Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - New Album Artwork And Tracklisting Revealed

Megadeth have revealed their new album Th1rt3en tracklist and artwork, which was once again created by artist John Lorenzi, who worked on the last two Megadeth studio albums, 2007's United Abominations and 2009's Endgame, as well as the band's 2007 box set, Warchest. You can pre-order the album now at this location, and get a limited-edition version that comes on double picture disc vinyl. The new single, "Public Enemy No. 1" is now available for streaming over here.

Th1rt3en tracklist and cover art:

01. Sudden Death
02. Public Enemy No. 1
03. Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
04. We The People
05. Guns, Drugs & Money
06. Never Dead
07. New World Order
08. Fast Lane
09. Black Swan
10. Wrecker
11. Millennium Of The Blind
12. Deadly Nightshade
13. 13

[Also thanks to Void Eater, and Cynic Metalhead for sending in this news!]

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 09.09.2011 by Dominus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 44   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 455 users
09.09.2011 - 14:00
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Vic's back is turned to us, so is he leaving? I hope not. Quite a beautiful cover.
09.09.2011 - 14:13
BudDa

Written by Guest on 09.09.2011 at 14:00

Vic's back is turned to us, so is he leaving? I hope not. Quite a beautiful cover.

+1
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
09.09.2011 - 14:32
Athropos
Burning inside
Written by Guest on 09.09.2011 at 14:00

Vic's back is turned to us, so is he leaving?

Mustaine labels every album as his last one...
09.09.2011 - 14:51
bazinko

New World Order and Millenium of the Blind?! Wow... that's surprising. Is he running out of that creative spark? Haha. My interest is further piqued by this...
09.09.2011 - 15:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
God, what a shoddy looking cover. Photoshop is the enemy of modern cover art.
09.09.2011 - 15:40
Aluminum Alloy

"Deadly Nightshade".... that couldn't be a STS cover could it?
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
09.09.2011 - 15:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 09.09.2011 at 15:35

I also found the cover art quite distasteful, meh.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2011 - 16:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Aluminum Alloy on 09.09.2011 at 15:40

"Deadly Nightshade".... that couldn't be a STS cover could it?

I find that highly unlikely... anyways, having 3 old songs (4 if you include "Sudden Death") on a new studio album is more than enough already, without there being covers on the album as well!
09.09.2011 - 16:32
vezzy
Stallmanite
Illuminati symbols everywhere.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
09.09.2011 - 16:35
fabregassed
Account deleted
As much as I love Megadeth, I can't help but feel this is going to suck. I found Sudden Death and Public enemy pretty boring.
09.09.2011 - 16:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.09.2011 at 15:43

Written by Guest on 09.09.2011 at 15:35

I also found the cover art quite distasteful, meh.

Not nearly as bad as the last one.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.09.2011 - 16:39
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Mediocre artwork. It fits the music so far. The single is pure crap.
09.09.2011 - 16:39
Milena
gloom cookie
I actually like the cover.
----
7.0 means the album is good
09.09.2011 - 16:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Doc G. on 09.09.2011 at 16:37

I have to agree on that, doesn't make this artwork any better though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2011 - 16:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.09.2011 at 16:40

Written by Doc G. on 09.09.2011 at 16:37

I have to agree on that, doesn't make this artwork any better though.

Endgame barely looked like a FEMA camp line.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
09.09.2011 - 17:17
Mad Mike

What's with the candles? Did Dave go goth?

Anways, as long as it doesn't sound like Risk, I'll be satisfied...
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
09.09.2011 - 18:52
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
I'm pretty sure this is going to be awesome. Screw the haters.
09.09.2011 - 20:21
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Wasn't Black Swan a bonus track on the Japanese version of United Abominations or something?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.09.2011 - 21:07
bazinko

Written by Auntie Sahar on 09.09.2011 at 20:21

Wasn't Black Swan a bonus track on the Japanese version of United Abominations or something?

You're right! I missed that. I really like that song too... but what the hell. That's the third track that's already been released...
09.09.2011 - 21:22
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Nope, "Black Swan" wasn't a Japanese bonus. lol It was a pre order bonus if you bought the album ("United Abominations") through their official website.

Written by bazinko on 09.09.2011 at 21:07
You're right! I missed that. I really like that song too... but what the hell. That's the third track that's already been released...

