Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse - Enters The Studio

US death metallers Cannibal Corpse has begun recording their twelfth studio album at Sonic Ranch studios in Texas with producer Erik Rutan. The band has spent months writing the album and has recorded at Sonic Ranch in the past, but never with Rutan at the helm. More details on the album, including art, songs, title and more will be revealed in the months to follow. For now, the band is hard at work forging their next death metal offering.

Bassist Alex Webster adds: "After having spent the past 7 months writing and rehearsing new material, we're very excited to finally begin recording. We've had great success working with Erik Rutan on our past two albums so we've decided to work with him again, but to keep things fresh we decided on a change of location - we're returning to Sonic Ranch studios in Texas, where we've recorded several albums in the past. We are psyched to see how this combination works out- we feel it's pairing that could result in our best album yet."

Erik Rutan worked with Cannibal Corpse for both Kill (2006) and Evisceration Plague (2009) and is returning for a third time.

Rutan explains further: "I am super excited to work with Cannibal Corpse for our 3rd album together. We are determined to make the best album we possibly can. Everyone is very focused and the new material is awesome. There is a great blend of classic, old school CC with a newer, more heavy, dynamic and aggressive approach. I look forward to the challenge of making one heavy as hell record!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cannibal Corpse
Posted: 06.09.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 138 users
06.09.2011 - 20:15
Ankläger

Is it too late in their career to give us something a little different?
Can't say I'm really excited about this. They've become the very definition of generic death metal.
06.09.2011 - 20:17
JD
Account deleted
Great news! I'm looking forward to this one.
06.09.2011 - 20:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Hell fucking Yeahh!! Br00tal death Metallers hit the studio..!! Great news and will really look forward for that.
06.09.2011 - 21:08
Kingface

Be interesting to see how it ends up comparing to the last couple of albums, Kill was fantastic but the last album just seemed like a slightly inferior version of the album before it.
06.09.2011 - 22:35
Lonniehaskel

I wonder if they're capable of writing something that isn't mid-paced generic death metal nowadays.
07.09.2011 - 00:00
Sean 79

Written by Ankläger on 06.09.2011 at 20:15

Can't say I'm really excited about this. They've become the very definition of generic death metal.

Written by Lonniehaskel on 06.09.2011 at 22:35

I wonder if they're capable of writing something that isn't mid-paced generic death metal nowadays.

This whole GENERIC term is starting to get on my nerves. All bands are generic because they belong to a particular GENRE. Personally i can't wait to hear the new generic masterpiece.
07.09.2011 - 01:16
a MasT

Written by Sean 79 on 07.09.2011 at 00:00

Written by Ankläger on 06.09.2011 at 20:15

This whole GENERIC term is starting to get on my nerves. All bands are generic because they belong to a particular GENRE. Personally i can't wait to hear the new generic masterpiece.

Ya um, has anyone paid attention to the evolution in their albums? The technicality of their material? They are pioneers of death metal, their imitaters are the generic. Wtf is the definition of innovative death metal: Fleshgod? The new Morbid Angel?!? Fuckin please. This is death metal: Detuned. No Keyboards. No Synth. No clean vocal. Don't like it? Try another genre.
07.09.2011 - 01:19
@gent_-_orange

Generic Nowadays? IMO it has always been so for the corpse (even the bands "classics"). Most likely will be nothing different with this new record, It will probably please the fans though.
07.09.2011 - 02:03
Neuroku

As long as it's better than Eviseration Plague. I didn't feel that album
07.09.2011 - 03:40
Septicfish

Regardless of what others say, CC will always be here to play. I'm quite pleased they have not disbanded, and I'm looking forward to album No.12
----
Ave Lucifer cornuta Magnus, Sanctus Satanas, dator vitae aeternae et signifer libero.
07.09.2011 - 04:31
Lonniehaskel

Either way, they haven't written anything exciting in years. I should probably have replaced "generic" with "fade-into-the-background bland". But this is just my opinion as a decade-long fan.
07.09.2011 - 07:13
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
RRRRAWWWRRR CANNIBAL CORPSE.

Bring it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.09.2011 - 08:24
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
Ya..........i saw this yesterday....and got immediately stoked.....but i think this will b released next year
07.09.2011 - 10:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Neuroku on 07.09.2011 at 02:03

As long as it's better than Eviseration Plague. I didn't feel that album

Agreed. Aside from "Priests Of Sodom", "Scalding Hail", and "Carnivorous Swarm", it was a very unmemorable album for me. It was such a disappointment after "KILL", which was such an awesome album. I definitely hope the new one will be quite a bit better than "Evisceration Plague"....
07.09.2011 - 13:40
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Mad Mike on 06.09.2011 at 21:47

CC is one of those bands that I think should just stick to what they do best, and that is being a straightforward, in-your-face death metal band with the complete absence of bullshit. As I've said before, they're the AC/DC of death metal, there is no point in getting rid of the formula they've used since their inception if the music they're making is still great, which it is. And earlier this year we all learned what could happen if a legendary death metal band tries to reinvent themselves...

Anywho, I'm looking forward to this release, because I already know what I'm in for, and that's kickass death metal tunes!

