Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

Original post

Posted by BitterCOld, 24.08.2011 - 20:00
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
12.07.2013 - 17:29
D.T. Metal
staff
Written by Guest on 11.07.2013 at 21:32

The interview images could be a bit larger. It's too easy to miss/forget interesting interviews at the moment. *now checking out Havok interview, which I forgot, and after that Huntress interview, which I barely noticed*

It's a set size for all of the interview pictures on the front page. Maybe do the RSS feed for the interview page so you don't miss out.
Written by Bad English on 11.07.2013 at 23:27

Emure int at front page, befire open it I thought its Eminem

LOL - well if you want me to interview "Slim Shady" - I can do that
12.07.2013 - 19:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by D.T. Metal on 12.07.2013 at 17:29

April Fool's 2014?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

12.07.2013 - 19:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by psykometal on 12.07.2013 at 19:00

Written by D.T. Metal on 12.07.2013 at 17:29

April Fool's 2014?

you ruined big suprise
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.08.2013 - 14:27
R Lewis
What about UBB codes in lists descriptions?
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
29.08.2013 - 10:29
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Any chance of a best song category in the MS awards next year? Leave No Cross Unturned is still the best song I've heard all year.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
21.09.2013 - 14:22
csiga
Munin
Any plan for ios metalstorm app?
----

i survived the lake bodom!
21.09.2013 - 14:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by csiga on 21.09.2013 at 14:22

Any plan for ios metalstorm app?

At this time there are no plans for either an Android or an iOS app for Metal Storm.
----

24.09.2013 - 16:14
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Both Blu-ray and VHS needs to be added to formats in the Collection.
----
THRASH!!!
24.09.2013 - 16:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DrunkenFuck on 24.09.2013 at 16:14

both are video, psykometal somewhere here post why it will not happen
we have DVD, we use it for video, same as we use CD for full lenght no metter if its cassete, tape or vinyl ,
scroll up psyko posts and there will be ansver
----

apos;'
[image]
24.09.2013 - 16:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DrunkenFuck on 24.09.2013 at 16:14

Written by psykometal on 22.06.2013 at 01:04

^Correct. We use "DVD" for any video release; even all VHS releases on MS are labelled as "DVD". You can also include in the Additional info, for video releases, which all formats it is released in (i.e. "Released on DVD and Blu-ray"). And for the purposes of your Collection, there is an Additional info field where you can indicate if you bought the DVD or Blu-ray version of the release.

As for the set list idea you can either create Lists for that sort of thing, like RA suggested, or you can submit an edit to add the set list to the Additional info section of the specific event you attended (if you feel so compelled).
----

apos;'
[image]
29.09.2013 - 15:49
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
It just seems as such a simple fix to add those types and formats. What's the big deal?
----
THRASH!!!
10.10.2013 - 09:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Another SB whiny user:

SB should have page 1, 2, 3, to 7 and after that it should have ">>" arrow to view further pages. It helps( like me) to go back at any page you want to.
10.10.2013 - 15:50
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.10.2013 at 09:29

Another SB whiny user:

SB should have page 1, 2, 3, to 7 and after that it should have ">>" arrow to view further pages. It helps( like me) to go back at any page you want to.

There are a limited # of pages to begin with, and how many pages you can go back is dependent on how many people have shouted in the last day or so.
----

10.10.2013 - 21:20
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by psykometal on 10.10.2013 at 15:50

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.10.2013 at 09:29

Another SB whiny user:

and how many pages you can go back is dependent on how many people have shouted in the last day or so.

Yes, but at least it should have an option to go back and see what people have shouted(especially if YOU were involved in). As in say, i'd have an interesting conversation with bunch of my buds out here and i have to leave, so there should be option to view back those pages next morning instead of viewing page one by one.
10.10.2013 - 21:35
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.10.2013 at 21:20

Yes, but at least it should have an option to go back and see what people have shouted(especially if YOU were involved in). As in say, i'd have an interesting conversation with bunch of my buds out here and i have to leave, so there should be option to view back those pages next morning instead of viewing page one by one.

We've all lived this long with one-at-a-time, I think we''ll continue to survive.
----

10.10.2013 - 22:24
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by psykometal on 10.10.2013 at 21:35

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.10.2013 at 21:20

We've all lived this long with one-at-a-time, I think we''ll continue to survive.

That's painful rebellion. I'm not thrusting upon to change SB's layout but it would have been "little" helpful.
21.10.2013 - 16:56
R Lewis
What about the chance of adding the lyrics videos? I mean, nowadays many of them are to be considered videos to all intents and purposes, see Tarja's latest. We could create a new category or simply put [Lyrics] at the end of the title (es. "Never Enough [Lyrics]")
I see as a waste this non-featuring of lyrics videos.
----
21.10.2013 - 17:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R Lewis on 21.10.2013 at 16:56

What about the chance of adding the lyrics videos? I mean, nowadays many of them are to be considered videos to all intents and purposes, see Tarja's latest. We could create a new category or simply put [Lyrics] at the end of the title (es. "Never Enough [Lyrics]")
I see as a waste this non-featuring of lyrics videos.

