‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14
Users visited: 288  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Warman on 02.10.2006 at 14:19
I can't believe that there is not an official thread about Dimmu Borgir. I just recently started listening to this wonderful band. Their first album "For all tid" is perfect and extremely beautiful.

So post your opinions and stuff that has anything to do with this band!

Page 13 of 14

AbdelioR

05.06.2009 at 14:12
Written by the napalm rain on 16.12.2008 at 22:00

If the symphonic metal bands don't use those instruments I'm sure that they will be boring.

They are symphonic for some reason

I recognize that I'm one of those who like the symphonic DM. I have to say that I haven't listened so much their first releases but Spiritual Black Dimensions, Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant... are brilliant.

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 19.01.2009 at 00:38

If one was to leave the symphonic realm and go into the folkier realm of melodic synth-driven black metal, there's also Nokturnal Mortum, which is a band that would own Dimmu Borgir any day of the week.

This is the other think, If I want to listen Black Metal I won't go to DM, I'll go to Nokturnal Mortum as he says or any other you want. From DM I take their melodic side
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
ANGEL REAPER

17.06.2009 at 14:46
Hey people why the fuck you deffend someting that dont realy mathers......
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
princechaos676
Account deleted
  09.09.2009 at 05:32
Dimmu Borgir fuckin Rocks! As a satanist, they appeal doubly to me! One of my favourite songs is Satan My Master which was a bonus track.
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

09.09.2009 at 10:08
Hey...but this made me a day...

let me guess - your second most favorite satanic band is Cradle Of Filth?
----
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings
Become dust in the wake of the hymn
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall
No more than a breath on the wind

Abattoir

09.09.2009 at 10:29
Written by Ellrohir on 09.09.2009 at 10:08

Don't be so rude dude ...and by the way Satan My Master ain't bad song at all
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

09.09.2009 at 10:41
I didnt tell i dont listen to Dimmu from time to time too but since i have really listened to many bm stuff already, i simply find statement "i am satanist and therefore Dimmu is best band for me" ridiculous (besides i find ridiculous the idea of "being satanist" itself...)
----

routa
Account deleted
  13.09.2009 at 06:45
Written by Abattoir on 09.09.2009 at 10:29

Of course not, it's Bathory.
savalegion

15.09.2009 at 08:16
I think Dimmu is really good and why isnt Old man's child as famous? Galder's a beast!
but if Shagrath used his old fry vocals(EDT) than Dimmu would be the best black metal band in the world.:necro:
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight

15.09.2009 at 11:35
Bah!
----

Mahler

16.09.2009 at 01:10
Dimmu Borgir was the band that got me into this type of music, "Sorgen Kammer Del II" was the first song of theirs i heard, the music video was amazing! I remember listening to it and like the heavens opened up and angels sang, i knew this was my type of music, and i havnt looked back!
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!

16.09.2009 at 11:38

More than likely! ...does CoF even take on a Satanic theme any more? Damn I wish the whole band was stoned with gob stoppers at that recent show... put them out of comission for good.
Apocalyp7ica
Account deleted
  17.09.2009 at 15:00
Just started listening this band.
SatyriconChick

07.11.2009 at 18:00
I love Dimmu Borgir! I've been a fan of theirs since an online friend recorded the original Stormblast for me on cassette back in 1996. Love their symphonic sound, and Shagrath is an awesome vocalist. I can't even choose which of their albums ranks as my favorite, but I do listen to For All Tid quite a lot.
Ragana
Rawrcat

07.11.2009 at 18:10
Written by SatyriconChick on 07.11.2009 at 18:00

I've been a fan of theirs since an online from recorded the original Stormblast for me on cassette back in 1996.

You started to listen to DB when you were 6 or I misunderstood something? ;o
SatyriconChick

07.11.2009 at 20:29
Written by Ragana on 07.11.2009 at 18:10

Written by SatyriconChick on 07.11.2009 at 18:00

I've been a fan of theirs since an online friend recorded the original Stormblast for me on cassette back in 1996.

You started to listen to DB when you were 6 or I misunderstood something? ;o

Um... No. Try 23.
Daggon
Medical Ninja

07.11.2009 at 23:39
Well, I like the band, I like the musicians, I like their lyrics and their music, nuff said. My favorite albums are Stormblast, EDT, and DCA.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

20.11.2009 at 02:51
Well without ICS Vortex and MUstis... it's like half teh band is gone. It's like they died for me Vortex was the one that made Dimmu unique. I'm done with DB, unless they can't find someone who can replace Vortex's ethereal vocals.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
SatyriconChick

21.11.2009 at 02:49
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 02:51

Well without ICS Vortex and MUstis... it's like half teh band is gone. It's like they died for me Vortex was the one that made Dimmu unique. I'm done with DB, unless they can't find someone who can replace Vortex's ethereal vocals.

