Metal Storm logo
Ideas and suggestions

Original post

Posted by BitterCOld, 24.08.2011 - 20:00
Post yer ideas, thoughts, and suggestions for the website here. thanks.
05.11.2013 - 20:34
D.T. Metal

Written by Guest on 05.11.2013 at 00:31

Click on it, exactly the problem. If I'm not in the mood to read guest reviews I have to waste time to click into a review, scroll down to see if it's a guest review, return to the last page, click into the next review, scroll down, surprise ... it's another guest review, and repeat. Tons of other pages on the site have filters, so I don't think it would be so difficult to add one here.

I got that, but just because its a guest review doesn't mean it's a bad review. We do read, and edit if needed, all guest reviews and some of them do provide the reader with a different view point of an album. All of the Staff reviewers started out as "guests" at one point or another so dismissing the guest input does not do them justice.
Don't want to argue the point and your suggestion has been brought up - and is implemented btw.
05.11.2013 - 20:51
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by D.T. Metal on 05.11.2013 at 20:34

I got that, but just because its a guest review doesn't mean it's a bad review.

Well, I don't mean to imply that, it's just harder to find the official reviews the way it was before. It would be kind of like trying to go to Rotten Tomatoes and having journalist reviews lost among user reviews. Thanks for hearing out my suggestion!
05.11.2013 - 20:56
D.T. Metal

Written by Guest on 05.11.2013 at 20:51

Thanks for hearing out my suggestion!

No problem dude - and now the option to select between "official" and "guest reviews" is available in the review section
06.11.2013 - 15:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

All of the Staff reviewers started out as "guests" at one point or another

not really

for example if I admit a review it will be a staff review. I never started out as a guest reviewer. Same for Wrathchild, Jeff, Collin, I think BitterCOld as well and many more of the old timers.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.11.2013 - 15:18
angel.
Evil Butterfly

Click on it, exactly the problem. If I'm not in the mood to read guest reviews I have to waste time to click into a review, scroll down to see if it's a guest review, return to the last page, click into the next review, scroll down, surprise ... it's another guest review

hmm but I should say some of the guest reviews are not that bad to make you feel wasting time on them, in fact some of official reviews are not that good because of maybe the pressure for just writing them down, so I think it is much fair to keep all the reviews in one row therefore they can be read too.
----
The Fangirl.
07.11.2013 - 01:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.11.2013 at 15:04

All of the Staff reviewers started out as "guests" at one point or another

not really

for example if I admit a review it will be a staff review. I never started out as a guest reviewer. Same for Wrathchild, Jeff, Collin, I think BitterCOld as well and many more of the old timers.

I was guest for a while. I only did a couple before Jeff pushed me to review more.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.11.2013 - 06:37
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 06.11.2013 at 15:18

Click on it, exactly the problem. If I'm not in the mood to read guest reviews I have to waste time to click into a review, scroll down to see if it's a guest review, return to the last page, click into the next review, scroll down, surprise ... it's another guest review

hmm but I should say some of the guest reviews are not that bad to make you feel wasting time on them, in fact some of official reviews are not that good because of maybe the pressure for just writing them down, so I think it is much fair to keep all the reviews in one row therefore they can be read too.

Like my other comments said, it's nothing against guest reviews. The opposite could also be said, maybe one day I'm in the mood to read guest reviews and not staff. The ability to view them separately is not only practical, it also gives one the opportunity to see what the guests are into compared to what the staff is reviewing, seeing if there are any trends, ect. Seems like such a big deal is being made over this.
10.11.2013 - 16:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about in mussican profiles make same changes as in band where we can add many links
Because many mussicans ha sofficial site, facebook, twitter etc it would good to add all links
like KK Downing
HP: http://www.kkdowning.net/kkdowning/discography.html
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kkdowningsteelmill

it would be good if we could add all links
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.01.2014 - 00:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bad English on 10.11.2013 at 16:34

How about in mussican profiles make same changes as in band where we can add many links
Because many mussicans ha sofficial site, facebook, twitter etc it would good to add all links
like KK Downing
HP: http://www.kkdowning.net/kkdowning/discography.html
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kkdowningsteelmill

it would be good if we could add all links

Thanks Ivan for fixing it and thanks DT to helping
Now you users, can edd links (official of corse)
----

apos;'
[image]
08.02.2014 - 18:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Silent Creeper on 08.02.2014 at 16:04
Suggestion #2: Every regular (meaning non-Staff/Elite) member of the site gets special MS Postion (which is now shown only for Staff/Elite members) which would serve as somesort of "ranking" that can be usually found on other forums. This position/sub-title would be based on calculation of 4 different factors: 1) community points, 2) number of posts and comments, 3) member's registration date and 4) overall site activity (e.g. in shoutbox, "quality" of posts/suggestions, helpfulness to the site and other members, and so on). I think this would increase quality of the site and also make it more entertaining.

