‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34
Users visited: 343  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by IronAngel on 27.05.2014 at 16:49
You might want to check Deus Ex: Human Revolution (and of course the original) for some cyberpunk stealth-action-RPG goodness. The gameplay is a little different to Mass Effect but the idea is close enough to make the comparison and say it's a lot better. Fairly good maps that allow for different approaches. It is not as epic and cinematic storywise, and you have no party, but it's pretty solid.

If you can grab the Dragon Age: Origins unlimited pack off a Steam sale, it's some really good party-based RPG adventure with a lot of alternative beginnings and strong companion characters, and combat in real time or in tactical mode. If you like old isometric RPGs, this is probably the best modern game to bring you back to Baldur's Gate days.

Page 32 of 34

!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

09.01.2016 at 17:20
Written by Dima on 09.01.2016 at 17:08

Wish isometric games would just banish. Quite arbitrary but I really don't like that POV. Not as bad as full on top down though Just me though HA

I know what you mean. I think if you're going to go down the pre-rendered route at least make each screen from a different perspective, ala FF7, 8, 9 etc. It's not always easy to tell what you're looking at in isometric games.
----
Mad Arab666

14.01.2016 at 07:22
I decided to play Dark souls 2 again after coming from Bloodborne. The moveset of weapons feel a little more limited and the game it self feels lot more slower than usual. I've also noticed a little more input lag in the game.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
Dima

14.01.2016 at 09:53
Written by Mad Arab666 on 14.01.2016 at 07:22

I decided to play Dark souls 2 again after coming from Bloodborne. The moveset of weapons feel a little more limited and the game it self feels lot more slower than usual. I've also noticed a little more input lag in the game.

I did the same thing a month ago. Big mistake. 5 hours into it I quit. Haven't touched it since :/
----
|A New Power is Rising|
Dima

16.01.2016 at 15:12
Dragon's Catma is pretty kewl. Spent 2-3 hours on character + pawn creation to create Revolver Ocelot and Yennefer >.>
----
|A New Power is Rising|
Mad Arab666

16.01.2016 at 18:36
Written by Dima on 14.01.2016 at 09:53

Written by Mad Arab666 on 14.01.2016 at 07:22

I did the same thing a month ago. Big mistake. 5 hours into it I quit. Haven't touched it since :/

I found myself getting into it a little more after a few hours but I still get the itch to play Bloodborne. I'm playing the scholar of the first sin so it feels a little more fresher than usual. I just hope Dark souls 3 has the speed of Bloodborne but I think I'm being spoiled there.

I might possibly jump back on the Witcher 3 since I haven't played the DLCs yet even though I own them.

Overall this year, I'm only looking forward to FF15, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Doom 4.
----
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

17.01.2016 at 13:21
Anyone played Survival Island 3? I think it's getting banned here.
----
Mum - 21/10/1955 - 19/6/2015. R.I.P.

"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"Now, where was I? Ah yes, mindless destruction!"
Go the Sharks!
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

21.01.2016 at 00:41
Darkest Dungeon.

Been playing it all today, I forgot how addictive it was. Now it's out of early access it has a few changes from the very early version I played, most notably diseases, corpses getting in the way etc. While they do all make it more difficult the RNG aspect seems to be infinitely fairer. I almost never miss now, whereas the enemies seem to miss on occasion. Have played around a little with the new characters, and they're fun and all, but I got pretty used to two separate set-ups, so generally been sticking with that. Not actually very far into at the moment, just accruing money, exp. etc. because I don't really play the game how one should. I love everything about it though, pretty much.
----
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

24.01.2016 at 01:39
Mad Max
Risk of Rain
Gods Will Be Watching
Dima

26.01.2016 at 13:48
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 21.01.2016 at 00:41

Darkest Dungeon.

Been playing it all today, I forgot how addictive it was. Now it's out of early access it has a few changes from the very early version I played, most notably diseases, corpses getting in the way etc. While they do all make it more difficult the RNG aspect seems to be infinitely fairer. I almost never miss now, whereas the enemies seem to miss on occasion. Have played around a little with the new characters, and they're fun and all, but I got pretty used to two separate set-ups, so generally been sticking with that. Not actually very far into at the moment, just accruing money, exp. etc. because I don't really play the game how one should. I love everything about it though, pretty much.

