Metal Storm logo
Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by IronAngel, 26.01.2015 - 15:35
I never got around to Hearts of Iron since Europa Universalis IV and especially Crusader Kings II are so good. Man, CK2 is maybe the best strategy game ever and certainly the best medieval videogame experience.

The learning curve in those games, at least, isn't so bad once you figure out what you're supposed to be doing. I figured them out pretty good, and I'm the kind of person who gave up on the X series after one tutorial (and I know I would love it if I just made the effort to learn it). Unlike most strategy games, they're not so focused on infrastructure and army building. EU seems to be about systematic expansion and diplomacy (played it less) and CK2 all about consolidating rule for the future.
26.02.2015 - 05:44
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 26.02.2015 at 03:41

ICO + Shadow of the Colossus arrived a coupled days ago in the mail ^.^

Enjoy playing through. SotC is my favourite of all time and ICO is up there too (and the soundtrack is really good in both)
27.02.2015 - 01:34
Slayer666

Written by Irritable Ted on 24.02.2015 at 12:59

This gen has been really disappointing so far. I've had my Xbox One for a year and only got 5 Games. None of them are ground breaking. Titanfall is the only one I have played a lot as it is a well balanced FPS, but even that hasn't exactly given anything new.

The only thing coming out that looks OK is The Division and that might not come out this year.

Really? You're not thrilled with the iteration #654335 of a FIFA/PES or CoD game, the beautiful endless grindfest of Diablo 3 and Destiny, the hipster bullshit lovely and creative Child of Light and The Escapists, the glorified DLC awesome Far Cry 4, the revolutionary new and original concepts of watch_dogs and D4/The Evil Within, the technically flawless Ass Creed games, the storytelling masterpiece of Dragon Age: Inquisition and so many others?

Well, some people, hmph. You can never please 'em.
28.02.2015 - 22:45
ylside

So :
I have just finished Return to Mysterious Island - I used only ONE hint in the internet... I am ashamed hahaha... but adventure games are like that, it is impossible sometimes to see what's right in front of you.

I also tried a "thing" called : Justin Smith's Realistic Summer Sports Simulator. What the hell was I thinking
01.03.2015 - 18:07
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by ylside on 28.02.2015 at 22:45

I also tried a "thing" called : Justin Smith's Realistic Summer Sports Simulator. What the hell was I thinking

lol...u win the internet for the day!
----
rekt
09.03.2015 - 09:07
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've put in over 100 hours on Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate so far. Really good game, especially with the new online feature. Now my hunting party and I can play without having to get together for monster hunter parties. additionally the New 3DS 3D is actually good this time, probably the best 3D feature I've ever seen. I also bought the Majora's Mask remake but have barely played it.
----
Coldgrits
09.03.2015 - 22:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Star Wars - The Old Republic is my current favorite...always liked SW world, now i fell in love with it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

12.03.2015 - 07:14
Mad Arab666

Written by Guest on 10.03.2015 at 15:51

13 days left to linger...

What game is that? Looks like bloodborne
----
Bring up the wolves head!
12.03.2015 - 07:31
Mad Arab666

Written by Guest on 12.03.2015 at 07:18

Written by Mad Arab666 on 12.03.2015 at 07:14

Written by Guest on 10.03.2015 at 15:51

13 days left to linger...

What game is that? Looks like bloodborne

DING DING DING :

Thought it was. I'm really looking forward to bloodborne. I got 14 days and 18 hours to go before it gets released in the UK.

For now i'm just playing shadow of mordor and samurai warriors 3 to keep me busy.
----
17.03.2015 - 13:53
whatsacow

Playing Hotline Miami 2. I had to pirate it since it's still banned in my country for a clip that's less offensive and explicit than shit in a Futurama episode. Which is a shame, because the game is good. Damned good.

I've also been playing Cities: Skylines, which is pretty much everything SimCity should have been and then some. It's kinda fantastic.

Also, Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, which was pretty darned disappointing. I wrote a review here for those of you who care to read it: http://plus10damage.com/blog/2015/3/6/oddworld-new-n-tasty-review

Finally, I'm REALLY looking forward to Bloodborne, much like the rest of you. 8 Days to go!
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
19.03.2015 - 00:04
Mad Arab666

Written by Guest on 13.03.2015 at 16:30

Written by Mad Arab666 on 12.03.2015 at 07:31

Thought it was. I'm really looking forward to bloodborne. I got 14 days and 18 hours to go before it gets released in the UK.

