Metal Storm logo
Adagio - Announce New Singer And Guitarist Solo Album Update

The French dark progressive metal band Adagio announced their new singer to be Kelly Sundown Carpenter (Outworld, Beyond Twilight, Darkology). After the departure of Christian Palin, Adagio were helped out by Mats Leven (Yngwie Malmsteen, Krux, Therion, At Vance, Fatal Force, Firewind). The band comments that Mats was never meant to be a permanent member, which was mutually understood, and they appreciate his help on tour.

Both the band and the newly announced singer are very excited to start cooperating together, which has been their wish since the 2007 Japanese tour, on which Mr. Carpenter did the vocals. Due to the fact that he was living in Texas at the time, Kelly could not join Adagio, but now that he has moved to Belgium, it has become possible. The band has recorded four songs with the new line-up for the new album to be released next year.

The band has also mentioned that "definitely with this guy, the Underworld (the band's second album) is coming back at you".

Read the full updates on the band's Facebook: here and here.

In other news, Stephan Forte, the band's guitar player has recently signed a worldwide deal with Listenable Records, where his debut solo album The Shadows Compendium will be released.

The tracklist and guests of The Shadows Compendium have been announced over here.

Also, check out Stephan Forte's newly-launched website: http://stephanforte.org/ and listen to "De Praestigiis Daemonum," a song from The Shadows Compendium at this location.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Adagio
Posted: 09.09.2011 by K?ulu

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 100 users
09.09.2011 - 11:40
BudDa

"De Praestigiis Daemonum", a single off that album is streaming on his facebook page
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
09.09.2011 - 14:16
Felezion

Holy shit! My expectations for their next album rose by quite a lot. He did a good job on their tour in Japan but with stronger songs than those of Dominate to do Kelly's voice any justice, I think Adagio will be a cracking act to look out for again.
09.09.2011 - 14:55
bazinko

This is the best news! I love Kelly so much. I hoped he would join after hearing about that Japan tour he did with them. I hope he has some sort of creative input in this endeavor. Also, I've always wished for Kelly to find a musical home -- he's contributed in so many different bands that go nowhere. But I guess this doesn't give much hope for Darkology's future. Oh well. I'm excited nonetheless!
09.09.2011 - 18:31
Crazy Booduh

Holy crap, I too had hoped he would join after their 2007 tour. Kelly is one of my favorites.

That track off of Stephan Forte's solo album is killer too! If he can bring that kind of heat back to Adagio...oh man.
09.09.2011 - 18:44
MetalSpider

Awesome! Kelly has one hell of a voice. This should be interesting!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.09.2011 - 08:14
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Pretty nice news, he has a damn nice and powerful voice. But when I read "Outworld" I automatically associated with Carlos Zema... Now THAT would be brutally awesome.

Pretty interesting that Stephan's releasing a solo album. Looking forward to it, the song on Facebook sounds great.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
10.09.2011 - 23:28
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh, I thought Mats Leven would sing in their next album, seems like my expectations are not too high now.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
28.12.2011 - 00:06
renai

Yes, stephan forte solo album release a while ago , not much news on metal storm I guess, here little information on this blog : http://metalharem.blogspot.com/2011/12/stephen-forte-shadow-compendium-2011.html
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/

Hits total: 4394 | This month: 3