You are not the real Captain Obvious.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
07.09.2011 - 14:41
Slayer666

Yaaay, more ultra-generic death metal!
We definitely don't have enough of that nowadays.
07.09.2011 - 19:28
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 07.09.2011 at 14:41

Yaaay, more ultra-generic death metal!
We definitely don't have enough of that nowadays.

07.09.2011 - 19:52
Layne Blood

CC Start Workin on a new bloody album thats is a great bloody news what we can expect from our favorite death metal band Cannibal Corpse ..a Massive Aggressive Attack full Gory Brutal Album cant wait to hear the sound of Brutal again by CC .../M\
08.09.2011 - 06:27
enemy yv

FUCK YES! FUCK THE HATERS! CC Have the best live show hands down. Nothing fancy just in your fucking face perfecttion from beginning to end. Corpsgrinder - best death vocalist. Pat O'Brian easily one of the best metal guitarists of all time. FUCK YESS I CANT FUCKING WAIT!
09.09.2011 - 11:26
Sammol

Generic Death Metal!
09.09.2011 - 12:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by a MasT on 07.09.2011 at 01:16
Ya um, has anyone paid attention to the evolution in their albums? The technicality of their material? They are pioneers of death metal, their imitaters are the generic. Wtf is the definition of innovative death metal: Fleshgod? The new Morbid Angel?!? Fuckin please. This is death metal: Detuned. No Keyboards. No Synth. No clean vocal. Don't like it? Try another genre.

Totally agree. Anyone who thinks they are "generic" and that there hasn't been any musical evolution on their albums really are in need of their ears syringed! It's the same as idiots saying "all Slayer songs sound the same". I've always shook my head at stupid comments like that.
09.09.2011 - 21:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.09.2011 at 12:39

Totally agree. Anyone who thinks they are "generic" and that there hasn't been any musical evolution on their albums really are in need of their ears syringed! It's the same as idiots saying "all Slayer songs sound the same". I've always shook my head at stupid comments like that.

Since when is musical evolution the same as not being generic? Cannibal Corpse has always sounded generic to me. Some great songs indeed and I won't deny that there are difference in their albums, but still.. generic.

Written by a MasT on 07.09.2011 at 01:16
Wtf is the definition of innovative death metal: Fleshgod? The new Morbid Angel?!? Fuckin please.

Ulcerate.
Also bands like Owls, Mitochondrion and even Portal or Impetuous Ritual are trying to bring a little more to the genre that is having some hard times atm... Same can't be said about Cannibal Corpse.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2011 - 21:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.09.2011 at 21:22
Since when is musical evolution the same as not being generic? Cannibal Corpse has always sounded generic to me. Some great songs indeed and I won't deny that there are difference in their albums, but still.. generic.

You may find highly technical, intricate riffs "generic", but I for one certainly do not...
09.09.2011 - 21:29
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.09.2011 at 21:26

Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.09.2011 at 21:22

You may find highly technical, intricate riffs "generic", but I for one certainly do not...

When you find tons of metal bands doing the same thing I sure as hell do. Extra points for funny lyrics and artwork but that's about it.
You didn't seem to get the point though. Even if you don't find them generic you can't just go by the logic "Musical evolution = not being generic".
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2011 - 21:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.09.2011 at 21:29
When you find tons of metal bands doing the same thing I sure as hell do. Extra points for funny lyrics and artwork but that's about it.

Well, if the criteria for not being generic is being truly unique, then I'd say maybe 2%-3% of bands in all metal genres aren't generic. In which case, the barrage of criticsm Cannibal Corpse recieve for being "generic", is a bit lopsided, and unfair. As many other bands who are equally as generic, and even more so, are not criticised so heavily for that. I'd say Cannibal Corpse's standing as possibly the most popular death metal band is actually behind most of the bashing, although obviously most would never openly admit to doing that... lol
09.09.2011 - 21:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Quote:
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.09.2011 at 21:35

Well, if the criteria for not being generic is being truly unique, then I'd say maybe 2%-3% of bands in all metal genres aren't generic.

Ha! Damn right you are!... There are hardly any original bands anymore, there are plenty of good bands but really doing their own thing? No.
So yeah, 2-3% seems pretty right to me

Quote:
As many other bands who are equally as generic, and even more so, are not criticised so heavily for that.

Well, their cows aren't that dry yet.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2011 - 21:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.09.2011 at 21:39
Ha! Damn right you are!... There are hardly any original bands anymore, there are plenty of good bands but really doing their own thing? No.
So yeah, 2-3% seems pretty right to me

Hehe, yeah well... the more time goes on, the harder and harder it becomes for a band to be truly unique genre wise, as it's just about all been done before. And yep, you don't have to be original to be a great band, or to make good music. To me, good music is good music, whether it's original or not. lol

Quote:
Well, their cows aren't that dry yet.

What does that mean? Ive never heard of that term..
09.09.2011 - 22:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.09.2011 at 21:56

To me, good music is good music, whether it's original or not. lol

I won't argue with that of course.. I just argue when people call such bands non-generic because I'm very anal with words you know?

Quote:

What does that mean? Ive never heard of that term..

In this case I say it just because I feel that Cannibal Corpse have done everything they could have done.
----
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 3469 | This month: 2