Metal Storm logo
Pick-up Artists / the Seduction Community

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 23.08.2011 - 15:46
In this day and age young guys are being fed conflicting information as to what works when pursuing girls: on one hand you have the action heroes like Indiana Jones, Rocky, Han Solo or James Bond types who are always successfull at getting women by being handsome, powerful, sly and in control all the time, and then on the other hand you have the nice guys who manage to find the right girl like in Juno, Harold and Kumar, Sex Drive, Superbad and countless other "teen comedies", who mostly succeed by being gentle, nice and caring for the female they want.

many guys try to apply the second standard in real life as it feels more normal, their moms and sisters indoctrinate them with it in some cases, and then feel betrayed and disillusioned when they see the girl either friend-zoning them or just rejecting them and going for the first guy in the first category they find. the former nice guys, driven to despair, turn mysoginistic and start to seek ways to break this spell and so many join the Seduction Community in order to learn scientific and psychological techniques to manipulate women into sleeping with them, turning the mating ritual into a systematic drive to increase the number of women who passed through their beds. now if their "field reports" are to be believed (the level to which they take this stuff seriously is mindblowing) these guys are sometimes much better at getting girls for one-night stands than the natural "players".

seeing as there are no such groups around here, 99% of them being in the USA, i know all this from e-books on the web, and i gotta say some of the stuff there has helped me develop my current opinions and views on relationships and women in general. then again, what the big guru's advocate is pretty much to take it to extremes and memorize all kinds of patterns, conversation openers, and to adjust body language and neuro-linguistic cues to the situation, pay subscriptions, participate in seminars, and whatnot, which imo is simply overkill when, with the right attitude(and they mostly DO teach the right attitude) one of them could easily just find a girlfriend and be done with it if a mate is what you're looking for. then again, some might be driven to sleep with as many women as possible in order to have their own "revenge" on women for a very long string of rejections or being mistreated by the women in their childhood, etc. I myself have learned a lot from this kind of material, but then again i don't apply techniques or write field reports as imo it's taking something as natural as mate selection way too seriously for its own good and takes all the fun out of it.

so, do we have any people who are actually into this society here? anyone went on one of their "boot camps"? what do the girls on here think of these guys? discuss.
24.08.2011 - 16:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Himann on 24.08.2011 at 15:57

Written by Angelic Storm on 24.08.2011 at 10:23

It's safe to say the chat up lines mentioned above would not work on any woman looking for a serious, long term relationship.

Disagree. Women amake decisions based on their emotions quite a bit and if the guy uses the right lines and depicts the right kind of personality, the woman can well be interested.

women might do that, but she was talking specifically about the ones mentioned in this thread, which we can all agree are hilariously bad and would only work if the woman is already extremely horny and attracted to the guy, and disregards stupidity/obvious drunkenness.
24.08.2011 - 17:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 24.08.2011 at 16:53
women might do that, but she was talking specifically about the ones mentioned in this thread, which we can all agree are hilariously bad and would only work if the woman is already extremely horny and attracted to the guy, and disregards stupidity/obvious drunkenness.

Yep, I was meaning the terrible ones mentioned in this thread... haha Women (at least in the main) who are looking for a serious long term relationship with a guy, would unlikely be swayed by a chat up line hinting the guy is only looking for sex. Unless as Valentin stated, she was drunk, or was stupid and misread the guys' intentions as being more honourable than they actually were. Even if I was into a guy, if he came across as only wanting sex, I wouldn't be interested in doing anything with him. Hence why I think the awful lines mentioned in this thread generally (that is the important word here) wont work on a woman, unless sex is all she wants.
24.08.2011 - 20:34
Qube

"If I ask you for sex, will you give me the same answer as the answer to this question?"... and enjoy the confusion.
24.08.2011 - 20:52
Roro

I don't think any man needs such organizations or coaches to trick women
24.08.2011 - 21:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Roro on 24.08.2011 at 20:52

I don't think any man needs such organizations or coaches to trick women

maybe according to traditional Egyptian views on the role of the male, it's quite a different situation (see the Feminism thread) in more westernized cultures..

but then again according to muslim tradition a man can't have a one night stand with a girl, so i guess they could use these guys' help too
25.08.2011 - 00:41
Roro

Written by Valentin B on 24.08.2011 at 21:24

but then again according to muslim tradition a man can't have a one night stand with a girl, so i guess they could use these guys' help too

well, theoretically they cant. but in the real world they can do anything they want
and i have to admit that most of women are naive by natural lol they rush to believe anything from anyone. they CHOOSE to believe

do u know such organizations for women ?
25.08.2011 - 01:51
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Roro on 25.08.2011 at 00:41

do u know such organizations for women ?

As a matter of fact I do. Unfortunately it's in German. We have three huge forums related to this subject here in Germany, two for pick-up artists, one for "pick-up cats", the latter aiming to exchange methods "how to seduce and bind your dream man."