The crits I get are bullshit. 99% of them happen when they aren't required. Enemies don't play by the same rules. Why don't corpses show up when I die? HMMM!?!? Not cool. It's an uncommon situation to be in but that's no excuse. Rest is pretty good I think. Yet to reach the first boss..
----
|A New Power is Rising|
The Shape 1973

26.01.2016 at 22:15
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. Good tactical shooter. You have to think about attacks, rather than go in all Call Of Duty.

Just too many "team killers" to spoil things. Really don't see the point of killing your allies. Z0mbify67 you are a fucking dick.
----
I inhaled a bean.
BitterCOld
paid to ban you.

28.01.2016 at 20:23
Finally got Fallout 4 down here. Enjoying it thus far. Cannot wait to run around old Fenway Park and paff people with my shotgun.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
IronAngel

30.01.2016 at 18:39
Written by Belegûr on 24.01.2016 at 01:39

Mad Max
Risk of Rain
Gods Will Be Watching

All of them on my mental maybe-wishlist. But I also have some 60 games on my actual Steam wishlist and roughly the same number of to-be-played games in my library. Are they good? Risk of Rain especially - say I want to buy an action platformer roguelike. Should that be it, or is maybe Spelunky or Rogue Legacy better use of my time (which is more valuable than money, tbh)?
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

31.01.2016 at 03:51
Written by IronAngel on 30.01.2016 at 18:39

Written by Belegûr on 24.01.2016 at 01:39

Mad Max
Risk of Rain
Gods Will Be Watching

All of them on my mental maybe-wishlist. But I also have some 60 games on my actual Steam wishlist and roughly the same number of to-be-played games in my library. Are they good? Risk of Rain especially - say I want to buy an action platformer roguelike. Should that be it, or is maybe Spelunky or Rogue Legacy better use of my time (which is more valuable than money, tbh)?

Out of all those choices I would recommend Rogue Legacy first. God's will be watching is a great game, but it's not for everyone. It is very reliant on trial and error, but I loved it. Mad max is a great open world game. I'm still getting used to risk of rain, I'm finding it quote difficult!
Dima

31.01.2016 at 16:21
Dumped 40 hours into Darkest Dungeon. Early GOTY candidate followed up by Dragon's Dogma. My only looming issue with the game is the possible need to manage what areas you tackle. I can totally see myself locking out some areas (and therefore some bosses) because all my guys are too high a level to access them which means the only way to get to those areas is to banish members of my crew to make room for lower level guys. This hasn't become an issue because I'm not far enough for it to be one but I can totally see it becoming one and I don't like it. I guess i'm just lazy. I don't want to manage that big a picture. Apart from that I think the game is borderline perfection. Strategic, thoughtful, simple yet visually impactful animations, great storytelling, voice acting beyond this world, appealing comic booky aesthetic, morbid creature designs, tons of differentiated classes, cool looking loot. Devs should be damn proud. Oh and I honestly see nothing wrong with corpses.
----
|A New Power is Rising|
Vombatus
Potorro

03.02.2016 at 03:21
Tried out Vermintide. And I'm kinda disappointed. It first looked great, but the game keeps crashing all the friggin time. So you're kinda forced to put the graph settings in low/medium which sucks, even if you're computer can support high end stuff. Then I did the first 2 missions and it kept crashing near the end. Fuck that shit.
The game itself is fun, the gruesome atmosphere is great. I sort of dislike the big fights coz you can't see shit, a third person camera would be of great help in those cases (maybe I'm just not use to first person). Good thing is I got it off a sale, though not sure it's worth the money.
Dima

06.02.2016 at 16:01
Given up on Darkest Dungeon. I love the narration, the gameplay etc, I still recommend it but i'm 55 hours in and nowhere near the end. I really cbf finishing the story. Basically there are 3 tiers of levels and to progress through the story you gotta beat half a dozen or so bosses 3 times, 1 in each tier. Also late game difficulty is a bunch of bs. I'm sorry but having a character with 40 hp get crit for 34 by mid tier minion is a bunch of boiled horse bollocks. RNG isn't inherently wrong, it's fine in this game until late game. Now to go play Witcher 1 for the umpteenth time...
----
|A New Power is Rising|
ylside

