04. Ved Steingard
05. Krigsstev
06. Dauden
07. Grimskalle Trell
08. Nord Naagauk
09. Fandens Allheim
10. Tanker Mot Tind (Gryning)

Additional info
Recorded in Grieghallen during the period from October '95 to January '96.
Mixed in May '96.
Engineered and co-produced by Eirik "Pytten" Hundvin.
Cover photo by Johan Brun.

Guest review by
Ernis
Rating:
Borknagar's first album is called Borknagar and I don't really know how to start writing about this piece of music. First of all, I am not a black metal fan at all, but Borknagar, especially this album of theirs, is what appeals to me the most from amongst all other music of this particular genre. The group has gone through a very versatile career, but this is their starting point and is also their most black/viking metal album that they have ever produced.

Read more ››
published 10.06.2009 | Comments (6)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 356 users
22.08.2011 - 16:24
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Average album. Has some good songs, and other bad songs. I think black metal's not my thing so..
7/10 Because I wasn't able to make out a lot of the guitar riffs.
17.10.2011 - 22:42
Frost Beast
Account deleted
I used to hate this album... How could I? This is awesome, Vindervredets Sjelesagn is one of my favorite black metal songs. Crushing atmospheres, melodic guitar riffs, thunderous drums, acoustic passages and Garm's amazing harsh vocals. Could you ask for more?
21.03.2013 - 22:37
Rating: 9
musicalkaratekid

This album is the first I've heard of anything by Borknagar, and for that reason I think I'm pleased as well. I really like how the Black Metal and Folk Metal elements tie in together to make for a really unique, atmospheric sound. The vocals aren't anything special, but they fit well with the music anyway. 'Krigsstev', 'Nord Naagauk' and 'Fandens Allheim' are probably my personal highlights.
14.01.2015 - 16:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Interesting album, as classic BM. Its classic, great artwork, best from all albums, but this band became famose because of changing sound turning to prog, but if they wont, they would be one of BM bands from Norway, even older sound us better, classic lives forever , in some way this is not best album, but same time it might be consider as classic
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.08.2015 - 13:56
Rating: 10
metalfan1999

Amazing! This release is very atmospheric and raw at the same time and is kinda similar to early enslaved. I think it is underrated (7.8 really?). Vindervredets Sjelesagn is an amazing opening track. Tanker Mot Tind (Kvelding) is an amazing instrumental (I just love this track). Let's say this is their most "true" release. I like the fact that it is really raw, but also emotional and atmospheric.
05.10.2018 - 21:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by metalfan1999 on 15.08.2015 at 13:56

Amazing! This release is very atmospheric and raw at the same time and is kinda similar to early enslaved. I think it is underrated (7.8 really?). Vindervredets Sjelesagn is an amazing opening track. Tanker Mot Tind (Kvelding) is an amazing instrumental (I just love this track). Let's say this is their most "true" release. I like the fact that it is really raw, but also emotional and atmospheric.

Its like many bands what changes sound in beggining sounded like that, and now after all prog and changes, put bands classic, its amaizng.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 8582 | This month: 50