The Pub

Original post

Posted by , 05.05.2015 - 08:52
Written by deadone on 05.05.2015 at 07:26

Even old Lit has been quiet.

yeah, ever since that thread of yours he got angry about.
26.07.2017 - 03:57
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl
Written by Metren on 24.06.2017 at 10:05

Well, I'm finished with making music, for real this time, put my guitars up for sale on FB and so on... I created an album, people liked it, it didn't make me very happy or ultimately give me any sense of purpose in life, as expected. It was somewhat fun but no more than a placebo that temporarily distracted me from the fact that I am not a person, who enjoys being alive and doing things. It's time to move on and find a hobby that actually makes me happy, I am relatively young and still have time. Won't delete my MS account though, nnnneeevvveeeerrr.

No 2nd Dreadrealm album? That's a pity. The 1st one was a good album. Good luck with whatever you do next.
For a new hobby, try playing Elder scrolls Online and watch people (still) bitch about the American election on a fantasy rpg. ESO: it's like the rest of the internet, but you can through mudballs at folks.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"I'll put whatever I want in your mouth!"
26.07.2017 - 12:34
Metren
The Doom Noob
Written by M C Vice on 26.07.2017 at 03:57

No 2nd Dreadrealm album? That's a pity. The 1st one was a good album. Good luck with whatever you do next.
For a new hobby, try playing Elder scrolls Online and watch people (still) bitch about the American election on a fantasy rpg. ESO: it's like the rest of the internet, but you can through mudballs at folks.

I must be bipolar or something, but even though I fully intended to give up on music, I can't. Went and bought a new guitar yesterday and am already working on some new tracks (more prog, thrash and occasionally doom oriented metal this time). I guess this makes my previous comment look rather silly But yeah, I'm trying to keep it all light-hearted and not dream too much of success this time, just to keep from becoming too obsessed. Might share a track or two somewhere on MS too, when I get something worthwile done.

Also, since I can't seem to let go of my somewhat abusive relationship to music, I can't completely rule out a 2nd Drearealm album.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
27.07.2017 - 14:24
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl
Written by Metren on 26.07.2017 at 12:34

even though I fully intended to give up on music, I can't. Went and bought a new guitar yesterday and am already working on some new tracks (more prog, thrash and occasionally doom oriented metal this time). I guess this makes my previous comment look rather silly
Also, since I can't seem to let go of my somewhat abusive relationship to music, I can't completely rule out a 2nd Drearealm album.

Looks like you're a quitter when it comes to quitting, then.
Just go the way of Wintersun with Dreadrealm. Promise a new album for 10 years and I'll still follow along for the mythical opus at the end of the never ending tunnel of dissapointments.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"I'll put whatever I want in your mouth!"
27.07.2017 - 14:53
Metren
The Doom Noob
Written by M C Vice on 27.07.2017 at 14:24

Looks like you're a quitter when it comes to quitting, then.
Just go the way of Wintersun with Dreadrealm. Promise a new album for 10 years and I'll still follow along for the mythical opus at the end of the never ending tunnel of dissapointments.

Oh my fuck, this is the best advice I've ever been given

Seriously though, as I said in my Thank You video to fans on YT, if I make a 2nd album, it will be better or I won't release it. It's that simple. As an artist, I'd rather die than fall into any of the common traps like thinking everything you do is gold or thinking that doing two almost identical albums is a safe bet. I believe Steven Wilson once said that an artist has to make music for themselves and not their fans, because that's what an entertainer does, but I'd say the best results - both commercially and artistically - are born when an artist embraces both roles and realizes that without feedback and fans, he or she would be inconsequential.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
14.08.2017 - 22:19
Brotherhood4Ever
I just come back, the only and only Asian gook vietnamese here, dont worry, I will protectyou all lol xd, and...it's true metal way is only way,.now I come back to metal, I truly assure it.
14.08.2017 - 22:38
Brotherhood4Ever
How have you guys been ?

Sad Legend has introduced new album, as I hooverly seen in youtube. That band is quite good except they dont have lyrics in English for listener to read.
29.08.2017 - 05:20
Übermensch242
Greetings Metalstormers!

How have you all been? From the ashes of the last Bahamian MSer on this site (who hasn't posted in years), I have arisen with this new and improved account.

Here's to my first post.....Cheers Metallians.
----
Conventional morality is the herd instinct of the weak.....
10.10.2017 - 20:40
Bad English
Masterchief
After 2 years when y mother tock back her TV, I bought my own one, no tv cabel, soon, I wony pay for c more and viasat only use free 12 channels what is included in my apparent rent

I can see good movies again, speed up torrent, I have missed 2 years whit good movies, damn
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.11.2017 - 10:02
Metren
The Doom Noob
I used to think that creating music for the 2nd album would be the toughest thing I could ever face as an artist, but nope! The toughest thing is finding CD cover art that I like. I'm very obsessive about getting an image that perfectly matches the feeling of the album I'm working on and I can't find anything. Been searching Deviantart and other places for days now and... nothing. Can't give up though...
----
30.11.2017 - 12:33
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
Suddenly, I'm missing my buddy - deadone.
----
30.11.2017 - 14:36
Bad English
Masterchief
I am moving to Silverhöjd, 190km N from artic circle
----

01.12.2017 - 00:02
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Can someone explain what this thread is for to me please? Keep in mind I'm new to it..
----
Through the darkness of future past,
The magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds...
"Fire... walk with me."
01.12.2017 - 01:21
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS
Written by VIG on 01.12.2017 at 00:02

Can someone explain what this thread is for to me please? Keep in mind I'm new to it..

