Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

Original post

Posted by BitterCOld, 24.08.2011 - 20:00
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
01.05.2013 - 17:09
D.T. Metal
Staff
Written by Sangre Sani on 01.05.2013 at 14:47

Written by D.T. Metal on 01.05.2013 at 00:30

Written by Sangre Sani on 28.04.2013 at 21:06

Bumping my Tapatalk support request. I work as a graphic designer in Poland and I'm fuckin' bored at work. I need to browse and post on MetalStorm via Tapatalk on smarphone. It's 200% more comfortable than via web browser.

Sorry to hear that you are bored at work, but kudos that you prioritize and browse MS during that time. Unfortunately Tapatalk is not in the cards for the foreseeable future. If it becomes available we will make a post about it. Sorry dude.

Why isn't it available? Is the engine of the forum different from supported ones?

To end this conversation, let's put it this way - as soon as it is available you will be the FIRST to know.
01.05.2013 - 20:32
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite

Why isn't it available? Is the engine of the forum different from supported ones?

The engine is 100% custom, which means the Tapatalk support has to be coded pretty much from scratch.
03.05.2013 - 22:46
Sangre Sani
Written by Ivan on 01.05.2013 at 20:32

The engine is 100% custom, which means the Tapatalk support has to be coded pretty much from scratch.

Ok, I see.
I checked and one can make a tapatalk plugin for his own board in XML, using tapatalk's API. So you need someone who knows XML.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.
06.05.2013 - 18:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
It'd be cool if there was a section in our collection where we can add the purchase price of albums.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.05.2013 - 19:03
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.05.2013 at 18:27

It'd be cool if there was a section in our collection where we can add the purchase price of albums.

There is. It's called Additional info. When you edit your collection, there is a section for additional info where you can list anything you want about that album. Whether it be price or if it was your first metal album or the album you lost your virginity to, no rules on what can or cannot be put in that field.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

06.05.2013 - 19:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about when user send actiation req, there will be window to write in why this band shood eb activated

Spyvo rejected one band where wa sno bio, and links

I fill in bio and send a req.... it would be nice, then I could write

I add bio and band ha sno offical links

it would be easier to sfatters to see thinks
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.05.2013 - 19:30
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by psykometal on 06.05.2013 at 19:03

Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.05.2013 at 18:27

There is. It's called Additional info. When you edit your collection, there is a section for additional info where you can list anything you want about that album. Whether it be price or if it was your first metal album or the album you lost your virginity to, no rules on what can or cannot be put in that field.

I know, it'd be cool if there was a separate spot for it though.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.05.2013 - 21:28
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 06.05.2013 at 19:30

I know, it'd be cool if there was a separate spot for it though.

Completely unnecessary, since that kind of info is considered miscellaneous/random/additional info, to make a separate field just for that when it can be easily included in the additional info field (which is exactly what the additional info field exists for).
----

19.05.2013 - 21:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
What about a separate classifieds, tradelist sub-forum?
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.05.2013 - 18:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.05.2013 at 18:13

Similar Albums would be cool. Many times the current Similar Bands is way too vast mishmash collection of predictable bands. Perhaps the Similar Albums feature might be seen on the album thread, somewhere.

and who will add simmilar albums?
----

apos;'
[image]
25.05.2013 - 18:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.05.2013 at 18:25

Written by Bad English on 25.05.2013 at 18:22

and who will add simmilar albums?

Everyone. If it gets too messy for some reason then it could be restricted, but I don't think that would happen.

MS album adds , eddits and whole video whatever those who we need check....many ppl make errors even whit perms edd whit out staff check
like no caps rule wrong code, B song, L version, cover song
Iron maiden DVD psyko delited it like 20 times same what was re relises, so

Such idea is good, but how to realize itw hit out fuck ups is harder
----

apos;'
[image]
25.05.2013 - 18:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.05.2013 at 18:38

Written by Bad English on 25.05.2013 at 18:31

Such idea is good, but how to realize itw hit out fuck ups is harder

1] Go to this page: http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=490

I get how it wotks, but bands are one, albums are another think , much harder and you can add much more then bands
----

apos;'
[image]
25.05.2013 - 19:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 25.05.2013 at 18:44

Adding similar albums is much more easy for me.

For you who have hear a lot, yes but rest of user ....
----

apos;'
[image]
08.06.2013 - 20:17
R Lewis
I don't know if this has already been asked before, if it's been, I'm sorry. It seems to me that the comment in the Shoutbox can be updated only reloading the page, which is pretty comfortless. Isn't it possible to make the Shoutbox "self-update"?
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
08.06.2013 - 21:33
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by R Lewis on 08.06.2013 at 20:17

I don't know if this has already been asked before, if it's been, I'm sorry. It seems to me that the comment in the Shoutbox can be updated only reloading the page, which is pretty comfortless. Isn't it possible to make the Shoutbox "self-update"?

I asked about this a while back (long ago when I was still a user) and I can't recall what the answer was but you don't have to reload the page, if you just click the Submit button without anything written that will refresh just the SB without refreshing the entire page.
----

09.06.2013 - 10:26
R Lewis
Written by psykometal on 08.06.2013 at 21:33

I asked about this a while back (long ago when I was still a user) and I can't recall what the answer was but you don't have to reload the page, if you just click the Submit button without anything written that will refresh just the SB without refreshing the entire page.

