The Pub

Original post

Posted by Ilham, 06.05.2015 - 19:02
Written by deadone on 05.05.2015 at 07:26

Noticed that Ilham has been quiet of late. Even old Lit has been quiet.

Haha I'm sorry, I just forgot, I've neglected my inbox in general, not you, you'll have an answer soon. Kind just got sick of the every day MS thing and changed up the way my days go, got myself a couple of minor clients, and been dedicated to working out a lot. I also started going to bed much earlier and going back to reading instead of forum spamming. But I'm sure I'll get depressed soon enough, drop all my efforts and go back here haha.
18.12.2017 - 21:14
Metren
The Doom Noob
This month I got something of a black metal poisoning from listening to nothing but. Have been listening to Tool and Devin instead for a few weeks now and I suddenly feel like creating progressive or alt rock or metal now instead of writing for Dreadrealm. Man, I am one inconsistent mofo...
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
26.12.2017 - 16:00
Bad English
Masterchief
In Porjus, Sweden we have midnight sun from 2th june till mid july, Sun never sets, but why in winter there are no polar darkness? Even in Vietas where midnight sun are more longer , polar night is 7 days, same in Kiruna, Soppero? Why I thought it must be same as light as dark, equal days? why its that?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.12.2017 - 03:54
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Here is a random topic I wanted to discuss here: What do y'all think of tribute bands? I personally don't really like the idea, but I wanted to know some other metalstormers thoughts on the subject.
27.12.2017 - 15:12
Bad English
Masterchief
Yvesson hand working shit
6 yars ago I was living at mothers house and there was from nobember till match -25¤c to -35¤c every day and we need use fire woods 20h per day to get 17¤C inside. No electricity does the heating and we still cant get more as 17 if its so cold, its for all of people here but diferemnce is you don't need be at home to heat, it does electricity, you can be out, work, drive snow scooter
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.12.2017 - 23:47
Übermensch242
Written by VIG on 27.12.2017 at 03:54

Here is a random topic I wanted to discuss here: What do y'all think of tribute bands? I personally don't really like the idea, but I wanted to know some other metalstormers thoughts on the subject.

It's not something which I care for personally. Tribute bands usually never tend to make it beyond the bar/night club.......and they shouldn't because it wouldn't be right to be a sort of main-stage band while at the same time riding on the coat tails of one single band......
----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
31.12.2017 - 16:34
Metren
The Doom Noob
Written by VIG on 27.12.2017 at 03:54

I think that starting out as a tribute band (I believe Circus Maximus for example started by only playing Dream Theater stuff for example) is fine. Making a career of it with no intention of ever creating original material is something I simply don't understand at all. What is the point of being a 2nd or 3d best version of another band?

Off-topic:

As 2017 ends tonight, I think we should all applaud Whitney Houston for being drug-free for six years. Well done, clearly Houston hasn't got a problem.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
31.12.2017 - 16:46
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Metren on 31.12.2017 at 16:34

I think that starting out as a tribute band (I believe Circus Maximus for example started by only playing Dream Theater stuff for example) is fine. Making a career of it with no intention of ever creating original material is something I simply don't understand at all. What is the point of being a 2nd or 3d best version of another band?

Slayer started as a tribute band as well, playing Iron Maiden and Judas Priest songs live.
01.01.2018 - 06:48
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
Written by VIG on 31.12.2017 at 16:46

Written by Metren on 31.12.2017 at 16:34

Slayer started as a tribute band as well, playing Iron Maiden and Judas Priest songs live.

Then they become original and made a name of themselves.
----
01.01.2018 - 13:28
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS
To me tribute bands always seemed the idea of those people mildly interested in playing instruments who just want to do a jam band to see if they can play together with other people and then after 4 months or so they disband... It also almost always seems to be the case.
I don't take those very seriously
----
01.01.2018 - 15:10
Zaph
The Nothingth
I don't think there's anything wrong with playing in a cover or tribute band. I understand the feeling of just wanting to play live music with friends and having fun without having to put in all the work of writing/recording your own music. I would never be satisfied with it myself but I do understand it.
01.01.2018 - 16:46
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.01.2018 at 06:48

Yeah, we all know that
01.01.2018 - 18:07
Metren
The Doom Noob
Written by VIG on 01.01.2018 at 16:46

Yeah, we all know that

Something about your dry short to the point reply made me laugh my ass off.
----
01.01.2018 - 20:01
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Metren on 01.01.2018 at 18:07

Yeah, we all know that

Well he is just pointing out the obvious.
02.01.2018 - 11:33
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
Written by VIG on 01.01.2018 at 20:01

Written by Metren on 01.01.2018 at 18:07

Yeah, we all know that

Well he is just pointing out the obvious.

