Metal Storm logo
Michael Angelo Batio

18.05.2006 - 04:19
Aresius
Account deleted

Michael Angelo Batio is referred to as one of the fastest guitar shredders of all time...He attended Northeastern Illinois University and received a bachelor's degree in music theory and composition...He invented and was the world's first player of the twin-necked, left and right-handed double guitar (which he plays right or left-handed)...He is not ambidextrous, but he has taught himself to play two guitars at the same time (either in synchronized or separate harmonies)...Hmm...He invented the inverted hand guitar playing technique...He also invented and successfully played the very first "quad" guitar (but it was stolen)...Guitar One Magazine voted Michael the no. 1 Shredder of all time in their April 2003 issue...I think he is one of the best guitar players in the whole world, and I cant believe that he is not listed here on MS...I mean, look at all his accomplishments...Isnt that enough?

Some clips...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O-fmTWErPag&search=speed%20kills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1WpeHE-jI5U&search=michael%20angelo%20batio

What do you think?
18.05.2006 - 04:28
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Hell yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, my favorite guitarist (sorry, one of my favorites) Definetly the technique is his secret, i bought the clinic a few days ago and i love it
18.05.2006 - 14:05
Hyvaarin

He sure is impressive, but his music doesn't really mean anything to me. In my opinion, shredders like Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie, etc. do it much better (even though they mightn't be quite so fast).

Man, that made Becker et al sound slow haha.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
19.05.2006 - 22:56
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
I have seen some videos he is unbelievable, i agree he is an amazing guitarist and is very unknown concitering how much talent he possesses, its amazing, i saw him play it wasent even human, it was honestly one of the most abnormal things i have ever seen.
20.05.2006 - 04:37
Soliloquy

so what he's fast? ive heard some of his stuff, and a constant guitar solo with just him...common, the music needs more stuff. i dont know, i think he needs more rhythm. and believe he is the 2nd fastest shreder. 3rd being yngwei malmsteen..
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
20.05.2006 - 21:42
kakalokola

he is great , one of the most talented
but i hate his music ! i can't stand a song only solo ! i hate soloiests !
its ok to have a song with a solo
but not a song ALL OF IT IS A SOLO !! wierd huh
21.05.2006 - 01:03
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by kakalokola on 20.05.2006 at 21:42

he is great , one of the most talented
but i hate his music ! i can't stand a song only solo ! i hate soloiests !
its ok to have a song with a solo
but not a song ALL OF IT IS A SOLO !! wierd huh

It's interesting that a person gives his opinionabout a song, but think it, not only the songs that are solos are boring, or weird, i really think that is amazing listening a long solo...about the solo artists, well, some are very narcisists...
21.05.2006 - 23:44
Horlequism
Account deleted
That think that under over hand think that he does lightening fast with his hand is cool...I haven't really heard any of his music though...
22.05.2006 - 01:55
Jerk

He's talented no doubt. But I get bored of him. Just same shred stuff. I like his overhand sweeps though. That's wicked.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
22.05.2006 - 03:55
asis

oh yea he is one of the bests, i remember the 1st time i saw that speed kills video.. it's just incredible
----
22.05.2006 - 09:36
BlindedByFear
Account deleted
yeah i think Batio is a very fast and cool shredder, i really like the Speed Kills video too
22.05.2006 - 15:44
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
This man is a total jerk lol

He's so ridiculous!!! Yeah of course he is fast but what the heck? what is the point of playing a Quadruple guitar?

Plus he is so hideous lol his hair is always messed up he looks like my grandmother... Did you see his videos with his band Nitro? what a shame people...

You shouldn't always think a guitar player is good because he is fast... this man is just a freak!
22.05.2006 - 15:47
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
22.05.2006 - 16:58
Dam3k

This guy is good but is very repetitive indeed, that's why he isn't that famous at all... Vai, Van Halen, Petrucci or Satriani pwn him in technique
----

28.05.2006 - 05:06
asis

Written by Guest on 22.05.2006 at 15:44

Plus he is so hideous lol his hair is always messed up he looks like my grandmother...

hahah, i wish i had a grandmother that looks like michael angelo! that would be so cool
----
28.05.2006 - 17:12
Hyvaarin

Written by Dam3k on 22.05.2006 at 16:58

This guy is good but is very repetitive indeed, that's why he isn't that famous at all... Vai, Van Halen, Petrucci or Satriani pwn him in technique

Nah, he beats them with technique, but they all own him when it comes to feel.

