‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34
Users visited: 273  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Milena on 18.04.2012 at 12:13
Written by R'Vannith on 18.04.2012 at 12:07

Fair enough, but not even something like the odd browser game on the net when you're bored or something?

Nope, never. I did play something called Doodle God a year ago and it was fun, but it required brain usage too so I quickly stopped playing I honestly have more fun studying than playing video games... I love it when some information that is actually useful at that time and place sticks to my brain.

Now drag me to the queer corner to socialize with all the other weirdos. I don't watch movies either.

Page 32 of 34

Private QT Fan

15.01.2014 at 22:26
I've been on a Last of Us binge. Holy shit is that game amazing. It's damn near perfect.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

16.01.2014 at 04:13
Written by Private QT Fan on 15.01.2014 at 22:26

I've been on a Last of Us binge. Holy shit is that game amazing. It's damn near perfect.

That game is awesome! It gets better the harder the difficulty you play at.
----
I have no patience for minds that do not inspire me or explode by trying.
Private QT Fan

16.01.2014 at 07:16
Written by -DC-002- on 16.01.2014 at 04:13

Written by Private QT Fan on 15.01.2014 at 22:26

That game is awesome! It gets better the harder the difficulty you play at.

ND also announced the Single Player DLC for the 14th of February. Are you in?

I'll be here to talk about it.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

16.01.2014 at 08:38
^ Ya probably , but I'm still gonna wait for the reviews and commentary.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

16.01.2014 at 12:55
As if Star Citizen wasn't enough, No Man's Sky just gave me a braingasm. Basically a procedurally generated universe that you get to fly around in, explore, name and land on your own planets and partake in dog fights from what I can see. I usually hate procedurally generated games as they ugly and repetitive, but this looks achingly stunning. Do want.

----
The Shape 1973

17.01.2014 at 12:51
Rockstar has just emptied GTA online in game bank accounts. Months of playing to build up earnings gone. Well done and thanks.

They have done it to stop the hackers, but have punished everybody. If they think people will buy more funds through microtransactions they are sorely mistaken.
----
I'm happy now.
Mattybu
crusty juggler

21.01.2014 at 23:42
Written by The Shape 1973 on 17.01.2014 at 12:51

They have done it to stop the hackers, but have punished everybody. If they think people will buy more funds through microtransactions they are sorely mistaken.

If this is some kind of way of spending real money for in game shit, you would be surprised how hard people go for that. From my experience anyways, in World of Warcraft any time Blizzard releases a new mount on the pet store TONS of people go to buy it. They are like $25 a piece, and purely a cosmetic item in the game. Not to mention every single one they release is actually legitimately fuck ugly. On top of that they have pets (also cosmetic item that doesn't benefit you in game, think like a little dog or w/e thats follow you around) and pieces of gear that you can use the appearance of (again, no benefit in game, just makes you character look different) for $15 that a ton of people also buy. People eat it right up, and I imagine WoW will be going free to play once they devise a few more pet store schemes. Long story short if people are really into the game they'll cough up the money.
----
"Marcel saw 1th Ron Jeremey movie when it was out on VHS" -K7
Slayer666
>----[knee]---|>

23.01.2014 at 00:55
Tried to finally go through Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura for once. That was my 4th attempt. Still couldn't do it. That blasted game has got to be the biggest pile of wasted potential ever.

The writing is superb, the plot is quite interesting and your choices actually do matter, unlike what a lot of modern games like to portray of themselves. Sadly, this is offset by some of the clunkiest, ugliest and just plain repulsive gameplay mechanics I've experienced, one-programer games from the nineties excluded.

Some character attributes are advertised (by the character creation screen) as extremely important while actually being total dumpstats, making it incredibly easy to completely screw yourself over.
So many character builds are downright unviable. You want to be a smooth-talking social manipulator? The game makes you believe it's a great idea by giving you tons of options (Charisma, Beauty, Intelligence and the Haggling and Persuading skills), but it turns out that the majority of quests, specially main ones, will turn out to be dungeon crawls. And since your character is not properly optimized, he's going to get absolutely shat on by even common wolves.

