Release date: 2011

01. A Tribute To The Tools Of The Cosmic Abortionist
02. Devilmentertainment Non-Stop
03. Peace Keeper
04. The Misery King
05. Unintelligent Design
06. Zero Swarm
07. Nuclear War Insence
08. Det Doda Exemplets Makt (Two Minute Hate Part II)
09. Hell Is All Around

Plutonium is a one-man band hailing from Sweden and behind this moniker is J. Carlsson. The most appropriate genre in which a band with such a name could be moving has to be industrial black metal and this is what you actually have to expect from this act's second full-length to date, Devilmentertainment Non-Stop. If you skip the a bit uninspired title (at least to my eyes), you can expect a really good release with a subtracting design of a barb wired hanger on the cover artwork.

Mr. Carlsson, after he studied the cold and mechanical architecture of Mysticum, he intruded the mind of Snorre to find not what's wrong with Mary, but with Thorns. And then, somewhere in the corner he met Satyr and Frost and discussed with them the secrets of Rebel Extravaganza and Volcano. And as the song "Peace Keeper" indicates, there are references to the martial industrial scene and it's not only this composition, there are rare samples of classical music as well (like on "Zero Swarm"), something that many bands from the aforementioned scene do, Triarii for example.

The guitars have an electrocuted aesthetic. Of course they move in the renowned railway riffing pathway into the endless continuum, but they have this welcome mechanized essence and in combination with the programmed drumming, the effects, the frequencies and the various sounds that partake in the structure the scenery is complete. Lifeless, cold, hostile soundscapes unfold and some more electronic moments with a clinical sense of melody evoke a sense of artificial life among semi-working failed computing systems. The vocals actually possess a rasping and at the same time boiling edge and there are moments they are distorted with effects or reciting so as to pace with the flow of the compositions whenever needed.

Fierce passages welcome mid-paced clinical moments and vice versa, everything flows just like it should, like a well-synchronized machine. I personally found Devilmentertainment Non-Stop a decent release, so if you're willing to leave behind for a while natural frost and embrace a wired emotionless winter then Plutonium is a band you should give a listen and find out for yourself.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 30.08.2011 by "It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind."

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 107 users
30.08.2011 - 15:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Rubbish album name indeed but I quite like the band name. This sounds right my alley so will heed your wise words Der and check this out ;]
30.08.2011 - 16:56
KwonVerge
Odysseus
elite
Written by Guest on 30.08.2011 at 15:29

Rubbish album name indeed but I quite like the band name. This sounds right my alley so will heed your wise words Der and check this out ;]

Yeah, the band name attracted me in the first place! Thanks G.I. Joe, hope you enjoy it Plutonium, N.K.V.D. and Tyrant Of Death really meant something to me for 2011 in industrial black metal, if you got something else send it over my way
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
30.08.2011 - 17:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by KwonVerge on 30.08.2011 at 16:56

Written by Guest on 30.08.2011 at 15:29

Yeah, the band name attracted me in the first place! Thanks G.I. Joe, hope you enjoy it Plutonium, N.K.V.D. and Tyrant Of Death really meant something to me for 2011 in industrial black metal, if you got something else send it over my way

Haven't heard Tyrant Of Death so I'll give that a go too! I think the only other good industrial BM album I've heard this year is Mescalin Massacre's 'Liquid, Soma, Death' and you've already mentioned the awesome N.K.V.D. ;]
30.08.2011 - 18:43
KwonVerge
Odysseus
elite
Ah, i got that shit somewhere i'll give it a listen sooner or later today
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.

Hits total: 4298 | This month: 4