For now i'm just playing shadow of mordor and samurai warriors 3 to keep me busy.

eww SoM

----

to be fair I'm finding SoM incredibly boring. I mainly bought it because I'm a bt bit of a Tolkien fan and because of the hype. I'm probably going to trade it in for Bloodborne or MkX.
----
19.03.2015 - 12:30
raveneffect

Currently playing Transistor after purchasing it a few months ago.

I was already a big fan of Bastion so, naturaly, I was pretty excited with SuperGiant's second game. Installed it and played 2 hours of it so far. While the gameplay is headed in a different direction, it still reminds me of Bastion, which is a good thing. The battle system is great and easy to use but equally challenging, it takes a few tries to get used to Real-Time fighting and even turn-based isn't that linear since there's a few combos to discover. Story-wise it's great, they're really mastering the art of storytelling. Visuals are awesome and the graphics are gorgeous.

I've heard the game is quite small which I don't doubt since Bastion was small as well, but there was some replay-value so I'm guessing they've gave Transistor some too.

So far so good,
19.03.2015 - 16:53
ylside

Written by whatsacow on 17.03.2015 at 13:53

Playing Hotline Miami 2. I had to pirate it since it's still banned in my country for a clip that's less offensive and explicit than shit in a Futurama episode. Which is a shame, because the game is good. Damned good.

Hotline Miami 2 played me. Great isn't it ? fucking difficult too... ? only AFTER I finished the game did I discover they added a new feature to lock aim enemies - glad I didn't use it at all, because it's disabled anyway in Hard mode. MAN, HARD MODE. is Hard....

I first thought Hotline 2 was average when I finished it.. but I find myself going back to it so I guess it's better than I expected. Soundtrack is excellent though. It's just that some levels are too big and frustrating, and it's the wrong kind of frustration, not like Holtine Miami 1.
20.03.2015 - 02:22
whatsacow

Written by ylside on 19.03.2015 at 16:53

Written by whatsacow on 17.03.2015 at 13:53

Hotline Miami 2 played me. Great isn't it ? fucking difficult too... ? only AFTER I finished the game did I discover they added a new feature to lock aim enemies - glad I didn't use it at all, because it's disabled anyway in Hard mode. MAN, HARD MODE. is Hard....

I first thought Hotline 2 was average when I finished it.. but I find myself going back to it so I guess it's better than I expected. Soundtrack is excellent though. It's just that some levels are too big and frustrating, and it's the wrong kind of frustration, not like Holtine Miami 1.

Yeah, that is my big gripe with it too. Some of the levels are just too darn big. When you have 6 or 7 levels you have to contend with in a row that you can't just save and quit and come back to later - that's infuriating.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
29.03.2015 - 13:10
IronAngel

So is Pillars of Eternity really the Second Coming? Do I need to blow 40e on it immediately or be sensible and wait for a discount? I'm in the middle of KotOR2 and Geneforge 1 atm, so it's not like I don't have shit to play, but damn it looks titillating. I still haven't bought Divinity: Original Sin either, so between those two and the upcoming Tides of Numenara and UnderRail, it looks RPGs haven't been this good since around 1999.
29.03.2015 - 22:34
Mad Arab666

Loving bloodborne at the moment though I can't get past the first boss.

Only done two hours of gameplay though. I'm also playing fire emblem awakening on the 3DS. Really having fun with that.
----
31.03.2015 - 21:22
Mad Arab666

Written by Guest on 30.03.2015 at 06:10

Written by Mad Arab666 on 29.03.2015 at 22:34

Loving bloodborne at the moment though I can't get past the first boss.

Only done two hours of gameplay though. I'm also playing fire emblem awakening on the 3DS. Really having fun with that.

Which boss? Cause some people accidentally fight the second boss first who's way more difficult.

