Metal Storm logo
Deep Purple - Former Keyboardist Diagnosed With Cancer

A couple of weeks ago, former Deep Purple keyboardist Jon Lord was diagnosed with cancer.

Lord issued the following message on the matter: "I would like all my friends, followers, fans and fellow travelers to know that I am fighting cancer and will therefore be taking a break from performing while getting the treatment and cure.

I shall of course be continuing to write music - in my world it just has to be part of the therapy - and I fully expect to be back in good shape next year."

In other news, Jon Lord will release a new live album titled simply, Live, soon. A short trailer can be watched below. More snippets can be streamed over here.

Recorded in Bucharest, Romania in 2009 with a full symphony orchestra, the album includes a glorious selection of orchestral pieces representing Jon Lord's touring repetoire all over the world in recent years.

Steve Balsamo handles male vocals throughout, and the album also includes three completely reworked Deep Purple classics with full orchestral arrangement by Jon Lord; "Pictures of Home", "Soldier of Fortune" and an immense "Child in Time".

The Rousse Philharmonic Orchestra is conducted by Nayden Tadorov with Darin Vasilev (guitar), Ivaylo Zvezdomirov (bass) and Venko Poromanski (drums) completing the line-up.

Source: jonlord.org
Band profile: Deep Purple
Posted: 27.08.2011 by Nergal Is God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 165 users
27.08.2011 - 14:22
Milena
gloom cookie
This just blows.
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.08.2011 - 15:59
serega25

27.08.2011 - 17:03
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Just whising him good vibe !
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
27.08.2011 - 21:29
Fat & Sassy!

T^T He's like... duh bayest.
27.08.2011 - 23:15
gid

Fuck cancer.
27.08.2011 - 23:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
^
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.08.2011 - 01:37
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Wishing him all the best for his treatment and recovery.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
28.08.2011 - 01:45
strade

I wish him well.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
28.08.2011 - 02:59
Symmachus

I hate cancer. I wish Jon Lord the best.
28.08.2011 - 03:42
Void Eater
Account deleted
Aw muffins. I'm not familiar with his post Deep Purple work, but In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head, and Burn are all great albums. Don't pull a Dio on us.
29.08.2011 - 04:42
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Ditto, except "than" and minus the alcohol. You know that raises the risk of cancer, right?
Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 03:42
... I'm not familiar with his post Deep Purple work, but In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head, and Burn are all great albums...
All the ones before those, too. Very pleased with Lord's upbeat, positive plans, and I hope with all my heart that they come to fruition
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
29.08.2011 - 17:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I guess it's only normal some of these old guys would come down with diseases like this. i saw the concert that's gonna be released on DVD on television, i gotta say it is epic as hell.
29.08.2011 - 21:09
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 03:42

Aw muffins. I'm not familiar with his post Deep Purple work, but In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head, and Burn are all great albums. Don't pull a Dio on us.

Nope, neither am I, but just for his work with Purple, he is a legend. \m/ It's funny you mentioned Dio, as he was who I immediately thought of upon discovering Jon has cancer. I really hope that unlike Dio, he can beat it.

Hits total: 3298 | This month: 2