06.02.2016 at 16:06
Currently going through Technobabylon - so far, much much better than Gemini Rue.
EDIT : Finished it, Excellent game. Highly recommended, after Primordia.
----
Dark Millennium - Medina's Spell
James P Woods

09.02.2016 at 05:20
If there are any good Black Ops III zombie players hit me up PS4 only no Xfail looking for new allies to complete the easter egg on Der Eisendrache, you must have a working headset and thorough map knowledge cause I am very tired of playing with noobs who do not communicate and run around like derps revives for days
----
Best album of 2016: Jumalten Aika - Moonsorrow.
Maco

14.02.2016 at 07:39
Had a nostalgic saturday remembering how awesome Mega Man x4 is. Damn I used to be good in that game, I lost the touch.

Also remembering how uplifting this little theme is.

----
I'm derp.
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

14.02.2016 at 16:26
Visiting a classic...

Unreal Gold + OpenGL + High Resolution Texture packs + patch 227i

Fucking GLORIOUS !!!!
----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfaQJuWGvU
Netzach

15.02.2016 at 20:06
Currently doing a nostalgia run of Neverwinter Nights + expansions... Great stuff.

The last really great game I played was The Witcher 3. Bought Fallout 4 when it was released but I think that will be the last time I ever give money to Bethesda. Uninspired world filled with plastic, lifeless characters as usual.
IronAngel

15.02.2016 at 21:34
Written by Netzach on 15.02.2016 at 20:06

Currently doing a nostalgia run of Neverwinter Nights + expansions... Great stuff.

Funnily enough, I don't think I ever finished any of the three campaigns, and yet NWN is one of my most-played games ever (maybe -the- most played, though League of Legends may have overtaken it) thanks to the amazing multiplayer possibilities. It isn't until now, with the upcoming release of Shards Online, that a viable competitor for privately-hosted custom persistent worlds (for role-playing) is being made. (Incidentally, I am writing lore for a server some of my NWN-buddies are making for Shards.)

I didn't make much of any of the NWN series campaigns except Mask of the Betrayer. That stuff is better than Baldur's Gate - or would be if you could actually build and control a party.
Netzach

15.02.2016 at 21:46
Written by IronAngel on 15.02.2016 at 21:34

Funnily enough, I don't think I ever finished any of the three campaigns, and yet NWN is one of my most-played games ever (maybe -the- most played, though League of Legends may have overtaken it) thanks to the amazing multiplayer possibilities. It isn't until now, with the upcoming release of Shards Online, that a viable competitor for privately-hosted custom persistent worlds (for role-playing) is being made. (Incidentally, I am writing lore for a server some of my NWN-buddies are making for Shards.)

I didn't make much of any of the NWN series campaigns except Mask of the Betrayer. That stuff is better than Baldur's Gate - or would be if you could actually build and control a party.

Yeah the campaigns are pretty light on the role-playing but great fun to run through imo. I also spent a lot of time on the NWN persistent worlds back in the days, I think the one I spent most of my time on was called "Land of Destiny" or something like that.

Well, NWN2 and Mask of the Betrayer was made by Obsidian and not Bioware, which explains why the story is actually gripping instead of just an excuse to kill stuff. Keep in mind Obsidian were the same guys who made Planescape: Torment... The 2nd NWN2 expansion, Storm of Zehir, brought back the Icewind Dale-style of pre-game party building and was great fun as well.

I probably like NWN2 better than the original but nostalgia can sometimes be hard to beat
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

16.02.2016 at 00:56
XCOM 2.

Buggy as fuck. Honestly some of the worst performance I've experienced in a game for a while and have had to turn down all settings a notch as a result. It's not exactly a technically amazing game either, although it's not exactly bad looking.

Modded away the constant countdown turn timer on 80% of the missions, so now I can play it like an XCOM game. It was a tad too difficult at first before I realised that upgrading weapons and armour affects all characters' default gear. After that, and realising the importance of making contacts, the game got a little easier. On the whole I'm much preferring XCOM: Enemy Within / Unknown. Just has more charm to it, and things feel like they work a lot better, particularly the aiming angles. The RND aspect seems a little better in XCOM 2 though. It's fine though.
----
Uldreth

16.02.2016 at 11:07
Written by IronAngel on 15.02.2016 at 21:34

I once almost played through the NWN2 OC, but I lost all saves due to computer failure, never managed to ever bring myself to play it again. I found the campaign intriguing (even the OC, it might be generic, but I have a feeling that it was pretty much intended as a parody of fantasy fiction, and it works pretty well like that), but the usual real-time with pause combat along with the most terrible camera control I have ever seen, with some gamebreaking bugs made me really despise the gameplay.

