04. Sanctity Of Brothers
05. The Devil Has Risen
06. This Time Was Mine
07. Unstoppable
08. So It Goes
09. Impostors Kingdom
10. Bled Dry
11. Big Bear And The Hour Of Chaos

Fans of Killswitch Engage, and others Metalcore bands, let's talk today about the last album of the American combo Unearth. "III: In The Eyes OF Fire" is the 3rd album of the band and well if you like this new kind of Metal I truly believe that you will be able to find some good songs for you in this release. But on the other hand don't even believe that you'll be able to find something new in this release, because this is simply classic as hell?

It's always a bit the same recipe with Metalcore. Take some melodic music, add some good ol' Thrashy/Death guitar riffs and finally just add a singer who will be able to scream and use some hardcore vocals. No need to say that Unearth even tried to change this trend, "III: In The Eyes" just follows the rules of the style? But for sure, they write some good music on a side. I mean that it can sound a bit "easy" and I agree with the ones who say that it's always a bit the same with this kind of bands but the riff and melody a of a song like "March Of The Mutes" or the excellent ones of the break of "Gilles" are just great. It's not really complex or technical but it works and at the end it's good to listen to it (if you're not impervious to Metalcore or Hardcore of course). No doubt that the fans of the style will enjoy this music, even if the others one will probably find it a bit boring at the end.

Like all the American productions, especially with the Metalcore ones, "III: In The Eyes Of Fire" is an album that doesn't suffer of any problems of production. The sound is clean and better than the majority of the Metal productions. The artwork, even if it's a bit simple, is classy and well, everything is just extremely professional. No doubt that the band had a lot of great means of production (including money) to release this album.

"III: In The Eyes Of Fire" is not so special, it's a really classic and conventional album of Metalcore. You'll not be able to find a lot of new things on this release but on the other hand the guys knew how to find some real killers guitars riffs and melodies. "III: In The Eyes Of Fire" is not so special then, but if you like this kind of music I'm sure that you'll be able to find a real interest in this album. In the style, no doubt that with "III: In The Eyes OF Fire", Unearth proves that they're one of the leaders of the scene now.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 10

Written by Jeff | 02.10.2006

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 82 users
02.10.2006 - 12:25
Kak1tA
Account deleted
2nd album of the band? You know why they've called it "III"?
02.10.2006 - 12:27
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Typo sorry... it's fixed
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
02.10.2006 - 18:21
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
"The Stings Of Conscience" is THE Metalcore album, but then the band drowned in the mainstream.
02.10.2006 - 19:19
Herzebeth

Songwriting = 8?? man...are you trying to impress someone? j/k lol... IN MY OPINION Metalcore has limited songwriting and this album is one of the most repetitive things I've ever heard when it comes to that matter... you said it yourself "It's always a bit the same recipe with Metalcore"...I'm thinking..oxymoron
----
02.10.2006 - 19:23
Jeff
Freaky Admin
That's right... it's always a bit repitive... but when I compare this album to a lot of others Metalcore bands, I can tell you that this guys found some good riffs.

So the songrwiting is not so bad at the end (for a Metalcore album of course, because Herz, you cannot compare the "Songrwiting" of Unearth, Cannibal Corpse and Dream Theater... )
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
02.10.2006 - 19:43
Herzebeth

"because Herz, you cannot compare the "Songrwiting" of Unearth, Cannibal Corpse and Dream Theater... " yeah yeah I know and I never did...so then I recommend you to try good metalcore bands so you can be aware of the suckiness in Unearth's songwriting... try the new All Shall Perish album, try God Forbid's first release and maybe their latest album as well...and of course "Beecher" which is a really impressive band with REAL variations in their songwriting...if you do find them let me know chances are you'll change your mind about Unearth's songwriting skills...for future references I mean.
----
02.10.2006 - 23:31
Rating: 8
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
I liked this one quite a lot, but it's not "The Oncoming Storm". Worth listening though, spot on review.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
03.10.2006 - 07:42
DoYouWantToDie
Account deleted
METALCORE SUCKS
29.03.2007 - 20:09
RazorOfTheLight
Account deleted
alot of music even dark tranquillity are repetitive so where is the remedy? This CD was decent. at least they had some solo's
05.02.2008 - 02:58
RockeRoy

not bad actually
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
24.12.2014 - 16:07
ferroy

Welcome in Jakarta Indonesia 8/3/2015 in hammersonic

Hits total: 7387 | This month: 19