The combat is ridiculously unbalanced and boring. At least 1/2 of the available spells are downright useless, while the other 1/2 are ridiculously powerful. Seriously, once you've learned some of the more overpowered spells, the game is effectively over. Pretty much the same goes for extremely melee-oriented characters. Technology users? Utterly screwed until much later levels, but even then lacking in power compared to others. Stealth-oriented characters? HAHAHA!
You'll be stuck using 3-4 different spells that actually work during the entire game or just right-clicking on things until they die if you don't do magic. Even with high Charisma/Intelligence/Persuade, you'll still be forced into a fuck ton of dungeon crawling, more tedious than you've thought possible.

Many consider this an underrated RPG classic. I can see where they're coming from, but it can sure use one huge goddamn mechanic overhaul so you don't want to kill yourself drudging through utter shit to get to the really good stuff.
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

23.01.2014 at 08:32
Recently finished the (main) story part of Batman Arkham City. Still say it's just Escape From New York with Batman.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

Apathy is an emotion.
!J.O.O.E.!

25.01.2014 at 17:03
Pimped out my PSP to play PS1, SNES, Genesis and Nintendo DS games, so naturally jammed on Pokemon Fire Red for a bit.
----
Mad Arab666

31.01.2014 at 16:19
I got Diablo 3 on console. I'm having a lot of fun on it especially the co-op.
Planning on getting a PS3 around February or March time to play all the PS3 exclusives I've missed out on.
Then I'm going to save up for a PS4 or I'm going to try and build my own PC though I'm practically clueless about how to do it.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
IronAngel

08.02.2014 at 11:16
I just got Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV off Humble sale. Oh god why did I wait so long. Especially CKII is amazing. Obsessing over eugenics and getting fucked in the ass in totally unfair, unpredictable scenarios has never been this fun. The whole concept of playing a dynasty rather than a realm is refreshing in itself, and add to that the complexity and historical detail of the game and you'll be hard pressed to do better.

Medieval II: Total War is obsolete. If only CKII had the TW combat system. Would be a perfect game.
whatsacow

09.02.2014 at 07:43
Written by IronAngel on 08.02.2014 at 11:16

I just got Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV off Humble sale. Oh god why did I wait so long. Especially CKII is amazing. Obsessing over eugenics and getting fucked in the ass in totally unfair, unpredictable scenarios has never been this fun. The whole concept of playing a dynasty rather than a realm is refreshing in itself, and add to that the complexity and historical detail of the game and you'll be hard pressed to do better.

Medieval II: Total War is obsolete. If only CKII had the TW combat system. Would be a perfect game.

Now play it with the Game of Thrones mod. You won't regret it
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Malphas

09.02.2014 at 20:28
I just finished "Outlast" and it's the best survival horror to date. Simple as that. It was the most disturbing and fucked up experience i've had in my life so far (that includes horror movies, books, games...everything) this thing takes the cake. Ok now, to be honest there are a few loopholes like for example, fresh bateries for the camcorder last about 1 minute and you could say which sane person would go into an asylum without bringing any weapon? or the fact taht you can't even throw punches and defend yourself in any way may seem a bit unrealistic but hey...that's what survival horrors are all about. There was an interesting plot twist towards the end and the ending itself was somewhat unexpected but epic nonetheless. Even though i was scared shitless while playing and got a mini heart attack numerous times, i enjoyed every single moment of it. EPIC game
----
exclude the impossible, and what's left is the truth.
!J.O.O.E.!

10.02.2014 at 11:52
Looks like the fan translation to Final Fantasy Type-0 is nearly finished. Currently beta-testing and a tiny bit of video tranlsation to do I believe. Was going to play it on PSP but considering how good it looks I think it needs to be emulated in HD. It'll be good to play a worthy Final Fantasy again (I hope). Has been too long (XII).