IN MY (informed and correct ) OPINION
----
28.05.2006 - 17:59
Dam3k

Written by Hyvaarin on 28.05.2006 at 17:12

Man he HASN'T more technique he has more speed that's sure, everyone who see speed says! OMFG!! he's GOD! he has mega-technique and that's false, as I said that ones pwn him easly, this guy is great but just making 2 notes at 20000000000000000000000000 km/h won't go so far
----

29.05.2006 - 06:51
MetalSpider

He's got amazing skill but his music just sucks imo. I prefer someone like Joe Satriani who writes excellent music and can play the guitar like no other.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
29.05.2006 - 16:01
Hyvaarin

Written by Dam3k on 28.05.2006 at 17:59

Written by Hyvaarin on 28.05.2006 at 17:12

Man he HASN'T more technique he has more speed that's sure, everyone who see speed says! OMFG!! he's GOD! he has mega-technique and that's false, as I said that ones pwn him easly, this guy is great but just making 2 notes at 20000000000000000000000000 km/h won't go so far

Umm...MAB plays faster, and often more technical stuff than those guitarists, and he does it cleanly (from what I've been able to tell). That suggests pretty irrefutably that he's more of a technique-guy than those other guitarists. Especially Van Halen- he was a huge innovator, but gets left for dead by those other guys (in terms of technique)

Once again, though, I'll say that I much prefer all of the others to MAB, and think they all have pretty damn admirable technique.
----
29.05.2006 - 16:28
Dam3k

It's ok, we think different for me that guy hasn't more technique than the others... speed and technique are usually misunderstood, or confused...
----

07.08.2006 - 00:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know thos album ''Planet Gemini'' lest say if thay play that kind of music in disco and street cafes Im be glad, but ehh Ygwie Malmsteen, Joe satriani, why we need folowers, but if i try acept it how more blues rock then this guy rocks
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.08.2006 - 03:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Like people have said, he's amazingly talented but isn't a very good songwriter. I think all of these solo guitarists (Satriani, Vai, etc.) should be in legitamate thrash bands instead.
07.08.2006 - 03:51
Endoftherainbow

I wish Satriani, Vai, and Batio where in thrash bands
Yeah just like basically everyone else said this guy is one hell of a shredder but he cannot write a decent song. If he joined a good band his talent would be put to use but until then he's doing nothing but being fast.
29.06.2007 - 08:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Wow, alot of people dont seem to care for Batio in here at all. I love Batio, though ive only really heard his Nitro stuff.

oh yeah, sweet vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3x-pRIMArc
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.10.2007 - 02:02
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
I've seen some videos and wow, he's amazing. As far as I remember, he's the third fastest guitarist in the world, but I'm not sure, maybe he was the second? I don't know...
14.10.2007 - 23:57
Soliloquy

actaully, whatever i said about his before, i take all that back

i'm not saying that he's god or anything. but he is growing on to me. i guess you gotta spend time with his music. really liking his random neo-classical riffs/solos he throws at you every onces in a while.

plus, i'm liking his personality as well. i mean, majority of guitarists that are big and famous become such ass wholes! like malmsteen for example. but this guy, from his interviews and stuff, seems to be very approachable, down to earth, and modest. sure, hes fast. sure hes technical. sure, he has a dead dog sitting on his head, acting like his hair. but he never really shows it off when the guitar isnt infront of him

oh, and about his technicality. sweeping wise, he wins hands down. but if you slow down his stuff, and pick up a guitar, you should be able to pull off his songs. it may take you a year to learn one song, as he has so many fucking things to fret over in a 10 second clip...but it isnt too hard. atleast not for me, and i'm FAR from being 'good'
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
22.05.2008 - 11:44
vatro
Account deleted
Ok he maybe is the fastest player on the world but his speed doesn't mean anything
to me.I think Steve Vai is much better than him
22.05.2008 - 11:50
Smurfophagist

Written by Guest on 22.05.2008 at 11:44

Ok he maybe is the fastest player on the world but his speed doesn't mean anything
to me.I think Steve Vai is much better than him

Agreed. He has great technique, perhaps the best in the world. For him guitar playing is a sports discipline. It does not change the fact that, as a true musician or as an artist, him and his band are uncreative, and therefore, suck ass.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
04.06.2008 - 06:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
michael angelo is an animal. beast mode en perpetua. i'd pick him most times if there were ever guitar god duels. there are only a few people who i would pick over him but for the most part michael angelo outshreds most people.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.08.2008 - 01:29
Iron Priest

Chris Impellitteri owns MAB. I don't care if he came 2nd to him in a magazine. Chris has way more interesting and catchy songs. Forget about his fast songs like Spanish Fire, and 17th Century Chicken Pickin', but songs like Fly Away which happens to be my favourite riff ever.