Metal Storm logo
Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by IronAngel, 26.01.2015 - 15:35
I never got around to Hearts of Iron since Europa Universalis IV and especially Crusader Kings II are so good. Man, CK2 is maybe the best strategy game ever and certainly the best medieval videogame experience.

The learning curve in those games, at least, isn't so bad once you figure out what you're supposed to be doing. I figured them out pretty good, and I'm the kind of person who gave up on the X series after one tutorial (and I know I would love it if I just made the effort to learn it). Unlike most strategy games, they're not so focused on infrastructure and army building. EU seems to be about systematic expansion and diplomacy (played it less) and CK2 all about consolidating rule for the future.
25.09.2022 - 22:04
ylside

Written by Guest on 07.08.2022 at 22:17

Playing Pillars of Eternity right now. I like the cRPG genre but not with active-pause combat. Never bothered with getting into Baldur's Gate since the first game is awfully dated, and I don't like skipping games in the franchise. PoE is very inspired by d&d, but it's systems are made for the sake of the game, so Obsidian has very much freedom with it. It's very accessible, but still very challenging game. The main plot is very interesting unlike in many other rpg titles. Im already halfway through, but it's kind of game which does not respect your time, so you spend a lot of hours reading text boxes and dialogues. I'll definitely play PoE2/Tyranny/Baldur's Gate after finishing this.

PoE 2 is waaay better than the first one.
And in all cases, Baldur's Gate 2 remains the ultimate benchmark for the genre (gameplay, story, companions, fights, you name it...)
04.10.2022 - 11:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I re start RD2 ... I will try get 100% this time. I try do it whit help of YT.

Does anybody plays Red dead 2 Online? I checked seems there are single player missions, I am single person game player. I dont like those online whit each other , I want play missions,. free roaming, side missions, extras. So is it good , should I check out RD2 Online? How good it is comparing to RD2?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2022 - 20:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 04.10.2022 at 18:23

RD2 Online had a lot of potential, but Rockstar couldn't stop shoting himself in the foot with this game. It's general reception (at least from my information bubble) is "fail, after fail, after fail". Honestly I think there's enough content in base Red Dead Redemption 2 that you don't need to check multiplayer. Rockstar is now entirely focused on upcoming GTA VI, so there also won't be many updates in the future. Personally, I think it's not worth to waste time on RD2 Online, especially in already oversaturated market, there's just too many good games to check out.

I gave up. I played for a long time - single player - but quit. I started fucking around with GTA Online and find it hilarious people are bitching because they haven't unveiled a new car for purchase in two weeks... whereas it's been forever in a day since the last "season" in RDO for cheesy belt buckles and whatnot. Been over a year without new content.

As a side note, in GTA Online one of the missions is to sell a bunch of weapons, with you getting to the drop off by taking an armored 18 wheeler truck with a massive wedge affixed the front... you start at 3 star wanted, cops everywhere and you just plow through them and everything else in your way... That's fun enough in itself, but when Channel X opts to kick in Black Flag's "My War" it is the perfect marriage of game and music.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.10.2022 - 23:49
Illusion's_Void

BLOODBORNE IS THE SHIT!!!
15.10.2022 - 12:44
nonZero

Written by Illusion's_Void on 14.10.2022 at 23:49

Played it earlier this year and it has become my 3rd favourite game of all time! Have you played the DLC?
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
15.10.2022 - 13:35
Illusion's_Void

Written by nonZero on 15.10.2022 at 12:44

Played it earlier this year and it has become my 3rd favourite game of all time! Have you played the DLC?

No, I'm still playing the normal version. Bought it last week for 17€, have been addict ever since. May even be better than Elden Ring. I heard the DLC is even more challenging.
21.10.2022 - 21:28
Joppe
Steelemeister
I bought Hard West 2; a bit risky move because it doesn't have official Linux support, It's playable but graphics look quite bad on the best settings and frame rate is really low. I guess I should wait the official release to have it fully working.

Not really impressed by the combat mechanics. You basically know the outcome of the battle based on how you play the first round when you have the first turn on your whole posse, which kills the excitement. Turn based combat RPGs usually have better combat mechanics, like sequence in which characters take turns.
----
My vision is augmented
24.10.2022 - 02:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One

Yes. Yes it is.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.01.2023 - 15:06
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
I recently replayed pokemon Alpha Sapphire and although it's not nearly as good as emerald, it's still the best 3ds pokemon game by quite a margin. It was my first nuzlocke as well, which was a fun challenge given how damn easy the game is.
11.01.2023 - 15:00
nonZero

This year I've completed:
• Chrono Trigger (9.5/10)
• Super Metroid (9.5/10)
• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (9.3/10)
• Super Mario World (8.2/10)
• Metroid Prime (9.4/10)
• The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (9.4/10)
• Elden Ring (10/10)
• DOOM (9.2/10)
• The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (9.4/10)
• Silent Hill 2 (9.5/10)
• Metroid: Zero Mission (9.0/10)
• Metroid Fusion (8.7/10)
• Goldeneye 007 (9.2/10)
• God of War Ragnarök (9.8/10)
• Final Fantasy VII (9.4/10)
• Max Payne (9.2/10)
• Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (9.2/10)
• Sekiro (9.4/10)
• Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (8.7/10)
• Pokémon SoulSilver (8.9/10)
• Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (9.0/10)
• Mega Man X (8.8/10)
• Ori and the Will of the Wisps (9.3/10)
• Blasphemous II (9.2/10)
• Metroid Dread (9.2/10)
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
03.02.2023 - 22:57
ylside

Written by nonZero on 11.01.2023 at 15:00

Currently playing Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid using a SNES emulator on my phone. Both amazing!

