Metal Storm logo
Finntroll - To Release Special Edition Of Latest Album

Finnish black/folk metallers Finntroll have set their latest release Nifelvind to be reissued as a limited tour edition with three, unreleased bonus cover tracks of Metallica, Pet Shop Boys and Oingo Boingo for their upcoming headliner tour with Finnish battle metallers Turisas.

Henri Urponpoika "Trollhorn" Sorvali comments "Insects (Oingo Boingo)": "Because we don't know how to play funky horn sections, we replaced them with Kazoos and various squeaky bladders. And instead of slap bass, we slapped the crap out of various ethnic percussions. Now - when an uncivilized brute in a Finntroll-shirt will ask you what the living insect is this Oingo Boingo, you can always answer "It's the band Finntroll made famous by doing a cover version of one of their songs".

No, there is absolutely nothing else in this band worth mentioning, trust me. No famous composers, orchestrators or anything used to play in this band. No huge world tours, movie soundtracks, stunning videos, incredible visuality, nothing. This band or none of its members other works have never affected Finntroll anyway, and I strongly suggest you to not ever check it out and stick with Slayer instead."

Source: swedenmetal.se
Band profile: Finntroll
Posted: 08.09.2011 by Panzerchrist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 47 users
09.09.2011 - 15:07
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
WTF! why??? I don't see the point of this
09.09.2011 - 17:28
Milena
gloom cookie
Love their sarcasm
----
7.0 means the album is good
11.09.2011 - 07:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I wonder which Pet Shop Boys song they're gonna do. Otherwise, I have zero interest in this.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2797 | This month: 3