Hmmm I dunno, lyrical vids is made for new songs and well in that case self earned perm dudes what has a perms and stilll do all wrong can make a big mess out some video where are lyrics in video fan made and official lyrical videos ....
----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2013 - 18:06
R Lewis
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2013 at 17:14

Hmmm I dunno, lyrical vids is made for new songs and well in that case self earned perm dudes what has a perms and stilll do all wrong can make a big mess out some video where are lyrics in video fan made and official lyrical videos ....

Fan made videos and official ones are clearly distinguishable
----
21.10.2013 - 18:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R Lewis on 21.10.2013 at 18:06

Written by Bad English on 21.10.2013 at 17:14

Fan made videos and official ones are clearly distinguishable

say it to MS users
----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2013 - 18:21
R Lewis
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2013 at 18:08

say it to MS users

Maybe we could allow the adding of lyrics videos only to members with certain perms. To members we are sure check the videos before adding 'em
----
21.10.2013 - 18:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R Lewis on 21.10.2013 at 18:21

Written by Bad English on 21.10.2013 at 18:08

say it to MS users

Maybe we could allow the adding of lyrics videos only to members with certain perms. To members we are sure check the videos before adding 'em

even pemr dudes make it wrong, guy who has perms edd all whit out staff check add Paradise Lost video(what was only song , but there was video in title)
some perm guys still make it wrong accept, ignoreing caps and sources, codes (bonus, live etc) rule
many accept wrong, guy gets perms and he do it wrong
IMO we need 1000 points to get those perms, like it was when I get IMO 1000 com points total

if this option be avalible, IMo truested user like me or only staff should deal whit it
----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2013 - 18:54
R Lewis
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2013 at 18:27

even pemr dudes make it wrong, guy who has perms edd all whit out staff check add Paradise Lost video(what was only song , but there was video in title)
some perm guys still make it wrong accept, ignoreing caps and sources, codes (bonus, live etc) rule
IMO we need 1000 points to get those perms, like it was when I get IMO 1000 com points total

if this option be avalible, IMo truested user like me or only staff should deal whit it

I agree. But maybe we are talking about nothing, probably the Staff won't agree with this idea of mine
----
21.10.2013 - 19:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R Lewis on 21.10.2013 at 18:54

Written by Bad English on 21.10.2013 at 18:27

I agree. But maybe we are talking about nothing, probably the Staff won't agree with this idea of mine

I am 90% shore they wont and maybe server has no space for such updates?
----

apos;'
[image]
21.10.2013 - 19:21
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by R Lewis on 21.10.2013 at 18:54

lyric videos idea

I was opposed to the idea of it long ago, when lyric videos were a new thing, but since their popularity has grown so much, and 9 times out of 10 bands release lyric videos, as opposed to the more expensive music videos, I am not really opposed to it anymore. And since they are Official Videos, it's not exactly like we're adding bootlegs here.

I'll toss the idea around upstairs and we'll see what happens.
----

21.10.2013 - 19:43
R Lewis
Written by psykometal on 21.10.2013 at 19:21

I'll toss the idea around upstairs and we'll see what happens.

I knew I could rely on you
Anyway, let 'em decide. I don't wanna create problems, undue work or stuff like that. Just an opportunity
----
21.10.2013 - 19:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by R Lewis on 21.10.2013 at 19:43

[
Anyway, let 'em decide. I don't wanna create problems, undue work or stuff like that. Just an opportunity

let tehyw ork otherwise they are lazy
----

apos;'
[image]
03.11.2013 - 19:25
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but this is a tweak I would appreciate in the reviews main page. Would it be possible to add a filter to view the reviews by official reviews and guest reviews?
04.11.2013 - 21:51
D.T. Metal
staff
Written by Guest on 03.11.2013 at 19:25

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but this is a tweak I would appreciate in the reviews main page. Would it be possible to add a filter to view the reviews by official reviews and guest reviews?

Just wondering ... why would that be needed? When you click on a review it tells if it's a guest reviewer or not.
05.11.2013 - 00:31
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by D.T. Metal on 04.11.2013 at 21:51

Just wondering ... why would that be needed? When you click on a review it tells if it's a guest reviewer or not.

Click on it, exactly the problem. If I'm not in the mood to read guest reviews I have to waste time to click into a review, scroll down to see if it's a guest review, return to the last page, click into the next review, scroll down, surprise ... it's another guest review, and repeat. Tons of other pages on the site have filters, so I don't think it would be so difficult to add one here.