Metal Storm logo
Krisiun - New Album Details

Brazilian death metallers Krisiun will release their new album, The Great Execution, on October 31 in Europe and November 1 in North America via Century Media Records.

The band's eighth studio CD "musically expands Krisiun trademark high-speed death metal violence with a heavily increased amount of diversity ranging from extreme tempo variations over distinct rhythm patterns to clean guitars and even Flamenco parts!" according to a press release.

Krisiun only used analog gear and instruments this time to avoid the compressed sound that so many musicians produce today. This wise decision resulted in a more organic sound, with the songs on The Great Execution possessing both warmth and rawness, which are so often lost through digital production. The low end is deeper, with drums that pound instead of bounce and guitar tones that sear rather than hiss.

Vocalist/Bassist Alex Camargo says: "With our new record we managed to capture the sound and the vibe that we were always looking for."

Going back to Stage One Studio in Germany and working with producer Andy Classen again was the right choice: the album came out with a very distinctive and natural sound, shattering the boundaries of the style once more.

The cover artwork was created by Japanese artist Toshihiro Egawa who has been doing tons of great designs for acts like Suicide Silence, Heaven Shall Burn, Devourment and Dying Fetus, among others.

The Great Execution will be available as a limited-edition digipack including a re-recorded version of the classic Krisiun song "Black Force Domain" as a bonus track, as a 180-gram gatefold vinyl and as a digital download.

Classen previously worked with Krisiun on the Conquerors Of Armageddon (1999), AssasiNation (2005) and Southern Storm (2008) releases.

The Great Execution tracklist:

01. The Will To Potency
02. Blood Of Lions
03. The Great Execution
04. Descending Abomination
05. The Extremist
06. The Sword Of Orion
07. Violentia Gladiatore
08. Rise And Confront
09. Extinção Em Massa
10. Shadows Of Betrayal

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Krisiun
Posted: 08.09.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 71 users
08.09.2011 - 20:49
psykometal
A staff guy...
Oh man fukng awesome news!!! Cant wait for this to drop...or leak ;-)
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

08.09.2011 - 21:09
MetalDoomMaster

This sounds awesome. Analog is amazing.
08.09.2011 - 22:12
JD
Account deleted
Great, I'm looking forward to it too. The cover suck by the way.
08.09.2011 - 22:33
Rulatore

I loved the cover and the album title, cant wait for it !!
09.09.2011 - 00:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hell yeah! Flamenco death metal! I'm sold.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.09.2011 - 04:16
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Nice. I'm curious about this.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.09.2011 - 08:28
BudDa

In my opinion, this band has a knack of writing brutal but at the same time very catchy riffs. I love that about them. Please, Krisiun, more of the same...please..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
09.09.2011 - 13:36
Orphan Saint
Account deleted
This is going to rock! Can't wait!

Hits total: 3035 | This month: 8