Metal Storm logo
Metal Trivia Questions

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 02.10.2006 - 01:15
Hey guys!

How is everyone doing? I hope all is going well. I have a question for everyone here. I need some Metal trivia questions. Every Monday evening we hold worship, and there is a social time beforehand, and we have been working to educate people on the Metal culture. It has proven to be a very helpful way of doing this lesson, as apposed to someone sitting there and giving a lecture.

Now what we did last week was type up 11 or 12 questions, taped them all around the room, and gave people sheets with lines for the answers and had them walk around the room. Not only did this help build community, it also really taught people there is more to metal than big hair, bat heads and screaming.

Where I could use some help is in the area of questions. They can be true/false, multipule choice, or even fill in the blank.
Some examples of questions we have had were:
  • Which Nation has the most metal bands?
  • How many bat heads has Ozzy bitten off?
  • Which are not real genres of metal (we had things like Projector, Blood and Evil mixxed in with Folk, Gothic and Power)
  • Do all metal bands have guitars?

So I think you get the idea. If people here could come up with questions that would be great. I think this will also be fun for people on the site to quiz each other with. Now, keep the questions rather simple to begin with. Most people won't know which album was the first to use a 7-string guitar in it's full potential. Feel free to make some of them funny. Metal isn't all serious, I mean, look at Poision of Korn!? Also, including the answers would be great.

Thanks everyone,

Hemlock \m/
  • 31.08.2007 - 17:47
    Syk
    myspace/bonerama
    Aha, good call baldur.

Whoa - were ALL of those things created by Lovecraft? I thought the Necronomicon was like... ancient or something (btw Judas, awesome sig)
    ----
    death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
    10.01.2008 - 16:13
    +{Jonas}+
    I R Serious Cat
    Well, my turn, I go with an easy one and a not so easy one.

How did Def Leppard Drummer, Richard John Cyril Allen, lost his arm?

How many songs, are covered in the Godsmack performance "Batalla de Los Tambores"? (Only drum parts covered obviously.)
    ----
    "Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
    10.01.2008 - 16:18
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Elite
    Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.01.2008 at 16:13

Well, my turn, I go with an easy one and a not so easy one.

How did Def Leppard Drummer, Richard John Cyril Allen, lost his arm?

How many songs, are covered in the Godsmack performance "Batalla de Los Tambores"? (Only drum parts covered obviously.)

first question: car accident

second question: no idea
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.01.2008 - 16:28
    +{Jonas}+
    I R Serious Cat
    Correct! We'll see if someone can answer question 2, I f noone can, I'll answer it
    ----
    "Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

11.01.2008 - 22:46
    +{Jonas}+
    I R Serious Cat
    Well seesm that noone knows the answer to trivia 2. So here it goes:

"The drum solo "Batalla de los tambores", played by Sully and Shannon, which the band regularly plays live, started by having two drum sets on rehearsals during the tours. It begins with a drum riff from the song "Get Up, Get Out!", from their first album; and gradually becomes a medley of drum parts of songs: YZZ by Rush, Walk This Way by Aerosmith, and Mobi Dick by Led Zeppelin. The solo is never rehearsed, it's just played."

Give that I'm probably teh biggest fan here, and that I was teh one who added this trivia for the band... it's no wonder that I know it
    ----

12.01.2008 - 15:13
    Dane Train
    Beers & Kilts
    Elite
    That, and Godsmack is not a popular band around here. But thatnks for that information, I'll see if I can find a recording of that solo, it does sound interesting.

Question: What two Canadian Metal vocalists share the same birthday? Hint: They both were guests on the same 2004 hit album.
    ----
    (space for rent)
    12.01.2008 - 16:21
    Icarus
    !PROSLACKER!
    canadian hum..... id go with Geddy Lee and mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm Celine Dion??? hahahaha
    ----
    -At live's eve our flames will cease-
    12.01.2008 - 17:16
    Warman
    Erotic Stains
    Haha yeah... Geddy Lee and... James LaBrie??? Probably not. But if it's right... I must hear it now!
    ----
    12.01.2008 - 18:00
    +{Jonas}+
    I R Serious Cat
    Written by Dane Train on 12.01.2008 at 15:13

That, and Godsmack is not a popular band around here. But thatnks for that information, I'll see if I can find a recording of that solo, it does sound interesting.