It's actually the 4th track that's already been released... "Sudden Death" was released as a single last year, as well as being included on Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock.
09.09.2011 - 22:02
Zap
Ugly cover, shitty song, oh dear...
09.09.2011 - 22:11
JakeTheSage

The singles so far have sounded really good, if a little stale in light of how much Dave's been recycling sounds lately.

This is their last record under the current contract, which Dave says he isn't interested in renewing. I don't know if that means he'll be retiring or just picking up a new deal somewhere. He seems really proud of this and I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to make it his swan song.
10.09.2011 - 01:31
iMorphball

We've heard a good few songs off this record so far, -technically-. I'm excited to see the rerecordings of Millenium of the Blind and New World Order! Public Enemy and Sudden Death are great songs, and Black Swan is a great song, too.

I'm excited for this album.
10.09.2011 - 06:32
redbackrecordz

Well obviously all the people who dont like the artwork or track list know everything about art, music and photoshop! Ha Ha what idiots! Who cares if its done in photoshop or a drawing by a 10 year old kid, im sure Megadeth dont give a shit about your moronic opinions anyway but why do we have to endure them too! If you dont have anything of any intelligence to say, dont bother! If your not a fan, dont listen or look. Leave the space for people who do like it, theres enough negativity in this world already thanks! Personally, I love the artwork and cant wait to hear the new album whether its got old songs or new ones, so stay metal or F..K OFF!
10.09.2011 - 11:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by redbackrecordz on 10.09.2011 at 06:32

Well obviously all the people who dont like the artwork or track list know everything about art, music and photoshop! Ha Ha what idiots! Who cares if its done in photoshop or a drawing by a 10 year old kid, im sure Megadeth dont give a shit about your moronic opinions anyway but why do we have to endure them too! If you dont have anything of any intelligence to say, dont bother! If your not a fan, dont listen or look. Leave the space for people who do like it, theres enough negativity in this world already thanks! Personally, I love the artwork and cant wait to hear the new album whether its got old songs or new ones, so stay metal or F..K OFF!

So just because you don't agree with an opinion that makes it "moronic"? Please, grow up! Being a fan doesn't mean you have to praise every single thing they do you know. And I fail to see how not liking the artwork or taking issue with the tracklist is somehow a proclamation of "knowing everything" about art/music. I suppose the people who do like it don't fall into that category? Yay, double standards ahoy!

Being a real fan means giving your genuine, honest opinion about said band's work. Praising all a band's work purely because it is them isn't being a fan, it's being a sheep. Just because I don't think the artwork is amazing (although it is quite a bit better than the "Endgame" artwork!), and I widened my eyes a bit at seeing so many old songs being on the album, doesn't stop me from being a fan of Megadeth. And if you think it does, you have no inkling of what it means to be a true fan of music.
10.09.2011 - 12:16
R'Vannith
ghedengi
The cover isn't terrible, also if you look close enough you can make out Vic's face in the centre. As for the song.. pretty standard fare I guess but solid nonetheless. If they can deliver an album full of such songs I'd be content.
10.09.2011 - 12:35
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by R'Vannith on 10.09.2011 at 12:16

The cover isn't terrible, also if you look close enough you can make out Vic's face in the centre.

Hey, well spotted! I never noticed that... Although his face has been hidden on a couple of their other album covers as well. And yep, the cover isn't terrible, its definitely superior to the "Endgame" cover, which was awful...
10.09.2011 - 12:50
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Angelic Storm on 10.09.2011 at 12:35

Written by R'Vannith on 10.09.2011 at 12:16

The cover isn't terrible, also if you look close enough you can make out Vic's face in the centre.

Hey, well spotted! I never noticed that... Although his face has been hidden on a couple of their other album covers as well. And yep, the cover isn't terrible, its definitely superior to the "Endgame" cover, which was awful...

Yeah it's much better than Endgame, I think it's quite a decent album cover myself, the best one in quite a while at least.
10.09.2011 - 16:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by R'Vannith on 10.09.2011 at 12:50
Yeah it's much better than Endgame, I think it's quite a decent album cover myself, the best one in quite a while at least.

It's the best cover since "The System Has Failed", and at least Vic is properly on ther cover this time! lol

However, looking at other artwork that will be featured on the vinyl special edition, I really think this one would have been better as the actual cover:

This one also great too! (and clever! if you look closely, you can see that each symbol represents each one of Megadeth's albums) xD

And here's another one...

10.09.2011 - 16:53
Fredd
Account deleted
Those candles do not fit in, imo

Hits total: 12238 | This month: 7