I never played the first NWN game, but I hear Hordes of the Underdark might be worth checking out?
IronAngel

16.02.2016 at 13:33
Written by Uldreth on 16.02.2016 at 11:07

I once almost played through the NWN2 OC, but I lost all saves due to computer failure, never managed to ever bring myself to play it again. I found the campaign intriguing (even the OC, it might be generic, but I have a feeling that it was pretty much intended as a parody of fantasy fiction, and it works pretty well like that), but the usual real-time with pause combat along with the most terrible camera control I have ever seen, with some gamebreaking bugs made me really despise the gameplay.

I never played the first NWN game, but I hear Hordes of the Underdark might be worth checking out?

Hordes of the Underdark is a nice dungeon crawler. And NWN camera control is much better than NWN2. It depends on what you play (a wizard with a lot of metamagic prepared may be too much), but since you only control a single character you don't really need to use pause once you organise your quickslots efficiently.

I just love the character building in both games. It has a lot of room for creativity and clever concepts, although it takes a little research if you're not familiar with 3/3.5E D&D. Not that it really matters in single-player.

My favorite character was/is a cleric/monk (24/6) priest of Oghma, a quarterstaff-wielding, unarmored geek. It used to work a lot better until my PW capped Monk AC bonus from Wis modifier to monk levels (so only 6 free AC instead of, like, 12) and removed the bonus attacks-per-round from Divine Power (a spell that vanilla gives bonus BASE Attack Bonus but was changed to give a magical bonus), but I got some of the oomph back when they made Quarterstaff work with Monk's higher attack-per-round progression. It wasn't a great build (would have been much stronger with kamas and Dex-base) but I wanted to play a Friar Tuck -type of character and made it work. (Yeah, I've played it a bit. >_>)
BitterCOld
paid to ban you.

17.02.2016 at 00:47
I liked it but didn't get too terribly far. preferred the BG model for party building, though.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Mad Arab666

17.02.2016 at 05:04
Written by Netzach on 15.02.2016 at 20:06

The last really great game I played was The Witcher 3. Bought Fallout 4 when it was released but I think that will be the last time I ever give money to Bethesda. Uninspired world filled with plastic, lifeless characters as usual.

I feel the same thing for Fallout 4. I bought into the hype and I actually enjoyed Fallout 3 but for some reason I just don't as invested in this latest Fallout game. It just feels more like a choir trying to play through it.

Currently I'm playing Final Fantasy 10. I essentially got to the end of the game years ago but never saw the ending or beat the final boss.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

19.02.2016 at 15:59
Dragon's Dogma.

Getting my ass whooped.

That is all.
----
!J.O.O.E.!
Defunct

11.03.2016 at 00:11
Firewatch. Absolutely loved it tbh. It sort of gave me the same feels as I got with Kentucky Route Zero, and ended up playing it in one session. Not really for anyone expecting deep gameplay, as it's a glorified walking simulator, but the writing and voice acting are absolutely second to none. The ending probably wasn't what I'd hoped but it wrapped things up more or less, unlike what others would have people believe. Great visuals too.

About 50 / 60 percent through GTA V too. Started it briefly last year but my graphics card wasn't as good as I would have liked it to be at the time. Probably the most technically accomplished game I've ever seen. The visual detail is mindboggling; not surprised it's the most expensive game ever made (by quite a ridiculous margin it seems, when you don't include marketing). It's pretty fun too, although I have to push through the perpetual cognitive dissonance of having to play as 3 unpleasant people (of varying degrees). Wasn't overly keen on the torture scene. Beats the frankly deficient GTA IV, hands down.

Have also put about 6 hours into Stardew Valley. Not exactly heavily into farming / social simulator type games but it's quite addictive stuff.

Might break into Life Is Strange too at some point. Firewatch has given me a taste for narrative-based games as of late.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34

Login or register to post here.