Yeah, it's not very popular I don't think ou'll find a recording... Maybe a video. Batalla de los tambores is not recorded 'cause it's something they always perform live. If you can get their DVD "Changes the movie", it's there.
    ----

12.01.2008 - 19:50
    Duy Hung
    Account deleted

Question: What two Canadian Metal vocalists share the same birthday? Hint: They both were guests on the same 2004 hit album.

Devin Townsend and James LaBrie? , i guess that by "2004 hit album" you meant The Human Equation album by Ayreon
    12.01.2008 - 20:44
    Dane Train
    Beers & Kilts
    Elite
    Written by Guest on 12.01.2008 at 19:50

Devin Townsend and James LaBrie? , i guess that by "2004 hit album" you meant The Human Equation album by Ayreon

That is correct.
    ----
    (space for rent)
    20.01.2008 - 20:53
    doom_spector
    Account deleted
    oh, here's a couple of easy questions

1. Who is the vocalist of Cannibal Corpse?
    2. How many members does Morbid Angel have?

True or false:
    3.Behemoth comes from England.

If you need answers I'll write them, no problem.
    23.01.2008 - 04:50
    Ascalon
    1. Fischer ... I don't remember the name .. xD
    2. I don't know ...
    3. False ... they come from Poland
    ----
    "Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
    23.01.2008 - 05:21
    Fuath
    Written by Guest on 20.01.2008 at 20:53

True or false:

1. george "corpsegrinder" fisher
    2.at the moment, there is 3 members
    3. false, theyre from poland

?
    ----
    FRACTALS!!!!!

23.01.2008 - 09:17
    Doc G.
    Full Grown Hoser
    Staff
    Written by Fuath on 23.01.2008 at 05:21

True or false:

?

Hahaha, those werent exactly difficult questions. Lets think of something here....

1. Lets start off easy...without cheating (looking at any resources) name the 3 guest vocalists in this Saxon video
    ----
    "I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
    - George Carlin
    23.01.2008 - 09:29
    Doc G.
    Full Grown Hoser
    Staff

True or false:

?

Hahaha, those werent exactly difficult questions. Lets think of something here....(also its alot more fun if you dont research on wikipedia or anything)

1. Lets start off easy...without cheating (looking at any resources) name the 3 guest vocalists in this Saxon video
    2. Who is the vocalist who joined the NWOBHM band Tokyo Blade when he was 17? and appeared on 2 albums?
    3. The old guitarist from the band Sleep (Matt Pike) currently is the vocalist/guitarist for what band?
    4. What is the name of the artist who created "The Snaggletooth" which is Motorheads logo?
    5. On the theme song for the movie 'Airheads' entitled 'Born To Raise Hell' it featured Whitfield Crane of Ugly Kid Joe, rapper Ice T (also from Body Count), and of course Motorhead, who was the original guest vocalist supposed to be instead of Ice T?
    ----
    - George Carlin
    23.01.2008 - 10:21
    Fuath
    Written by Doc G. on 23.01.2008 at 09:29

True or false:

?

Hahaha, those werent exactly difficult questions. Lets think of something here....(also its alot more fun if you dont research on wikipedia or anything)

2. Who is the vocalist who joined the NWOBHM band Tokyo Blade when he was 17? and appeared on 2 albums?
    3. The old guitarist from the band Sleep (Matt Pike) currently is the vocalist/guitarist for what band?
    4. What is the name of the artist who created "The Snaggletooth" which is Motorheads logo?
    5. On the theme song for the movie 'Airheads' entitled 'Born To Raise Hell' it featured Whitfield Crane of Ugly Kid Joe, rapper Ice T (also from Body Count), and of course Motorhead, who was the original guest vocalist supposed to be instead of Ice T?

fuck, i should have used wikapedia,
    ill remember that
    ----
    FRACTALS!!!!!

