Metal Storm logo
Metallica & Lou Reed - Reveal Album Cover Art

The musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica, entitled Lulu, will be released on November 1 in North America via Warner Bros. Records and one day earlier (October 31) in the rest of the world through Universal Music.

The cover artwork Lulu can be seen below.

The CD was co-produced by Reed, Metallica, Hal Willner ? who has produced albums for Reed, Marianne Faithfull, and Laurie Anderson, among others ? and Greg Fidelman. Fidelman also mixed the record.

A total of 10 tracks will appear on the final record. Confirmed songtitles so far include: "Brandenburg Gate", "Frustration", "The View", "Cheat On Me", "Junior Dad", "Little Dog", "Mistress Dread" and "Pumping Blood".

The idea for these two giants of modern music to work together was born after the 25th anniversary Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame concerts in New York City in October 2009. Metallica played with Reed on The Velvet Underground classics "Sweet Jane" and "White Light/White Heat".

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 04.09.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 457 users
05.09.2011 - 14:04
Yavanna

WTF? Metallica must be joking us... I really cannot believe they are doing this
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
05.09.2011 - 14:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Yavanna on 05.09.2011 at 14:04

Why is it so hard to believe? It's Metallica we're talking about, not a conservative black/death metal band or something like that.
----
05.09.2011 - 14:12
Yavanna

Written by Warman on 05.09.2011 at 14:10

Written by Yavanna on 05.09.2011 at 14:04

Why is it so hard to believe?

Maybe Because it sounds quite ridiculous?
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
05.09.2011 - 14:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Yavanna on 05.09.2011 at 14:12

Maybe Because it sounds quite ridiculous?

I'll make up my mind when I first hear it.
----
05.09.2011 - 19:53
Swamphell

Am sure ts gonna be a holy crap....
06.09.2011 - 01:00
Garth Vader

If history is any indication, I'll not hold my breath.
----
Now I so clearly see how I have murdered me
06.09.2011 - 08:29
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
So Me should abandon all my hopes of getting another record like Death magnetic??????????? Well atleast it was listenable and pretty gooD!!!!
09.09.2011 - 18:36
moribun

But it's Metallica and that's what makes an album worth listening
(Meh, the artwork looks too simple to be official)
11.09.2011 - 00:21
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
...and I still don't know who or what is Lou Reed.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
11.09.2011 - 00:28
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Daggon on 11.09.2011 at 00:21

...and I still don't know who or what is Lou Reed.

12.09.2011 - 02:57
Dominus
The Shooter

12.09.2011 - 05:45
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
@Void Eater: Well, not bad at all, but a cooperation with Metallica... I'm afraid of the results of this
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
13.09.2011 - 20:27
ADIresiduos

Death Magnetic was kind of a comeback for Metallica to their heavy side, but this? i think it will be like going backwards....... again. I guess being millionaires gives them the freedom to try everything out, even if it lets down all of their fans (of the heavy Metallica)
14.09.2011 - 11:27
moribun

I do hope it wouldn't happen!
16.09.2011 - 13:24
afu

Written by ADIresiduos on 13.09.2011 at 20:27

Death Magnetic was kind of a comeback for Metallica to their heavy side, but this? i think it will be like going backwards....... again. I guess being millionaires gives them the freedom to try everything out, even if it lets down all of their fans (of the heavy Metallica)

No. Being musicians gives them the chance to break out of the mold. Most people are predictable that they expect the same shit every time. As an artist, I know that boundaries need to be pushed and i respect when a band decides to stretch out. That's not to say I agree with everything they've done, but a collaboration with Lou Reed is at least pushing a boundary,
19.09.2011 - 00:47
RavenKing

Written by moribun on 09.09.2011 at 18:36

Maybe for you. As for me, I would prefer to touch a leprous or someone suffering from the black death than anything in which Metallica are involved. They're the greatest disgrace to metal ever.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
19.09.2011 - 00:53
@gent_-_orange

Written by RavenKing on 19.09.2011 at 00:47

Maybe for you. As for me, I would prefer to touch a leprous or someone suffering from the black death than anything in which Metallica are involved. They're the greatest disgrace to metal ever.

I sort of agree with this, I mean I respect them for their influential early albums but this band has done nothing worthwhile for over 20 years, Like Iron Maiden they survive off their name and are past their sell by date.
19.09.2011 - 01:33
Void Eater
Account deleted

What is this I don't even...
23.09.2011 - 02:06
ANGEL REAPER

Written by RavenKing on 19.09.2011 at 00:47

there there...we have seen even bigger disgrace to metal than Metallica over the years...so i partially agree with you on this one...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
14.10.2011 - 19:07
ADIresiduos

Written by afu on 16.09.2011 at 13:24

Written by ADIresiduos on 13.09.2011 at 20:27

No. Being musicians gives them the chance to break out of the mold. Most people are predictable that they expect the same shit every time. As an artist, I know that boundaries need to be pushed and i respect when a band decides to stretch out. That's not to say I agree with everything they've done, but a collaboration with Lou Reed is at least pushing a boundary,

I agree on the musicianship part, but I am a fan of the heavy Metallica (black album and previous ones). Good for them to try different things, if they enjoy it for sure some people will also enjoy it.
In this particular case, about the music being predictable, I believe that even if their music was going to be somewhat predictable album after album, at the end it really wasn't: Kill 'Em All, RTL, MOP, AJFA, black album and DM; all of these are metal albums but each one has their own particular sound and vibe, none of them sound alike. I guess I'm just part of the bunch that kept away from the Metallica phenomenon after the black album until Death Magnetic arrived; and now it seems like it's going to be "keep away" time again ... hoping it's going to be for a short perido of time .
20.10.2011 - 14:06
Big-Al

Death magnetic was shit too.
----

I drink moosepiss

Hits total: 5388 | This month: 7