So you basically want everyone on the site to either be a Contributor or Elite.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.02.2014 - 19:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.02.2014 at 18:20

Written by Silent Creeper on 08.02.2014 at 16:04
Suggestion #2: Every regular (meaning non-Staff/Elite) member of the site gets special MS Postion (which is now shown only for Staff/Elite members) which would serve as somesort of "ranking" that can be usually found on other forums. This position/sub-title would be based on calculation of 4 different factors: 1) community points, 2) number of posts and comments, 3) member's registration date and 4) overall site activity (e.g. in shoutbox, "quality" of posts/suggestions, helpfulness to the site and other members, and so on). I think this would increase quality of the site and also make it more entertaining.

I wounder where I would eb and my tittle fuck up english grammer spammer?
or best com point owner
----

apos;'
[image]
14.02.2014 - 20:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about we get notofication when album what me mark to delete will be deleted or rejected to delete
----

apos;'
[image]
01.03.2014 - 05:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.02.2014 at 18:20

He's referring to user rankings based on Community points, like this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/user/list

Edit: it's a seemingly cool, potentially community-boosting idea, but I would be worried that it might have a negative impact regarding point whoring.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

01.03.2014 - 15:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ "metal god", "metal demon", "metal lord"... Hmm..
Yeah... I prefer the things the way they are...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
30.03.2014 - 05:28
Helloface

Somebody should make a thread where new guys like me can introduce ourselves since we can't create threads ourselves.
----
I'm a thrasher until I die, and nothing will ever change that.
30.03.2014 - 12:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Helloface on 30.03.2014 at 05:28

Somebody should make a thread where new guys like me can introduce ourselves since we can't create threads ourselves.

You must be new to forums, or just didn't look very hard. There is an area towards the bottom of the main forum page, called "Metalstormers". Click on that. After the page loads you'll find "Welcome Newcomers!" in the top 4 topics. And if you're interested in other users from specific countries, like Canada for example, look below the top 4 topics and you'll eventually see "Canadian Metalstormers".

Hope this helps.
----

31.03.2014 - 00:12
Helloface

Written by psykometal on 30.03.2014 at 12:32

Written by Helloface on 30.03.2014 at 05:28

You must be new to forums, or just didn't look very hard. There is an area towards the bottom of the main forum page, called "Metalstormers". Click on that. After the page loads you'll find "Welcome Newcomers!" in the top 4 topics. And if you're interested in other users from specific countries, like Canada for example, look below the top 4 topics and you'll eventually see "Canadian Metalstormers".

Hope this helps.

Ah, sorry about that. Thanks.
----
I'm a thrasher until I die, and nothing will ever change that.
31.03.2014 - 01:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Helloface on 31.03.2014 at 00:12

Ah, sorry about that. Thanks.

No problem. Any time.
----

31.03.2014 - 22:59
Risto
Wandering Midget
Might have been suggested before, but if there's a way to prevent more than one nested quote happening then it would be a worthy tweak. Too long quote trains are too long.
01.04.2014 - 07:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Risto on 31.03.2014 at 22:59

Might have been suggested before, but if there's a way to prevent more than one nested quote happening then it would be a worthy tweak. Too long quote trains are too long.

That would come in handy. As it stands right now some of us edit posts that take up too much space but having it done automatically would be neat.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.04.2014 - 11:26
R Lewis

Yee-haw

And, you can edit it by yourself while quoting. As I edited your text, you can delete previous quotes
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
01.04.2014 - 11:37
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by R Lewis on 01.04.2014 at 11:26

Yee-haw

And, you can edit it by yourself while quoting. As I edited your text, you can delete previous quotes

Yea, but many people just don't bother. That's what is causing all the chains that we see out there. It might not be that simple to figure out when there's 5 or more quotes nested
01.04.2014 - 11:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Next year(on this day), MS should randomly picked up guys and appoint 'em staff and have fun. For a day, let them face a heat of queries the people boulder on table. Even taking positions of Mods.

Wouldn't be cool?
01.04.2014 - 11:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 01.04.2014 at 11:38
Wouldn't be cool?

No.
----
01.04.2014 - 12:04
R Lewis

Next year(on this day), MS should randomly picked up guys and appoint 'em staff and have fun. For a day, let them face a heat of queries the people boulder on table. Even taking positions of Mods.

Wouldn't be cool?

How To Destroy MetalStorm In One Day

Chapter 1
Page 1
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
01.04.2014 - 12:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.04.2014 at 11:41

Wouldn't be cool?

No.

Well, yeah. Worst suggestions ever. I thought after that.

It's like who gonna clean up the mess they do in a day. No. Well, I'm stressed as my AFJ fall flat out on my gf. It has kinda screwed.
01.04.2014 - 12:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.04.2014 at 11:41

Wouldn't be cool?

No.

and you said spolier will be deleted
----

apos;'
[image]
01.04.2014 - 12:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.04.2014 at 07:36

That would come in handy. As it stands right now some of us edit posts that take up too much space but having it done automatically would be neat.

I ddo it often hen its to big
----

apos;'
[image]
01.04.2014 - 13:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 01.04.2014 at 12:51
and you said spolier will be deleted

What does that have to do with this?
----
01.04.2014 - 13:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 01.04.2014 at 12:52
I ddo it often hen its to big

First of all you don't have the permissions to edit other user's posts, and second of all you don't even know how to edit your own. I had to clean up that Sonata Arctica album thread no thanks to you. You ended up involved in a quote train that spanned almost an entire page.
----