Metal Storm logo
Metal Trivia Questions

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 02.10.2006 - 01:15
Hey guys!

How is everyone doing? I hope all is going well. I have a question for everyone here. I need some Metal trivia questions. Every Monday evening we hold worship, and there is a social time beforehand, and we have been working to educate people on the Metal culture. It has proven to be a very helpful way of doing this lesson, as apposed to someone sitting there and giving a lecture.

Now what we did last week was type up 11 or 12 questions, taped them all around the room, and gave people sheets with lines for the answers and had them walk around the room. Not only did this help build community, it also really taught people there is more to metal than big hair, bat heads and screaming.

Where I could use some help is in the area of questions. They can be true/false, multipule choice, or even fill in the blank.
Some examples of questions we have had were:
  • Which Nation has the most metal bands?
  • How many bat heads has Ozzy bitten off?
  • Which are not real genres of metal (we had things like Projector, Blood and Evil mixxed in with Folk, Gothic and Power)
  • Do all metal bands have guitars?

So I think you get the idea. If people here could come up with questions that would be great. I think this will also be fun for people on the site to quiz each other with. Now, keep the questions rather simple to begin with. Most people won't know which album was the first to use a 7-string guitar in it's full potential. Feel free to make some of them funny. Metal isn't all serious, I mean, look at Poision of Korn!? Also, including the answers would be great.

Thanks everyone,

Hemlock \m/
  • 27.03.2008 - 11:47
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by FOOCK Nam on 22.03.2008 at 16:36

Anyone knows the reason of the death of Krzysztof "Doc" Raczkowski , from Vader band ?

Only what I can find are wikipedian link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzysztof_Raczkowski

it says this Krzysztof Raczkowski (October 29, 1970 - August 20, 2005), also known as Docent or Doc, was a Polish drummer, member of Death metal bands Vader (1988 - March 2005), Dies Irae. He also appears as a guest or temporary musician in Sweet Noise, Hunter, Slashing Death, Unborn, Moon, Overdub Trio bands. The cause of Krzysztof's death is unknown

Polish verse says this ''Raczkowski zmarł nagle 20 sierpnia 2005 roku w Olsztynie z niewyjaśnionych przyczy''

He dies in Olsztyn (town in Poland)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olsztyn
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    27.03.2008 - 18:08
    FOOCK Nam

Written by Bad English on 27.03.2008 at 11:47

Written by FOOCK Nam on 22.03.2008 at 16:36

Anyone knows the reason of the death of Krzysztof "Doc" Raczkowski , from Vader band ?

Only what I can find are wikipedian link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krzysztof_Raczkowski

it says this Krzysztof Raczkowski (October 29, 1970 - August 20, 2005), also known as Docent or Doc, was a Polish drummer, member of Death metal bands Vader (1988 - March 2005), Dies Irae. He also appears as a guest or temporary musician in Sweet Noise, Hunter, Slashing Death, Unborn, Moon, Overdub Trio bands. The cause of Krzysztof's death is unknown

Polish verse says this ''Raczkowski zmarł nagle 20 sierpnia 2005 roku w Olsztynie z niewyjaśnionych przyczy''

He dies in Olsztyn (town in Poland)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olsztyn

It says the he had some problems with narcotics, that make me think it could result the death of him. By the way, the statement of Piotr Wiwczarek about him really arouse my curiousity.
    27.03.2008 - 18:11
    Lucas
    Mr. Noise
    I always thought he was addicted to speed (that fucks your body up good) and alcohol.
    ----
    SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
    01.05.2011 - 20:59
    JD
    Account deleted
    Anyone knows what the main reason that made Wojciech "Sauron aka Pig" leave Decapitated?

And also Adrian "Covan" we know he went to hospital and all, but why leaving the band? and what's happend to him after that? he just disappeared
    01.05.2011 - 22:44
    Void_Eater
    Account deleted
    Why was Marty Friedman almost rejected from Megadeth?
    Which famous thrash band did Kerry King play in, aside from Slayer?
    Fucking magnets, how do they work?
    How did Lord Worm get his stage name?
    01.05.2011 - 22:46
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by Guest on 01.05.2011 at 22:44

Why was Marty Friedman almost rejected from Megadeth?

They originally wanted Dimebag Darrell

Quote:

Which famous thrash band did Kerry King play in, aside from Slayer?

He was never part of Megadeth, only helped them out live a couple of times.
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.05.2011 - 23:41
    Troy Killjoy
    perfunctionist
    Written by Guest on 01.05.2011 at 22:44

How did Lord Worm get his stage name?

He used to eat worms on stage.
    ----
    "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
    01.05.2011 - 23:42
    Void_Eater
    Account deleted
    Good job folks, you won.