You reminded me of this.
----
02.01.2018 - 13:35
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.01.2018 at 11:33

You reminded me of this.

I almost said "Thanks captain obvious" when you wrote the original quote about Slayer, but instead I said "Yeah, we all know that"
02.01.2018 - 21:14
Metren
The Doom Noob
Written by VIG on 02.01.2018 at 13:35

I almost said "Thanks captain obvious" when you wrote the original quote about Slayer, but instead I said "Yeah, we all know that"

You chose the right words. Had you called Cynic "captain obvious", he could've come back with "sergeant sarcasm" or something like that.
----
02.01.2018 - 21:47
VIG
Esoteric Zachism
Written by Metren on 02.01.2018 at 21:14

You chose the right words. Had you called Cynic "captain obvious", he could've come back with "sergeant sarcasm" or something like that.

Or he would've got really mad.
06.01.2018 - 13:06
Metren
The Doom Noob
Three days ago, I auditioned for a voice-acting role in a Final Fantasy VIII fandub, just for a goof. Now I look at the auditions on the Casting Call Club site, and I am the clear leader when it comes to upvotes from users. That doesn't mean that the project's director will choose me, but it is surprising nonetheless. What makes it extra weird is that the only available role was that of Irvine and I don't sound anything like the guy should imo. I'd make an excellent Squall, angsty, bored, indifferent and... emoish. We'll see how it goes. Deadline is the 8th and then they director will make their choice.
----
28.01.2018 - 15:20
ANGEL REAPER
Oh boy, I've took a look at my profile and it turns out i am MS member for 10 years! Time does flies...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
14.02.2018 - 04:51
Kennoth
Yeah, tell me about it. Almost eight years myself. And little has changed.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
14.02.2018 - 18:59
Brotherhood4Ever
13 years since 2005
15.02.2018 - 09:18
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
I registered as 18,955th member of Metal Storm and completing 8 years now.
----
15.02.2018 - 21:38
Metren
The Doom Noob
You know what sucks? Not having people to bounce your ideas off of as a musician. 0 people, who listen to doom or atmoblack on my FB friends list... :-/

For example, I came up with a riff today that sounds a bit like Black Sabbath meets J.S. Bach. Is it good? Is it awful? Is it too derivative? I can't tell, as the author, I am both too narcissistic and too critical at the same time.
----
21.02.2018 - 04:00
Übermensch242
A late birthday present I received. It's fucking sweet:

----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
23.02.2018 - 14:11
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS
So it turns out Rapidgator and Turbobit will always start a download, then slowly decrease download speed until stop and display "internet error"? I've been experiencing this for quite a while.
It's probably not my internet conenction because everything else seems to load just fine...

Anyone else has this problem?
----
27.02.2018 - 21:27
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Karlabos on 23.02.2018 at 14:11

So it turns out Rapidgator and Turbobit will always start a download, then slowly decrease download speed until stop and display "internet error"? I've been experiencing this for quite a while.
It's probably not my internet conenction because everything else seems to load just fine...

Anyone else has this problem?

Stop being a pirate then.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.02.2018 - 22:03
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 27.02.2018 at 21:27

Stop being a pirate

Well that's a bit of an extreme solution
----
05.03.2018 - 05:56
Kennoth
I admit of pirating most of my library as well, but at least I have a common sense enough not to advertise it online.

And yes, I know my post can be seen as ironic.
----
05.03.2018 - 14:19
Karlabos
Weirdo of MS
Well for once you could say I didn't exactly say I was pirating in my post, I just said I was trying to download something. It could be something completely legal :yeahright:
But then again I also had blatantly admitted I pirated stuff in this forum before so...

In my country there (still) are no big restrictions when it comes to piracy so there is no problem in admitting it online.
----
06.03.2018 - 00:27
Kennoth
My country is very liberal about it as well. I also have no moral qualms about it as I am piss poor, and buying a fuckton of albums is a luxury I can't afford. I do try to support the artists with merch and concert tickets whenever I can though.
----