In the mean time Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is keeping me quite happy. This could even beat FF Tactics.
----
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

12.02.2014 at 06:05
^ Tactics Ogre is a game I've always wanted to play, but I have no access to it without a PC or a PSP.. That being said I may have a small personal grudge to anyone playing it everyone has fun but me.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

12.02.2014 at 12:51
One thing it has over Tactics is the story. I realise now that even though I've played through Tactics about 3 times I really have no friggin' idea what the story was about. Was bogged down by the Shakespearean-esque writing style which hampered it to no end and made every character blur together, and the story almost purely revolved around political drama and was just not interesting. Tactics Ogre certainly has its own approach to language but to nowhere near the extent of Tactics. I like the idea that the game has 3 distinct story paths too depending on your actions.
----
Private QT Fan

13.02.2014 at 21:42
Anybody here getting Left Behind for The Last of Us tomorrow?
----
Private QT Fan

19.02.2014 at 02:26
Http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771110

RIP 1999-2014
----
!J.O.O.E.!

19.02.2014 at 15:02
I for one don't think it's a massive loss. I found the Bioshock games overrated. High on presentation, low on gameplay.
----
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

28.02.2014 at 21:51
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 19.02.2014 at 15:02

I found the Bioshock games overrated. High on presentation, low on gameplay.

Just plain wrong son, just plain wrong. The Bioshock series, especially the first one is a perfect blend of story line and FPS action. The writing is brilliant and there are sooo many fascinating ways to obliterate the enemy.
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
!J.O.O.E.!

28.02.2014 at 21:56
Written by tea[m]ster on 28.02.2014 at 21:51

Just plain wrong son, just plain wrong. The Bioshock series, especially the first one is a perfect blend of story line and FPS action. The writing is brilliant and there are sooo many fascinating ways to obliterate the enemy.

They're well written, I'll give them that (though I didn't enjoy experiencing the story through audio tapes: yawn) but the gameplay is so linear and repetitive. Same enemy types and for some reason I find the plasmids or whatever they're called don't offer enough variety as they should. Definitely not the height of gaming if you ask me.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

01.03.2014 at 03:42
Yeah Bioshock is not that great. I would probably enjoy that fiction more in graphic novel or movie format. Kind of fails as a video game at times.
----
!J.O.O.E.!

01.03.2014 at 22:26
Written by Mattybu on 01.03.2014 at 03:42

Yeah Bioshock is not that great. I would probably enjoy that fiction more in graphic novel or movie format. Kind of fails as a video game at times.

I do need to play System Shock 2 though. I have a bit of trouble immersing myself in PC games with primitive 3D graphics (to me it looks ugly, though I have no trouble with console graphics of similar kind for some reason, probably to do with what I grew up with) but I suspect it's a game worth playing.
----
Mattybu
crusty juggler

01.03.2014 at 23:38
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.03.2014 at 22:26

I do need to play System Shock 2 though. I have a bit of trouble immersing myself in PC games with primitive 3D graphics (to me it looks ugly, though I have no trouble with console graphics of similar kind for some reason, probably to do with what I grew up with) but I suspect it's a game worth playing.

I haven't played SS2 but I know what you're talking about when it comes to old PC games. A lot of them just feel too dry for me too play. I think sometimes PC games get too sidetracked with micromanagement that just doesn't come up as much in console games because it would be clunky and impossible to integrate well. World of Warcraft is the only PC game I have played extensively and despite a lot of time spent on menus and fiddling around with loot at the end of the day the gameplay is fun so it keeps me interested.
----
IronAngel

03.03.2014 at 22:40
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 01.03.2014 at 22:26

It's on my list too. I find that I get used to old 3D graphics pretty quickly. Just played Deus Ex and the first Thief recently, then moved on to Might & Magic VI and now Wizardry 8. Sure they look clunky at first, but as a rule I stop noticing after an hour or two. And as a bonus, when I load up Batman or Skyrim or whatever, I am blown away by the graphics. I really also want to play Daggerfall at some point, as I suspect it may be the best TES game for me, from what I've read and seen.