It's the one thread where you can talk about anything and still be on-topic. Speak anything you want

Also, happy birthday
----
01.12.2017 - 01:22
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Karlabos on 01.12.2017 at 01:21

It's the one thread where you can talk about anything and still be on-topic. Speak anything you want

Also, happy birthday

Thanks.
----
"Fire... walk with me."
03.12.2017 - 00:49
ANGEL REAPER
Wow, boy, this place sure looks empty!
Wazzup MS, long time no see
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.12.2017 - 23:21
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
I scored some awesome stuff at a Flea Market today:

-An NFL canvas with all AFC and NFC teams' logos on it (I tried to find a pic of it online, but couldn't)
-A PlayStation 1 with FFVII, two controllers, the power and RCA chords, and a 16 MB memory card for 35$ (System was 20, game was 15, everything else was free because I bought the game and the system together)
-KISS Pinball for the PS1 (Probably not good, but I love KISS)
-A Bruins helmet ornament (Fucking awesome as the Bruins are my favorite team of my favorite sport!)
----
"Fire... walk with me."
18.12.2017 - 21:14
Metren
The Doom Noob
This month I got something of a black metal poisoning from listening to nothing but. Have been listening to Tool and Devin instead for a few weeks now and I suddenly feel like creating progressive or alt rock or metal now instead of writing for Dreadrealm. Man, I am one inconsistent mofo...
----
26.12.2017 - 16:00
Bad English
Masterchief
In Porjus, Sweden we have midnight sun from 2th june till mid july, Sun never sets, but why in winter there are no polar darkness? Even in Vietas where midnight sun are more longer , polar night is 7 days, same in Kiruna, Soppero? Why I thought it must be same as light as dark, equal days? why its that?
----

27.12.2017 - 03:54
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Here is a random topic I wanted to discuss here: What do y'all think of tribute bands? I personally don't really like the idea, but I wanted to know some other metalstormers thoughts on the subject.
----
"Fire... walk with me."
27.12.2017 - 15:12
Bad English
Masterchief
Yvesson hand working shit
6 yars ago I was living at mothers house and there was from nobember till match -25¤c to -35¤c every day and we need use fire woods 20h per day to get 17¤C inside. No electricity does the heating and we still cant get more as 17 if its so cold, its for all of people here but diferemnce is you don't need be at home to heat, it does electricity, you can be out, work, drive snow scooter
----

28.12.2017 - 23:47
Übermensch242
Written by VIG on 27.12.2017 at 03:54

Here is a random topic I wanted to discuss here: What do y'all think of tribute bands? I personally don't really like the idea, but I wanted to know some other metalstormers thoughts on the subject.

It's not something which I care for personally. Tribute bands usually never tend to make it beyond the bar/night club.......and they shouldn't because it wouldn't be right to be a sort of main-stage band while at the same time riding on the coat tails of one single band......
----
Conventional morality is the herd instinct of the weak.....
31.12.2017 - 16:34
Metren
The Doom Noob
Written by VIG on 27.12.2017 at 03:54

I think that starting out as a tribute band (I believe Circus Maximus for example started by only playing Dream Theater stuff for example) is fine. Making a career of it with no intention of ever creating original material is something I simply don't understand at all. What is the point of being a 2nd or 3d best version of another band?

Off-topic:

As 2017 ends tonight, I think we should all applaud Whitney Houston for being drug-free for six years. Well done, clearly Houston hasn't got a problem.
----
31.12.2017 - 16:46
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Metren on 31.12.2017 at 16:34

I think that starting out as a tribute band (I believe Circus Maximus for example started by only playing Dream Theater stuff for example) is fine. Making a career of it with no intention of ever creating original material is something I simply don't understand at all. What is the point of being a 2nd or 3d best version of another band?

Slayer started as a tribute band as well, playing Iron Maiden and Judas Priest songs live.
----
"Fire... walk with me."
01.01.2018 - 06:48
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
Written by VIG on 31.12.2017 at 16:46

Written by Metren on 31.12.2017 at 16:34

Slayer started as a tribute band as well, playing Iron Maiden and Judas Priest songs live.

Then they become original and made a name of themselves.
----
01.01.2018 - 13:28
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS
To me tribute bands always seemed the idea of those people mildly interested in playing instruments who just want to do a jam band to see if they can play together with other people and then after 4 months or so they disband... It also almost always seems to be the case.
I don't take those very seriously
----
01.01.2018 - 15:10
Zaph
The Nothingth
I don't think there's anything wrong with playing in a cover or tribute band. I understand the feeling of just wanting to play live music with friends and having fun without having to put in all the work of writing/recording your own music. I would never be satisfied with it myself but I do understand it.
01.01.2018 - 16:46
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.01.2018 at 06:48

Yeah, we all know that
----
"Fire... walk with me."
01.01.2018 - 18:07
Metren
The Doom Noob
Written by VIG on 01.01.2018 at 16:46

Yeah, we all know that

Something about your dry short to the point reply made me laugh my ass off.
----
01.01.2018 - 20:01
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Metren on 01.01.2018 at 18:07

Yeah, we all know that

Well he is just pointing out the obvious.
----
"Fire... walk with me."
02.01.2018 - 11:33
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
Written by VIG on 01.01.2018 at 20:01

Written by Metren on 01.01.2018 at 18:07

Yeah, we all know that

Well he is just pointing out the obvious.

You reminded me of this.
----