Metal Storm logo
Angel Dust

18.05.2006 - 04:16
FlareHeart

These guys are a power metal band with Thrash influences that have a rather interesting twist to their power metal and I rather enjoy listening to them. They are quite good in my opinion and I hope that there are others here who feel the same. Just remember that both positive and negative opinions are welcome here. Let the posting begin!
----
~That which yields is not always weak.~
19.05.2006 - 02:03
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Well actually they started as a thrash metal band, but unlike the other german thrash bands (many of them) they had a bay area sound. A good band I;m quite fond of them. My favorite albums are: To Dust You Will Decay (1989) & Bleed (2000).
19.05.2006 - 05:44
Raiden
Down Under Staff
I've heard a bit of this band's stuff fairly recently, and it isn't too bad. I didn't realise that they'd been around for so long, but it seems that they have. They have a pretty gay name too, but musically not a bad band. Can be interesting at times, but they don't really blow me away or anything. Maybe just another Power Metal band. So pretty good, but not the best.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
28.06.2006 - 12:39
Bash'
:)
yeah, for me too... they aren't a best band ... but still good, they are the only thrashy band that i could listen for..

i haven't used to listening thrash but after those guys mixed it with power, things was changed to me,,, they became more acceptable
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
28.06.2006 - 17:21
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Their Thrasher beginnings are awesome, specially "To Dust You Will Decay"... impressive and as VenoM said, they don't have the typical German sound.
28.07.2006 - 10:52
Megadeth88

Written by Raiden on 19.05.2006 at 05:44

I've heard a bit of this band's stuff fairly recently, and it isn't too bad. I didn't realise that they'd been around for so long, but it seems that they have. They have a pretty gay name too, but musically not a bad band. Can be interesting at times, but they don't really blow me away or anything. Maybe just another Power Metal band. So pretty good, but not the best.

Well they got their name from a Venom song so I guess it's Venom's fault for giving them the idea to have a shitty band name.
28.07.2006 - 10:55
Megadeth88

Angel Dust is a pretty intelligent band in my opinion. I mean I like their first album alot. But I haven't listened to anything else from them yet. ....Wait I take that back, I heard their album "Bleed" and it was pretty good. But I only heard two of their albums, and I hoping to listen to some more of their stuff. But other than that I think this is a good German Thrash/Power band.
24.09.2006 - 11:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like this band but agan I shood say only early albums from 80ties before long silnc eperoiid

Into the Dark Past
To Dust You Will Decay

those 2 albums are clasic and great band also I had hear this
Enlighten the Darkness

its more thashy how firts 2 albums, thay wa smore speedy and I dont like that if bands chnged, i love old school

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/AngelDust1.html
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/AngelDust2.html

2 links for those who dont know how thay sounds
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.09.2006 - 13:37
Hellish Star

Great band indeed, propably Germany's best thrash metal band in the eighties... Long time they released an album. Favorite albums;
-To dust we will decay
-Border of reality
-Bleed
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
24.09.2006 - 21:37
okt31
Account deleted
Yes, all of them are great, however not one is mindblowing. But a very worthy band, with a solid career. It's time for a new record... Hellish Star is right! 2002 is 4 years ago by now..
I enjoy both the early thrash and the new power metal sound of theirs.
22.10.2006 - 11:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 24.09.2006 at 13:37

Great band indeed, propably Germany's best thrash metal band in the eighties... Long time they released an album. Favorite albums;
-To dust we will decay
-Border of reality
-Bleed

Hmm maybe not Iron Angel i like better and also there was Destruction and one band simmilar how Coroner and fiew other bands but I like Destruction and Iron Angel better
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.10.2006 - 12:44
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I'm now on a Bleed era of my life, I have listened to this song for more than 200 times in the past week........Damn
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
24.10.2006 - 13:17
DeadElven

I've got only one album, Angel Dust - Of Human Bondage. What can I say, this album is great! especially i like songs : "Killer", "Unite", "Got This Evil". Great songs and so powerfull! Never heard their trash metal albums, but everything can be corrected
----
~// Flies round shit, bees around honey \~
Up The Irons!
23.09.2007 - 10:01
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Wow I can't believe I never saw this thread before! A truly great speed metal band who later evolved into more of a power metal band (sorta like helloween). Definitely more speed than thrash. Their first albums are extremely rare, both of which I own hahaha!!! To Dust You Will Decay is in my opinion their best album!!
27.11.2007 - 18:14
Finicella
Account deleted
I'm surprised... I didn't know that anyone except for me knew this band... :3

I like them, their style is great. I think every album was great. But To Dust You Will Decay isn't that great. xD" I like Border of Reality and Bleed. :3

But I really wonder when the next album will be ready... (Unfortunately they got a new vocalist last year, that's such a pity. )
27.11.2007 - 21:25
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Bleed was a fucking awesome album. The title track is one of the best/ballsiest power metal songs I've heard ever. And his vocals really keep Angeldust apart from the other so called 'flower power' bands. Real quality. And that Temple Of The King cover was quite tastefully done
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
29.11.2007 - 14:21
losttrack
Account deleted
Yes I remember first of their album and it's great.
By the way, I have found an old great metal track but no one could tell me what it is. Maybe you can recognized it: http://manilla.wrzuta.pl/audio/f5xfNwQRCY/ I thought it could be a Liege Lord demo but no I was wrong.
29.11.2007 - 22:45
Bash'
Written by CrypticMyth on 27.11.2007 at 21:25

...so called 'flower power' bands....

What do you mean by flower power?
----

30.11.2007 - 07:31
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Dragon Force, Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Lost Horizon and their ilk. I meant with the high pitched fervor sort of vocals, derived from Helloween or something...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
30.11.2007 - 14:01
Bash'
aha, thank you.. so yeah you're right Angel Dust aren't flower power

The song Bleed, have amazing keys! also Liquid Angel do.. I like keys, and it fits their music if only they make more of them..
----

13.09.2009 - 01:46
RyanH

Border of Reality is a great Album

Let me fall
Let me dream - of beauty and truth -
Let me feel
Let me see - the border of reality
14.12.2010 - 19:00
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
I really love this band. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any news about the future of Angel Dust. So, let's wait, becuase I wanna hear more new albums of this band.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
17.02.2011 - 07:24
Thunderhead

Don't like that much the two first albuns. But Border of Reality and it's sucessors are mind blowing.
I never listened to their last release, that one after the human bondage...
Is it good?
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
28.02.2011 - 19:07
Yasmine

I love Bleed, different progressive sound to it.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
04.03.2011 - 02:42
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Thunderhead on 17.02.2011 at 07:24

Don't like that much the two first albuns. But Border of Reality and it's sucessors are mind blowing.
Is it good?

Do you mean 'Tales From Ashes And Dust'? Don't think it has been released yet, hope they do so this year though, its been far too long since they brought out a new album.
01.06.2011 - 09:38
Thunderhead

Written by R'Vannith on 04.03.2011 at 02:42

Written by Thunderhead on 17.02.2011 at 07:24

Is it good?

Do you mean 'Tales From Ashes And Dust'? Don't think it has been released yet, hope they do so this year though, its been far too long since they brought out a new album.

Yes, that is it.
I thought it was released.

I like Mercury Tide (The band of the vocalist who left, them went back )
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
05.06.2011 - 10:14
JÄY
Metal slave
I wish bleed (the album)'s second half was a little stronger...that release would be incredible