06.03.2023 - 16:51
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
For Dark Souls fans, a vid of Obama, Trump and Biden arguing over a DS boss tier list.

Lols

And in Dark Souls II news...

Attention citizens of Majula,

The Association for the Pacification of Greater Drangleic is pleased to announce that those wishing to travel the outskirts of Majula will now find safe and happy travels through these areas:

Forest of Fallen Giants
Heide's Tower of Flame
Cathedral of Blue
No-man's Wharf
The Lost Bastille
Belfry Luna
Huntsman's Copse
Undead Purgatory
Belfry Sol
Doors of Pharros
Brightstone Cove Tseldora
Black Gulch

We are hard at work continuing our ceaseless, driven and just cause to purge the following of the last remnants of vile creatures.

Huntsman's Copse
Shaded Woods

We regret to notify you that the following will remain a no-go zone for those travelers wishing safe transit.

The Pit
Grave of Saints
The Gutter (FUCK THIS PLACE)

Finally, when exploring Majula, please be careful of the dangerous pigs. While we removed the three little pigs, two larger hogs have taken up their space. (Yeah, i wiped the pigs out only to have them replaced by two much larger pigs)

----

22.03.2023 - 14:27
Netzach
Planewalker
The latest video game I've been playing is the Baldur's Gate III Early Access and man it's shaping up to be the RPG to end all RPGs. Before that I played Pentiment (point-and-click RPG by master studio Obsidian), which was fantastic in all its permutations, if a bit short. But hey, it was only €20. Also, shoutout to Disco Elysium, I've never been as entertained by the writing in a game since Planescape: Torment.

Oh, I'm also playing Pokémon Sword/Shield on PC emulator, but I'm a bit disappointed so far. I preferred the older-style games (Crystal was the shit, but Ultra Sun/Moon were fantastic too).
24.05.2023 - 19:54
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
I have recently gotten into speedrunning, as in doing it myself instead of just watching other people do it. It's incredibly fun and surprisingly easy to get into. The game I chose to speedrun was Celeste and I think it's a very good gateway into speedrunning if you enjoy it, as the game is pretty much built around it.
I managed in about 10 attempts and a little training to get from a first time of 1:48:23 to one of 59:40, my very first time sub one hour, which was the goal I set myself to reach. I'm very proud and I might try to lower that time even further.

In other news, I've also been playing the new Zelda game and all I can say is wow. Breath of the Wild was already an incredible experience, but Tears of the Kingdom makes it feel like it was only a tech demo. The game somehow manages to fix almost everything that Breath of the Wild didn't do too well (better dungeons, better story, better use of the items, more enemy variety) while simultaneously expanding on its qualities through the new mechanics, which are a lot of fun to use, and making it an overall much, much bigger and more complete game. The "it's only a $70 dlc" criticism feels completely unearned and unjustified, and this game will probably go down in history as one of the greatest of all times. I'm having an absolute blast and heavily recommend it, the concerns some may have with the game not adding enough things to warrant buying it will quickly disappear when playing.
08.06.2023 - 15:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to few sites Red Dead 2 has 30 new missions, but when I start play those don't come up why?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.06.2023 - 23:55
ylside

Written by Netzach on 22.03.2023 at 14:27

The latest video game I've been playing is the Baldur's Gate III Early Access and man it's shaping up to be the RPG to end all RPGs. Before that I played Pentiment (point-and-click RPG by master studio Obsidian), which was fantastic in all its permutations, if a bit short. But hey, it was only €20. Also, shoutout to Disco Elysium, I've never been as entertained by the writing in a game since Planescape: Torment.

Will get to Pentiment - thanks for reminding me !

