Metal Storm logo
Favorite Iced Earth Album Closer

Poll

What is your favorite album closing Iced Earth song/trilogy?

Dante's Inferno
Something Wicked
Travel In Stygian
Gattysburg (1863)
The Suffering
The Phantom Opera Ghost
When The Night Falls

Total votes: 46
01.10.2006 - 21:55
spirit_inblack
harshhead
This is a thread about my second favorite band, Iced Earth. Iced Earth have always ended their albums on an epic scale and it would be interesting to see which epic Iced Earth fans like the best. I enjoy all of these songs.trilogies, but I like early Iced Earth the best, so, therefore, I am going to have to go with Dante's Inferno. It's easily the best song ever written. Perfect lyrics, perfect epic sound, great riffs, and some of metal's best vocals make up this masterpiece. Barlow sings with so much emotion and pain in his voice that it is unbelievable.
Explain your votes please, and thank you for your contribution towards this thread.
01.10.2006 - 22:23
Mega-Slayer

"Travel In Stygian" without a doubt is my choice,it contains the best vocalist of Iced Earth,John Greely and the opening riff kick ass and the chorus is very captivating.The solo of course is excellent very melodic and it tops it off with an awesome and elegant piano outro.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
01.10.2006 - 23:47
spirit_inblack
harshhead
@Mega-Slayer Killer avatar man!
02.10.2006 - 03:28
Mega-Slayer

Written by spirit_inblack on 01.10.2006 at 23:47

@Mega-Slayer Killer avatar man!

Thanks,I cant take all the credit,I took it from a death forum.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
02.10.2006 - 21:41
spirit_inblack
harshhead
my avatar would have been better if I would have drawn it myself, but I'm not that talented at drawing
03.10.2006 - 08:41
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Nothing can beat the Something Wicked Triolgy, the riffs are IE's best and the story is cool.

You have a large error, and it must be because you are a downloader, and that is The Suffering for two reasons.
1. Its called 'The Suffering Scarred' and 2. It is track 8/10.

The song you should be looking for is infact 'A Question Of Heaven', which indeed is the most epic song on the album.

I suggest you lock and restart unless someone can fix.
04.10.2006 - 19:48
Hellish Star

"Dante's Inferno" or how perfect a metal song can be....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
04.10.2006 - 20:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for ''Something Wicked'' because ''Birth Of The Wicked'' are all time my fav Iced Earth track and its so amzing . but I love also ewery song what here are next maybe can be ''When The Night Falls' because its my fn Iced Earth album, no firts 2 are special + Alive in Atenas and song ''Birth Of The Wicked''
''Travel In Stygian'' are great song too,
''Dante's Inferno'' AND ''The Suffering'' are good songs but nothing special,
''The Phantom Opera Ghost'' to ''Gattysburg (1863) ''

So top3 are

''Something Wicked''
''When Night Falls''
''Traveling in Stygian''
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2006 - 23:47
Dam3k

When the night falls closely followed by Dante's Inferno, any song of this band is a masterpiece though... so wtf =) really love them, but the 2 starting mins of When the night falls pwn me =)
----

06.10.2006 - 10:51
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
nothing beats something wicked I can't stop listening to it........especially the coming curse piano intro
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
10.10.2006 - 18:09
?Bodomchild?

Something Wicked !! no doubt
----
asd
26.10.2006 - 20:16
barryjones335
Account deleted
WHAT? what about question of heaven? thats totally the best
28.10.2006 - 12:50
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
@barryjones335: in the "The Suffering" Imo the only good song is A Question Of Heaven and so u can't compare it to Something Wicked
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
28.10.2006 - 22:24
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Guest on 26.10.2006 at 20:16

WHAT? what about question of heaven? thats totally the best

A Question Of Heaven is part of "The Suffering" trilogy, that's the second time i've said that in this thread.
30.10.2006 - 23:18
Dam3k

Owned by spirt_inblack^^
----

31.10.2006 - 05:31
MUSIC?
Account deleted
Not only is Dante's Inferno the THE album closer, it is THE Iced Earth song. THE with a capital THE.

THE.
09.03.2007 - 12:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i voted for travel in stygian, as it contains one of the best possible closings(rrrrridiing on the hot winds of heeell), although it would have totally owned our asses if they cut out the last chorus and put it somewhere else.. anyway it's fantastic as is, with the brilliant piano outro. dante's inferno really deserves the second spot, but it's just too over-the-top. they just threw the kitchen sink in!
also the coming curse ends the album in a tragic, epic style.
13.03.2007 - 03:30
Bitch Boy

I like the Phantom Opera Ghost, especially because of the lyrics. Dante's Inferno comes second.
24.03.2007 - 03:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
The Suffering. Because it closes "The Dark Saga", my favorite IE album.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
24.03.2007 - 14:09
Anathemani@c

To tell the truth I never liked studio Iced Earth alboums. I mostly prefer Alive in Athens. A triple alboum with all their musical history, covered from the bast frontman the band could ever have. Also, the songs are becoming alive in that concert. Mat sings with his soul! And the greeks give the songs life! Great live alboum!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
19.08.2009 - 12:38
Razorback

Something Wicked kick ass,then Dante's Inferno.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
10.10.2009 - 06:17
ToMegaTherion

The Suffering has always been a favorite, A Question of Heaven is still amongst my favorite IE songs. But Dantes Inferno and Something wicked are also great songs, same with Travel in Stygian, but my favorite version is the live version on Athens.
19.01.2010 - 21:24
thewall30

I just had to go with Dante's Inferno, that song is just so epic... I also really like A Question Of Heaven.
----
20.02.2010 - 09:42
Gobobbles
Account deleted
toss up for me, while Dante's Inferno is my all time fav song, The Coming Curse (Something Wicked) has my all time fav riff
20.02.2010 - 09:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
This is an incredibly hard question for me to answer, as Iced Earth have closed every single one of their albums with amazing songs. Even their worst album "The Crucible Of Man" ends with the double whammy of "Divide/Devour" and "Come What May" which almost erases the knowledge that most of the rest of the album is dull!

Gah, I dont think I can choose!
03.07.2010 - 00:12
Sulac

Gettysburg. Anything symphonic just kicks bahookie.