Metal Storm logo
Suffocation vs Dying Fetus

Poll

Which death metal band do you think is better?

Suffocation
Dying Fetus

Total votes: 43
30.08.2011 - 02:41
king_matt

They're both death metal bands, they both use breakdowns a lot, they're both great bands, but which one is better? Suffocation or Dying Fetus?

I personally prefer Dying Fetus. Better breakdowns, better vocals, and better riffs. I have to give the solos to Suffocation, though.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
30.08.2011 - 02:49
JD
Account deleted
Both are my favorite bands, but I think I will go with Suffocation, just a little bit more technical and brutal.
30.08.2011 - 03:19
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by king_matt on 30.08.2011 at 02:41

They're both death metal bands, they both use breakdowns a lot, they're both great bands, but which one is better? Suffocation or Dying Fetus?

I personally prefer Dying Fetus. Better breakdowns, better vocals, and better riffs. I have to give the solos to Suffocation, though.

Suffocation's solos are the best I ever heard.
On topic: I'll vote Suffocation. In addition to what JD said, they're the band the pioneered brutal death.
31.08.2011 - 19:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Dying Fetus because they're more diverse, and Destroy the Opposition is my favorite death metal album of all time. Plus, they didn't release Blood Oath.

Still love Suffocation though!
31.08.2011 - 19:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Dying fetus!!! love they're vocals better than suffocation, and the bass is intense!!!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.07.2014 - 05:29
Deathmaster

Ok Guys give it up I love Both Bands But seriously Suffocation is Probably like Dying Fetus #1 Influence I can tell you that John Gallagher Praise Pinnacle of Bedlam very Highly When I saw Him with Suffocation doing Vocals. I agree That Suffocation Has insane Guitar solos, Which fetus almost never even play them, although it's really not necessary with their melee and Lead Guitar Riffs. I will say That Fetus is much catchier, to me they have this Thrash Influenced Streamlined sound, Whereas Suffocation tends to bring the Sideways or backward sounding Riffs more.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
17.02.2015 - 16:33
Jessie J
Account deleted
Fetus
24.02.2015 - 09:28
Deathmaster

Written by Guest on 17.02.2015 at 16:33

Fetus

Dude I love both bands pretty much equally, though I picked Suffocation Cause they're a bit moar Influential IMO, I would like to know WHY you picked Dying Fetus.
----
"While I live let me live deep."-Robert Howard
23.04.2015 - 09:50
Jhenry

Better breakdowns, better vocals, and better riffs. I have to give the solos to Suffocation, though.
----
NAT
24.06.2015 - 21:00
Infernal Eternal

Suffocation, true legends and an influential act in the death metal scene. Their first albums influences tons of bands since their release.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
16.06.2023 - 06:44
I voted for Suffocation.