I find the controls to be a bigger problem in first-person 3D games, to be honest. That's what's kept me from jumping into Ultima Underworld. It's quite alright by the time you get to the Thief - Half-Life - System Shock 2 - Deus Ex era, but anything older than that feels really hard to get into for someone used to the standardized, optimized controls of modern PC gaming.
!J.O.O.E.!

03.03.2014 at 22:53
Written by IronAngel on 03.03.2014 at 22:40

It's on my list too. I find that I get used to old 3D graphics pretty quickly. Just played Deus Ex and the first Thief recently, then moved on to Might & Magic VI and now Wizardry 8. Sure they look clunky at first, but as a rule I stop noticing after an hour or two. And as a bonus, when I load up Batman or Skyrim or whatever, I am blown away by the graphics. I really also want to play Daggerfall at some point, as I suspect it may be the best TES game for me, from what I've read and seen.

I find the controls to be a bigger problem in first-person 3D games, to be honest. That's what's kept me from jumping into Ultima Underworld. It's quite alright by the time you get to the Thief - Half-Life - System Shock 2 - Deus Ex era, but anything older than that feels really hard to get into for someone used to the standardized, optimized controls of modern PC gaming.

Haha, yeah you can definitely adjust to the graphics; whenever I go from PC to 360 or PS3 games it's a little jarring because of the lower resolution and jagged edges, but as you say you eventually stop noticing them. I think I made a minor discovery with regard to older 3D PC graphics, and that's to not play on the highest definitions. Turning it down to the lowest 16.9 resolution makes everything seem a little less stark and basic; the blurriness melds things together a little more naturally.

As for controls when I loaded up System Shock 2 the other day I was surprised to see that the default key settings had Q and E as the strafe buttons, and X as the backwards movement key. Very strange (to me at least). As for the games as old as Ultima Underworld I'm clueless. I don't think I've delved that far back yet.

I made quite a bit of progress with the original Deus Ex and Thief some years ago before my PC died. I never did pick them up again, though they were certainly immersive experiences.
----
whatsacow

06.03.2014 at 13:44
Playing Stick of Truth, which is fucking sweet. It's an awesome South Park game, although if you removed the license it would be nowhere near as entertaining, as the rpg elements are quite weak. As it stands, it's damn awesome.

Also playing Diablo 3 now that they've fixed the loot system and made levelling quicker. It's like I'm playing a different game, and it's actually fun to play now!

Finally, I'm playing Resident Evil 4, the HD one. It's pretty damn good, and it looks great for a game that's nearly 10 years old. It's still my second favourite game of all time (first is Dark Souls) even though they fucked up the knife. When you go to aim your knife it freezes for a fraction of a second making it harder to knife enemies on the ground which sucks. However, I am incredibly happy to have a version of RE4 that actually works on PC.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Kirg

16.03.2014 at 20:07
I have just finished new Thief and I've got sort of mixed feelings about it. First few missions were really fun but when I reached the last two missions it wasn't very compelling.
There were few things developers did right - excellent graphics(you won't believe it runs on UE3), though it's also pretty demanding. From time to time you'll encounter spectacular locations. And music is pretty moody. "Open city", optional goals and challanges, lock picking, customizable fov...But few things went wrong. Sound engine is very unconvincing(worse than any thief game), some npcs repeat same crap in constant intervals. Assassin's Creed style controls - while it might work for AC it definitely doesn't work for thief. Even though game offers alternative paths they often feel "predefined". In fact every path is predefined.

I've approached this game with open mind but in the end I think the biggest mistake developers did was neglecting world setting from Thief trilogy. No more keepers, pagans, hammerites and historical english. Though you'll encounter references to these factions it's not enough and new characters and factions feels really generic. And thanks to this there are many people comparing Thief to Dishonored, resemblance is sometimes quite striking...
Mattybu
crusty juggler

17.03.2014 at 23:04
Starting to go macho on Dead Space 2, and one thing this game is further cementing into my brain is to really never trust video game reviewers from anywhere. There's the REALLY obvious no fly zones like IGN and such, but seriously it seems like a lot of reviews out there are very inconsistent with how much fun I have with a game.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34

Login or register to post here.