Metal Storm logo
Gorgoroth - Re-Recorded Album Delayed Again

Norwegian black metallers Gorgoroth announces that Under The Sign Of Hell 2011, the re-recording of the band's third full-length album, has been pushed back again. The album was originally supposed to be released in June, but got pushed back to August 29th, and now pushed back again with an unspecified date.

The band comments: "Infernus and Gorgoroth were informed this weekend by Regain Records that because of Regain's current financial situation, it will once again be necessary for the label to postpone the release of Gorgoroth's upcoming album Under The Sign Of Hell 2011, which was scheduled for release on 29. August 2011. The master tapes were handed over to Regain by the band in April this year, and so it is of course very disappointing for the band that the label for the second time is not able to meet the set release date. Therefore, to avoid this happening again, no new release date will be given by the band until Regain can sort out their problems and provide a new date with 100% certainty."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Gorgoroth
Posted: 28.08.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 132 users
28.08.2011 - 20:48
Opethian

Ok
28.08.2011 - 20:54
necrovamp

Huh.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
28.08.2011 - 20:59
Jiri

No! Not the "new" album! I really want to hear what it sounds like. Oh wait, it seems I have a copy of it made back in 1996. I will just listen to that...
28.08.2011 - 21:23
Panzerchrist
Account deleted
Written by Jiri on 28.08.2011 at 20:59

No! Not the "new" album! I really want to hear what it sounds like. Oh wait, it seems I have a copy of it made back in 1996. I will just listen to that...

Oh, shush. Fix'd it.
28.08.2011 - 23:56
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Maybe Satan is trying to tell them it's not such a good idea
29.08.2011 - 03:04
Sworn

Written by Guest on 28.08.2011 at 23:56

Maybe Satan is trying to tell them it's not such a good idea

That's so true! Under the sign of hell with plastic sound, not a good idea.
29.08.2011 - 04:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Why do bands insist on re-recording 'important' past releases?

dear bands - if you want to go the re-recording route, please take notes of what Negura Bunget did, where they completely reinterpreted an album they found disappointing and made it fantastic.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
29.08.2011 - 04:32
Richard

As others have suggested, it's not generally a good idea for bands to re-record their older releases. It's pointless, and suggests a lack of new ideas. Moonspell and Dimmu Borgir have done this, and the result was shite compared to the original versions! The original release captures a certain moment in time, and it doesn't need to be updated and re-done years afterwards IMO.
----
29.08.2011 - 11:23
Windrider
Raureif
I actually look quite optimistic forward to this... Because I like the production on QPAST especially, contains one of my fave guitar tones of all time and styles...
29.08.2011 - 11:51
Slayer666

Why would they want to re-record that album? The production and playing style fit perfectly.
If you're gonna re-record anything, make it Destroyer, that one is a complete mess. More a compilation than an album.
29.08.2011 - 12:08
FREDD
Account deleted
How? And why?
03.09.2011 - 05:32
Richard

Written by Slayer666 on 29.08.2011 at 11:51

Why would they want to re-record that album? The production and playing style fit perfectly.
If you're gonna re-record anything, make it Destroyer, that one is a complete mess. More a compilation than an album.

That's true, 'Destroyer' was kind of peculiar. Different bandmembers and production values on different songs and that sort of thing made it a bit inconsistent as a whole. Still, the only Gorgoroth releases I actually own are Pentagram and Antichrist, anyway.
----

Hits total: 3407 | This month: 3