30.01.2008 - 23:40
    Bulletdodger

1. I've recognized Lemmy from Motorhead , but the other ones are a mystery to me.
    ----
    Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
    David Hilbert
    31.01.2008 - 00:16
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by Bulletdodger on 30.01.2008 at 23:40

1. I've recognized Lemmy from Motorhead , but the other ones are a mystery to me.

Lemmy Kilmister (Motörhead), Angry Anderson (Rose Tattoo) and Andi Deris (Helloween)
    ----
    I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    31.01.2008 - 00:18
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by hanna of steel on 23.05.2007 at 17:09

Written by Dane Train on 25.12.2006 at 04:34

Here is one for all the Old Guys, like Marcel, haha.

What early blues/metal band spawned Cream, The Jeff Beck Group and Led Zeppelin?

Also, Who was the guest vocalist on Dream Theater's 1997 album Falling into Infinity?

The early blues-metal band was The Yardbirds.

Dunno but also song summert time blue I ogot band name was blussy to
    Black Sabbath early works was blues and stoner doom
    ----
    I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    31.01.2008 - 02:43
    marillionfan
    Account deleted
    Doug Pinnick of King's X was guest vocals on Lines in the Sand.

I have a question for you, too: which artist (vocalist) did an album with guitarist Jimmy Page in 1993?

and by the way: there's no such thing as blues/metal - you cannot classify Yardbirds or Cream like that - simply it's blues influeced british rock, that's all. classifying Black Sabbath as stoner doom is wrong and hilarious - these terms did not even exist in 1969 when BS started their career. BS are the forefathers of metal and stoner and doom have appeared and existed owing to Slack Sabbath (long live Tony Iommi's riffs)
    31.01.2008 - 03:59
    Doc G.
    Full Grown Hoser
    Staff
    Written by Guest on 31.01.2008 at 02:43

Doug Pinnick of King's X was guest vocals on Lines in the Sand.

I have a question for you, too: which artist (vocalist) did an album with guitarist Jimmy Page in 1993?

and by the way: there's no such thing as blues/metal - you cannot classify Yardbirds or Cream like that - simply it's blues influeced british rock, that's all. classifying Black Sabbath as stoner doom is wrong and hilarious - these terms did not even exist in 1969 when BS started their career. BS are the forefathers of metal and stoner and doom have appeared and existed owing to Slack Sabbath (long live Tony Iommi's riffs)

David Coverdale.
    ----
    - George Carlin
    15.03.2008 - 20:15
    Lucas
    Mr. Noise
    Elite
    Here's one for y'all:

Which band released the "And Justice For All" demo in 1988?
    ----
    SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
    15.03.2008 - 20:35
    Charly546
    Written by Lucas on 15.03.2008 at 20:15

Here's one for y'all:

I've heard that question somewhere. Is the answer Solitude?
    15.03.2008 - 20:39
    Lucas
    Mr. Noise
    Elite
    Written by Charly546 on 15.03.2008 at 20:35

Written by Lucas on 15.03.2008 at 20:15

Here's one for y'all:

I've heard that question somewhere. Is the answer Solitude?

Ah shit. I had hoped first a ton of people would scream "Metallica, moron!" at me. Now you've spoiled it all. Yes, it was the American Solitude, who later changed name to Solitude Aeturnus.
    ----
    SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
    15.03.2008 - 21:22
    rageing atheist
    Account deleted
    I've a question. Which band is my avatar related to?
    16.03.2008 - 21:34
    Pinusar
    Account deleted
    Written by Guest on 15.03.2008 at 21:22

I've a question. Which band is my avatar related to?

Godflesh
    16.03.2008 - 23:46
    rageing atheist
    Account deleted
    Written by Guest on 16.03.2008 at 21:34

Godflesh

Yes, you're right, but how did you know it?
    21.03.2008 - 23:54
    Pinusar
    Account deleted
    Written by Guest on 16.03.2008 at 23:46

Written by Guest on 16.03.2008 at 21:34

Godflesh

Yes, you're right, but how did you know it?

I think I saw it on their homepage or something...

anyway, it's a great band
    22.03.2008 - 16:36
    FOOCK Nam
    Anyone knows the reason of the death of Krzysztof "Doc" Raczkowski , from Vader band ?