18.09.2011 USA, Denver, CO
20.09.2011 USA, Dallas, TX
21.09.2011 USA, Houston, TX 1
23.09.2011 USA, Orlando, FL

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 5 users
28.08.2011 - 08:36
slinx

I was drunk and Kamelot was awesome. Luckily living 3 miles away from the concert, my driving during the hurricane was no way impacted, and the streets littered with green leaves torn strewn about from the trees were enchanting.

A few observations I made at the show:

I missed Division \ Cypher Lock and caught the last half of the last song of The Agonist who is metalcore with a chick singer, who probably looks good when there is a 200:1 dick to vagina ratio like there was. Heard the whole set of Blackguard and either the place has bad acoustics or I have horrible ears and barely caught anything though the singer was very energetic. Ironically enough, I missed Alestorm cause I was getting drunk at the bar with 3 budweisers + long island.

The bartender chick was kinda chubby with a goth look and the guy on my right at the bar was talking to her about how Children Of Bodom was there a couple months ago and that she (the bartender) probably flirted with Alexi Laiho. Anyway I had indulged in two beers at that point and remarked to him how Alexi Laiho was a chubby chaser and took the time to point out Kimberly Goss to him, which he seemed to not know. Anyway, he left the bar within a minute.

Most importantly, about Kamelot.

They played only songs from Poetry For The Poison, The Black Halo, Epica, and Karma. Everything which I was familiar with, except for one song that seemed weird, but might possibly have been from Fabio Leone's former group (that guy is one ugly fucker, but he does a good job).

The 'hottest' girl there was right in front of me at the left end of the stage, about 2-3 feet back and both Thomas Youngblood and Sean Tibbets gave her a pick, one of her faggy friends tried to steal her second pick (bass) and she kinda shook him off.
Once the concert ended I saw the 'hottest' chick outside and she looked a 5 (I had sobered up quite a bit at that point), but easily an 8 on the inside.

So in conclusion;

I was drunk and Kamelot was awesome.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
01.09.2011 - 18:36
Carrion Misery

Written by slinx on 28.08.2011 at 08:36

I was drunk and Kamelot was awesome. Luckily living 3 miles away from the concert, my driving during the hurricane was no way impacted, and the streets littered with green leaves torn strewn about from the trees were enchanting...

I was there and drunk too! I don't recall them playing any Rhapsody of Fire songs. Was it Necropolis maybe? Here's the set list: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/2011/jaxx-nightclub-springfield-va-3d0d93b.html

Their set was nothing short of amazing. Best light show I've ever seen at Jaxx too. I was pretty wasted and sort of ranted to Thomas about missing Roy lol. I don't think I came off as a jackass. Anyways, he was so awesome to speak with. I felt honored and it was great he listened/ responded to everything I had to say. Fabio did a fantastic job though and I'd definitely go see them again. Can't wait for their next CD!
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
02.09.2011 - 05:27
slinx

Written by Carrion Misery on 01.09.2011 at 18:36

Written by slinx on 28.08.2011 at 08:36

I was drunk and Kamelot was awesome. Luckily living 3 miles away from the concert, my driving during the hurricane was no way impacted, and the streets littered with green leaves torn strewn about from the trees were enchanting...

I was there and drunk too! I don't recall them playing any Rhapsody of Fire songs. Was it Necropolis maybe? Here's the set list: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/2011/jaxx-nightclub-springfield-va-3d0d93b.html

Their set was nothing short of amazing. Best light show I've ever seen at Jaxx too. I was pretty wasted and sort of ranted to Thomas about missing Roy lol. I don't think I came off as a jackass. Anyways, he was so awesome to speak with. I felt honored and it was great he listened/ responded to everything I had to say. Fabio did a fantastic job though and I'd definitely go see them again. Can't wait for their next CD!

Yeah, Necropolis was it. I brushed up on listening to Karma before the concert, and was never too familiar with PFTP.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic

Hits total: 2089 | This month: 3