It was the cleric beast but I finally beat him. I just love exploring yharnham. Like in dark souls there's just a certain sense of dread you get with every step.
----
10.04.2015 - 14:55
whatsacow

Kinda disappointed with Bloodborne's Replayability. There aren't any builds and new game + doesn't change anything. All there is is the Challice Dungeons. Still, absolutely fantastic 80 hours.
----
17.04.2015 - 08:12
whatsacow

Played a lot of Bloodborne and put up a review: http://plus10damage.com/blog/2015/4/15/bloodborne-review

Now I'm playing Scholar of the First Sin. The changes they made are pretty darn good and make the game more challenging, but also a bit fairer. Some areas aren't as bullshitty, and some just make more sense lorewise.
----
06.06.2015 - 04:57
Sentinel65

I've started playing GTA IV with my friend a lot, just beat the final heist and made $1.3 mil. It is the biggest pain in the ass waiting for the exact amount of players needed for missions, but once we start playing they're great. When we are hanging out we play horror games, at the moment its SCP: Containment Breach. We got stuck after it turned out the one place on the map where we constantly glitch and fall through is necessary to beat the game! After that its probably Amnesia: Machine For Pigs (we just beat the first game.)
13.06.2015 - 02:48
Mad Arab666

I been playing the witcher 3 for a while now. Pretty awesome game. Anyone tried it?

Been playing Mortal kombat x as well but not as much. Still a good game.
----
14.06.2015 - 21:30
ANGEL REAPER

Brutal doom v20. well its brutal i can say that (also dual wield )
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
23.06.2015 - 02:48
Mad Arab666

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 14.06.2015 at 21:30

Brutal doom v20. well its brutal i can say that (also dual wield )

I just saw the trailer for Brutal doom. Looks so chaotic and fun.
----
23.06.2015 - 13:16
IronAngel

Pillars of Eternity is the tits. It is a shame they made it real-time with pause rather than turn-based, though.
25.06.2015 - 16:58
Candlemass
Defaeco
Waiting for the Path of Exile expansion, playing some ARMA III with my European friends when I have the time.
25.06.2015 - 17:04
Uldreth

Written by IronAngel on 23.06.2015 at 13:16

Pillars of Eternity is the tits. It is a shame they made it real-time with pause rather than turn-based, though.

Aye, but I find PoE to be far more playable than old Infinity Engine games, even if PoE is trying hard to be like them.

Planescape: Torment was the only IE game I could stomach playing (since it is not combat-oriented at all), even though I wanted to like Baldur's Gate II a lot, my principal gaming experience with BG II was getting freed from Irenicus' crib at the start as a sorcerer, then meeting a couple of imp-like things, blasting them relatively fine, then ran out of spells, no way to rest and then I said hello to like 2 min long battles against imps where my two-member party nearly died with no way to regen.

This is on easiest. I fully realize I suck at this whole DnD shiznit, but I don't see why a real-time capable video game has to adhere downright strictly to pen and paper rpg rules, and I don't see how should I have fought those early battles with so limited spells as a spellcaster.

Never had this issue with PoE however, even if the game IS hard, and a turn-based (or fully real-time) combat system would have fit it better.
27.06.2015 - 22:29
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I just bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS, as I hugely enjoyed MH Tri on the Wii, so far its a
02.07.2015 - 16:26
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
Bought so many games during the Steam Summer Sale, but I can't stop playing a wee £2 game called "Town Of Salem". It's so unbelievably addicitive. I'll get back to point n click games and CS:GO eventually
04.07.2015 - 23:57
ANGEL REAPER

Im playing Broforce these couple of days.Its much fun !
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.07.2015 - 22:54
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Guest on 12.07.2015 at 19:22

Witcher 3 done after 180 hours.

Got me thinking what games I have spent the most hours on. Pretty easy to tell with Steam members. Just look it up. So with that in mind, I have put in 1091 hours into Borderlands 2. 313 hours in Skyrim. 8 MONTHS on QuakeLive, but that doesn't count since it's an online shooter. On the consoles, I remember putting over 300 hours in Final Fantasy 7 on PS3, the counter stopped at 299 I think. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I know I put a boatload of hours into those games as well. I am missing some other games, those are the ones off the top of my head. Anyone want to chime in?
----
rekt
13.07.2015 - 23:01
IronAngel

I also found the swamp in Witcher (acts II and III apparently, looking at the Wiki) very generic and tedious. So many quests about running back and forth through uninteresting areas, farming uninteresting monsters. Perhaps my memory of the experience is distorted, but it felt like doing chores in two areas (half of Vizima, and the swamp) dominated the major part of the game. It had its moments: a good story, art style (apart from recycled NPCs) and atmosphere, but a large part of it was just unappealing. Outdoors area design was very MMO-ish, I guess you could say, and the combat/character building aspect sucks ass. A good game, though, but nowhere near a modern RPG gem for me. (But I guess that is partly due to me being an RPG fan and the game really isn't one, so I judge by unusual standards.)