Currently playing a lot of Slay the Spire while listening to podcasts. Good combination
30.06.2023 - 13:08
BOBAH1

MK of course)
04.07.2023 - 18:33
Metal Rasputin

I haven't had too much time for games for years now, but since the last week rained like crazy and I couldn't go out, I decided to play the original Tomb Raider again. I still think the first one is the best, the second one is really good, the third is mostly very challenging and fun, and the fourth one I haven't played through because I didn't like it the first time. The newer games I haven't tried at all except for The Angel of Darkness, which sucked harder than life itself.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
04.07.2023 - 23:26
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Been playing Va-11 Ha11ah recently and it's been a blast so far! I have close to 0 experience with visual novels, notably because the few times I tried to play one the pacing was absurdly slow (looking at you higurashi) and didn't get me engaged in the story, but that problem doesn't seem to be there, the presentation here is top notch and the additional gameplay element of mixing drinks is a welcome change of pace every now and then. The characters seem to be pretty well written and it's overall a really fun game!
05.07.2023 - 00:49
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Roman Doez on 04.07.2023 at 23:26

Been playing Va-11 Ha11ah recently and it's been a blast so far! I have close to 0 experience with visual novels, notably because the few times I tried to play one the pacing was absurdly slow (looking at you higurashi) and didn't get me engaged in the story, but that problem doesn't seem to be there, the presentation here is top notch and the additional gameplay element of mixing drinks is a welcome change of pace every now and then. The characters seem to be pretty well written and it's overall a really fun game!

Oh God. That game is something else. The characters actually feel real. Best character build I'd seen in videogames.
Jill is best girl.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.07.2023 - 21:23
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
I just went through the first 3 Batman Arkham games, and they were a blast. As a lifelong Batman fan, they really nail the feel and aesthetic of the caped crusader's universe. Arkham Asylum especially is expertly crafted and has a vibe I didn't find in the other 2 games. I'm yet to play Arkham Knight, as my PC already struggles when running Asylum, but I bought it for dirt cheap during steam sales so I'm hyped to experience it in the future.
21.07.2023 - 14:13
ylside

Noita, excellent game guys, get it !
22.07.2023 - 14:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I've been meaning to play Noita. Seeing it's by the same dev that made Baba is You and Environmental Station Alpha, two of my favorite games, it's probably really good.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
22.07.2023 - 17:44
ylside

Written by Karlabos on 22.07.2023 at 14:56

I've been meaning to play Noita. Seeing it's by the same dev that made Baba is You and Environmental Station Alpha, two of my favorite games, it's probably really good.

Get it without thinking,

I liked Baba is you, but got stuck in some puzzles for quite a while, and after many trials I dropped it for now.

Have you tried Stephen's Sausage Roll ? People praised it as super genius, I got stuck at the very beginning lol. (Yes, couldn't finish even one level).

22.07.2023 - 17:45
ylside

Written by Guest on 21.07.2023 at 18:38

Written by ylside on 21.07.2023 at 14:13

Noita, excellent game guys, get it !

Agreed, it's a contender for the best roguelite game ever for a reason.

Loads of fun dying in a zillion different manners
22.07.2023 - 20:37
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by ylside on 22.07.2023 at 17:44

Have you tried Stephen's Sausage Roll ? People praised it as super genius, I got stuck at the very beginning lol. (Yes, couldn't finish even one level).

I tried and had a similar experience, lol.
I didn't try it for very long, though. I feel like block puzzles like that are too trial and errorish. I like it when the logic is right there, like in baba. You could even solve the puzzles in your head. That makes it much more satisfying to solve.

I know that there is supposed to be a big twist in Stephen's Sausage Roll, though, like Baba or The Witness have. So I am still intrigued by that one.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
27.07.2023 - 16:48
Metren
Dreadrealm
Finished Tales of Arise today.

A 6.5/10 or 7/10 at most. The characters, their personalities and backstories range from interesting to painfully cliche-ridden. The story is decent, but the overall feel of the first and second half is a violent clash, IMO. I can't go into more detail without spoilers. The music's pleasant, the graphics too. Some areas are gorgeous and have many points of interest, others are needlessly big and bland. I enjoyed the combat, but there were many enemies that should've had less HP, as taking them down took ages and there was no real threat to my party either. A lukewarm recommendation for fans of JRPGs and fans of the Tales series. Don't go in expecting a masterpiece.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
29.07.2023 - 20:08
ylside

Written by Karlabos on 22.07.2023 at 20:37

I tried and had a similar experience, lol.
I didn't try it for very long, though. I feel like block puzzles like that are too trial and errorish. I like it when the logic is right there, like in baba. You could even solve the puzzles in your head. That makes it much more satisfying to solve.

I know that there is supposed to be a big twist in Stephen's Sausage Roll, though, like Baba or The Witness have. So I am still intrigued by that one.

The Witness is among my all time top favs. Eventhough I didnt finish "the challenge".

Have you tried Outer Wilds, and Talos Principle ?
29.07.2023 - 20:09
ylside

Written by Guest on 23.07.2023 at 15:52

The best thing about it is that it's possibly the most skill-dependant popular roguelite game. You can make overpowered combinations if you know what you are doing, and there's very little rng involved (unlike in Isaac or Slay the Spire). The only shitty part about the game is some random tiny invisible pixels that can block your character and lead to your death.

Yes with the pixels I keep on kicking and trying to levitate until I'm unblocked lol

13.08.2023 - 19:17
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Been getting into Fear & Hunger lately after hearing it described as the cruelest game ever.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?