Well, I'm definitely not done with them, but I understand how you feel. I can't imagine how they're going to sound now without Mustis. That man has done SO much for DB, it's not even funny. It definitely won't be the same.
Overlord_PT

21.11.2009 at 03:39

lol youre mean
Overlord_PT

21.11.2009 at 03:44
I hope they dont change their sound very much
Slayer666
>----[knee]---|>

21.11.2009 at 14:27

Muahaha! That made MY day! Quite rude! But, you know, Dimmu uses the Satanic concept a lot, while Cradle don't... It's the music itself that ain't so Satanic. And the poor saps at Dimmu still consider themselves "TRUE NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL, ARRGH!" while Cradle never did, not even on the earliest stuff.
forever

22.11.2009 at 19:06
Hello, I put on ebay FOR ALL TID vinyl original press, maybe you are interested in it: http://shop.ebay.com/m_collectr/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Thank you.
forever

23.11.2009 at 18:52
I think the link is wrong: http://shop.ebay.es/m_collectr/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
Qliphotic38

27.11.2009 at 01:03
If you like dimmu, youtube search "Immanifest"

Symphonic Black Metal from Tampa Florida.
BenWasHere

28.11.2009 at 06:44
Written by Qliphotic38 on 27.11.2009 at 01:03

If you like dimmu, youtube search "Immanifest"

Symphonic Black Metal from Tampa Florida.

Holy hell. Immanifest is awesome.
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll

30.11.2009 at 05:51
Written by Abattoir on 09.09.2009 at 10:29

Too bad they didnt write it
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!

02.12.2009 at 11:37
Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2009 at 14:27

Muahaha! That made MY day! Quite rude! But, you know, Dimmu uses the Satanic concept a lot, while Cradle don't... It's the music itself that ain't so Satanic. And the poor saps at Dimmu still consider themselves "TRUE NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL, ARRGH!" while Cradle never did, not even on the earliest stuff.

That's because Dani is a pussy, after all the shit went down with Varg and Euronymous there was the French version of the Black Circle, who did some childish imitations of the Norwegian Black Circle, mostly grave and church desecrations, I don't recall off the top of my head if there were any arsons. Point being, the media started connection CoF with the black metal scene/culture in France, Norway, Germany (ie: Absurd) and Dani then professed his band was not black metal and wasn't into criminal acts and so on and so forth.
As much as I loathe Dani and CoF now, I think it's undeniable that up to at the very least, "From The Cradle To Enslaved" were indeed black metal, symphonic bm if nothing else, and not that doing a cover really means shit but, come on, they even covered Venom's classic "Black Metal". The intent was there.
Slayer666
>----[knee]---|>

02.12.2009 at 15:26
Written by Bitter Dawn on 02.12.2009 at 11:37

Written by Slayer666 on 21.11.2009 at 14:27

That's because Dani is a pussy, after all the shit went down with Varg and Euronymous there was the French version of the Black Circle, who did some childish imitations of the Norwegian Black Circle, mostly grave and church desecrations, I don't recall off the top of my head if there were any arsons. Point being, the media started connection CoF with the black metal scene/culture in France, Norway, Germany (ie: Absurd) and Dani then professed his band was not black metal and wasn't into criminal acts and so on and so forth.
As much as I loathe Dani and CoF now, I think it's undeniable that up to at the very least, "From The Cradle To Enslaved" were indeed black metal, symphonic bm if nothing else, and not that doing a cover really means shit but, come on, they even covered Venom's classic "Black Metal". The intent was there.

Or, maybe, he just wanted to distance himself from such idiots. You have to be a heavy sociopath and a childish moron do to go about desecrating graves and shit, specially so if you're only doing it to look "cool" within whatever circle or group you are in. Why does that make him a pussy? Because he didn't want people thinking he is one of those nutjobs? For some people, Black Metal is just music.
And, it's actually "From The Cradle To Enslave".
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!

02.12.2009 at 16:25
Quote:
Written by Slayer666 on 02.12.2009 at 15:26

Or, maybe, he just wanted to distance himself from such idiots. You have to be a heavy sociopath and a childish moron do to go about desecrating graves and shit, specially so if you're only doing it to look "cool" within whatever circle or group you are in. Why does that make him a pussy? Because he didn't want people thinking he is one of those nutjobs? For some people, Black Metal is just music.

Desecrating graves is childish, that I can agree with. I however, strongly disagree that black metal is "just music", it's a way of life. Dani has always been in it to make money, which is precisely why he has so many goddamn shitty mainstream guest musicians on his last few albums, he strives to be on the radio and to be on t.v... like I said, it's a shame more gobstoppers weren't hurled at stage to take out at least Dani once in for all.
Slayer666
>----[knee]---|>

02.12.2009 at 17:46
Quote:
Written by Bitter Dawn on 02.12.2009 at 16:25

Written by Slayer666 on 02.12.2009 at 15:26

Desecrating graves is childish, that I can agree with. I however, strongly disagree that black metal is "just music", it's a way of life. Dani has always been in it to make money, which is precisely why he has so many goddamn shitty mainstream guest musicians on his last few albums, he strives to be on the radio and to be on t.v... like I said, it's a shame more gobstoppers weren't hurled at stage to take out at least Dani once in for all.

Right, right, he was going to make sooo much money with "Dusk...", "Principle", "Damnation".... In fact, there was this one point in CoF's career that they nearly became more popular than Britney Spears and won a few EMV awards! Please, don't talk such nonsense. "Thornography" is the only really radio-freindly album they ever released, and thanks to "Godspeed", that's history now.

Mind explaining just what does "BM is a way of life" mean to you? I find it hard to belive it's wearing corpse paint all day and praying to Satan.
Black metal was a way of life for Dead. He killed himself. It was a way of life for Euronymous. He got killed. It was a way of life for Varg. He got thrown in prison for 20-or-so years. It's a way of life for Gaahl (or so he claims), and he is a frequently jailed homosexual. So, excuse me if I don't consider such ideas smart.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14

Login or register to post here.