As I'm a big fan of biologistic reductionism I find the concept of reducing male-female interaction to a set of defined behavioral patterns highly fascinating. Mastering stuff like rhethorics, e.g. Push & Pull as the precise placement of indicators of interest and desinterest (IOI and IOD respectively) in an approach, body language, kinesthetics and neuro-linguistic programming, i.e. the so-called "outer game", and improving one's understanding of psychology and learning to boost one's self-esteem and confidence, i.e. the "inner game", in order to overcome one's own shyness and anxiety is something I also tend to recommend to desperate male friends. Well, I give them the links to the forums really because I'm not all that familiar with these concepts myself and have only scratched on the surface so far. But as a friend of mine is a 27-year-old virgin I guess I'll have to read up on all this stuff for real this time in order to become a proper wingman. Unfortunately many people in this community seem to have mischievous motives for their behaviour, either because they want to lay as many girls as possible without giving a damn about their feelings or because they have been rejected too often, so that they feel like they can take some kind of revenge after learning this craft.

So yeah, I'm superficially familiar with the concept and the community, but haven't really engaged in such activities myself.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
25.08.2011 - 10:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Promonex on 25.08.2011 at 01:51

As I'm a big fan of biologistic reductionism I find the concept of reducing male-female interaction to a set of defined behavioral patterns highly fascinating. Mastering stuff like rhethorics, e.g. Push & Pull as the precise placement of indicators of interest and desinterest (IOI and IOD respectively) in an approach, body language

imo body language is the most important, being able to understand what is going on is really one of the best tools you could ask for. it's also ridiculously easy, and it works in a very surprising way: once i determined that a girl i was interested in was not actually interested in me, i stopped feeling attracted to her in any way.

then again, there's still the rest of the outer game and the inner game to work on.
25.08.2011 - 11:24
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Have to say this is an interesting concept and after reading Promonex's post I'm curious about some of the methods used. Is there some forum or something which we can take a look at?
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
25.08.2011 - 11:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Himann on 25.08.2011 at 11:24

Have to say this is an interesting concept and after reading Promonex's post I'm curious about some of the methods used. Is there some forum or something which we can take a look at?

there are literally hundreds of them.. the concept is insanely popular in the USA as far as i know.. there are also tons of video tutorials and e-books on the web, last one i noticed was something like "Flawless Natural"
25.08.2011 - 13:24
Roro

This is shocking! and scary as well :/
hey valentin, would u send me some of that body language guide sites? i started to date and i need to know be familiar with such tricks :p
25.08.2011 - 14:20
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Valentin B on 25.08.2011 at 10:09

Written by Promonex on 25.08.2011 at 01:51

As I'm a big fan of biologistic reductionism I find the concept of reducing male-female interaction to a set of defined behavioral patterns highly fascinating. Mastering stuff like rhethorics, e.g. Push & Pull as the precise placement of indicators of interest and desinterest (IOI and IOD respectively) in an approach, body language

imo body language is the most important, being able to understand what is going on is really one of the best tools you could ask for. it's also ridiculously easy, and it works in a very surprising way: once i determined that a girl i was interested in was not actually interested in me, i stopped feeling attracted to her in any way.

then again, there's still the rest of the outer game and the inner game to work on.

So have you applied these techniques already? Any field reports to share?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
25.08.2011 - 15:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Promonex on 25.08.2011 at 14:20

So have you applied these techniques already? Any field reports to share?

as i said in the original post, no. i also find it interesting from a psychosociophilosophical point of view but that's kinda it.
25.08.2011 - 15:38
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by Guest on 24.08.2011 at 01:40

Babe, you've got 206 bones in your body.... Want another one?

I nearly died laughing at this .
25.08.2011 - 15:57
JD
Account deleted
"Hey babe, maybe I don't have lamborghini, but you can ride my limber wieney."
25.08.2011 - 17:13
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
I'm thinking of giving this a try, just experimentally, to see if any girl goes for it :

25.08.2011 - 17:17
Yavanna

Written by Guest on 25.08.2011 at 17:13

I'm thinking of giving this a try, just experimentally, to see if any girl goes for it :

What do you expect gaining whit that?
P.S: don't try to be like the guy of the picture
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
25.08.2011 - 17:23
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Written by Yavanna on 25.08.2011 at 17:17

What do you expect gaining whit that?

to gain awesomeness of course...

Trust me I am far from Barney. I would get nothing but ridicule. If a girl has a sense of humor I'm sure she would pick up on the joke.
25.08.2011 - 18:23
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I think there should also be a "how to deal with silly pick-up artists" type of community, where they teach witty responses to crappy pick-up lines, you know? "Just because you compliment my clothes does not mean they're coming off" or something.
25.08.2011 - 20:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Yavanna on 25.08.2011 at 17:17

If he does... he will be gay. (That actor is gay btw which makes it extremely funny considering the character from HIMYM)
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.08.2011 - 23:18
Roro

But i love Barney .. i guess i like the kind of personality
26.08.2011 - 08:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 25.08.2011 at 18:23

I think there should also be a "how to deal with silly pick-up artists" type of community, where they teach witty responses to crappy pick-up lines, you know? "Just because you compliment my clothes does not mean they're coming off" or something.

you seem to be a natural at this... no doubt you hear many lame pick-up lines when going out
26.08.2011 - 10:25
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 26.08.2011 at 08:16

Written by Guest on 25.08.2011 at 18:23

you seem to be a natural at this... no doubt you hear many lame pick-up lines when going out

You gotta be careful here in Estonia, man. Every other person that hits on you has AIDS. Speaking of that, here's a good pick-up line: "If you're sisters are as hot as you are, then I can understand why AIDS is spreading so fast!"
26.08.2011 - 19:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Why waste effort when you can just easily pick up the slightly-below-average chick at the local bar?