Metal Storm logo
My new solo project (Psychedelic/Doom/Drone - ish)

28.08.2011 - 00:22
ferm
Hi,

Have a new solo project goin on and it's called Hallucinax. I've made two tracks which is a bit different from each other (regarding approaches). The first link is with a drum machine and four guitar tracks, while the other one is simply noise-dronish with just a guitar. Say what you thin about it.

Psychedelic Garden Stroll: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSY0dI22Vt8

One with the furniture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7btIkX-64E&feature=related

28.08.2011 - 01:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
You need to layer, lots and lots and lots of layers overlapping and a bunch of feedback too perhaps. It's sound a little upbeat at the moment too, dunno if that's what you wanna go for.
28.08.2011 - 01:25
ferm
Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 01:12

You need to layer, lots and lots and lots of layers overlapping and a bunch of feedback too perhaps. It's sound a little upbeat at the moment too, dunno if that's what you wanna go for.

I'm quite happy with that kinda tempo on that track. You mean I need more kinda rythm guitar layers?
28.08.2011 - 01:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by ferm on 28.08.2011 at 01:25

I'm quite happy with that kinda tempo on that track. You mean I need more kinda rythm guitar layers?

Not exactly, I mean to give the sound more depth like you would a noise-rock or drone metal band. Basically have several sets of sounds working off each other to give it a deep "droning" feeling.
28.08.2011 - 01:36
ferm
Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 01:32

Written by ferm on 28.08.2011 at 01:25

Not exactly, I mean to give the sound more depth like you would a noise-rock or drone metal band. Basically have several sets of sounds working off each other to give it a deep "droning" feeling.

Aah, ok cool. Should try that out
28.08.2011 - 01:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by ferm on 28.08.2011 at 01:36

Aah, ok cool. Should try that out

Yeah just mess about with lots of sounds, probably doesn't even have to be just guitars. I've never made music so I wouldn't know but if I were to it would be a drone band liked Sunn O))), Bong, TenHornedBeast etc.
29.08.2011 - 22:14
Vombatus
Potorro
Sounds ok, the second track is pretty good. For first track,I'd use one of the guitars as a "wall of noise" to fill up the ambiance... a keyboard with a few simple distorted keys or maybe a bass would also do the trick.
30.08.2011 - 00:43
ferm
Written by Vombatus on 29.08.2011 at 22:14

Sounds ok, the second track is pretty good. For first track,I'd use one of the guitars as a "wall of noise" to fill up the ambiance... a keyboard with a few simple distorted keys or maybe a bass would also do the trick.

Yeah, that is something I also concluded. I have a bass and all so I could have recorded a basstrack too