Well, OK, that's way more comfortable. Thanks!
----
14.06.2013 - 03:10
theFIST
What about removing the myspace player from the album pages?
since the redesign it is position: fixed in the top left corner of the screen and doesn"t allow for playing music without being logged in
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
14.06.2013 - 06:44
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by theFIST on 14.06.2013 at 03:10

What about removing the myspace player from the album pages?
since the redesign it is position: fixed in the top left corner of the screen and doesn"t allow for playing music without being logged in

The new MySpace redesign IS fuckin' lame. Lol. Didn't know the player required being logged in though. I'll run it up the ladder.
----

16.06.2013 - 19:09
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Ok guys, MySpace has been replaced with Bandcamp now. Have fun editing!
----

19.06.2013 - 15:06
theFIST
Written by psykometal on 16.06.2013 at 19:09

Ok guys, MySpace has been replaced with Bandcamp now. Have fun editing!

thank you
that is a great change
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
22.06.2013 - 01:04
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
^Correct. We use "DVD" for any video release; even all VHS releases on MS are labelled as "DVD". You can also include in the Additional info, for video releases, which all formats it is released in (i.e. "Released on DVD and Blu-ray"). And for the purposes of your Collection, there is an Additional info field where you can indicate if you bought the DVD or Blu-ray version of the release.

As for the set list idea you can either create Lists for that sort of thing, like RA suggested, or you can submit an edit to add the set list to the Additional info section of the specific event you attended (if you feel so compelled).
----

22.06.2013 - 01:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We also use demo for live demo, EP for live EP, EP oir CD for split , CD goes for tape in case any of 1th albums was relised only on tape or cassete ,
----

apos;'
[image]
02.07.2013 - 00:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I don't know if this has been mentioned here or not. Ever considered down and up voting on comments like IGN? Or some way to show appreciation of a comment like a ' like' button a la facebook. Sure it's a little retarded and makes people lazy to communicate, a re-working of the site format....... You know what, probably not the greatest of ideas when i go into it like that but consider considering something vaguely like that to say, "hey, nice one"
----
Coldgrits
08.07.2013 - 15:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 02.07.2013 at 00:35

I don't know if this has been mentioned here or not. Ever considered down and up voting on comments like IGN? Or some way to show appreciation of a comment like a ' like' button a la facebook. Sure it's a little retarded and makes people lazy to communicate, a re-working of the site format....... You know what, probably not the greatest of ideas when i go into it like that but consider considering something vaguely like that to say, "hey, nice one"

we used to have that feature where you could award a "+" to a comment and all the plusses were tallied tot he user's profile. I think we also had "-" but not sure on that one. But it was done away with because some people were clearly "+"hunting when commenting and others were abusing the system.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.07.2013 - 20:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 08.07.2013 at 18:01

Upcoming releases

There could be these...

Near future (example: Dornenreich - Freiheit)

Far future (example: Necrophagia - Whiteworm Cathedral)

...instead of some of those 'it's coming' -December releases.

well I prtefere date, because no date all fan boys and gals, will add it in colletion , I prefere dat
or same way when we have line up we can mark inexact
like when itys out we click relise, something
----

apos;'
[image]
08.07.2013 - 20:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about some extra unvisible forum for guys whit extra perms
like when we do accepting, for example BAND and I need go I can say there

''extra perm dudes, user Marcel HELP or whatever, is doung BAND eddit he is using nick name for example ''driller' but we have John Example, and John ''Driller'' Example is his name whit nick name, please be cariful whi nick names and dublicatons etc

it would be useful
----

apos;'
[image]
08.07.2013 - 21:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 08.07.2013 at 21:07

"will add in collection" - Future releases would have the unreleased buttons.

"we can mark inexact" - You can't see such edit when browsing the upcoming albums.

Future releases would always be the last albums on the upcoming releases page, and December XXXX would actually mean that the album in question is scheduled to be released then.

That's why we just put "December 2013", with not specific date. That is to indicate that the release is still TBA.
----

10.07.2013 - 14:00
R Lewis
Someone else surely already asked this, but... Wouldn't it be possible to make the album pics "enlargeable"? 'Cuz they're a bit small for anyone who's interested in them (yeah, you can search'em through Google Images, but it's not the same thing)
----
10.07.2013 - 14:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R Lewis on 10.07.2013 at 14:00

Someone else surely already asked this, but... Wouldn't it be possible to make the album pics "enlargeable"? 'Cuz they're a bit small for anyone who's interested in them (yeah, you can search'em through Google Images, but it's not the same thing)

IMO we had such quastion some years ago, then IMO ansver was no because free space on server
----

apos;'
[image]
11.07.2013 - 23:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 11.07.2013 at 21:32

The interview images could be a bit larger. It's too easy to miss/forget interesting interviews at the moment. *now checking out Havok interview, which I forgot, and after that Huntress interview, which I barely noticed*

Emure int at front page, befire open it I thought its Eminem
----

apos;'
[image]