Metal Storm logo
C-187

04.10.2006 - 03:49
Markku
Account deleted
I present C-187...

..which is a new project by Patrick Mameli(ex- Pestilence), it also features Tony Choy(ex- Pestilence, -Cynic and Atheist) on bass and Sean Reinert(ex-Cynic, Aeon Spoke, ex-Aghora).
That's hell of line up, ain't it

There a songs available on the Pestilence fansite which is linked on their profile in MS!!!

It's really difficult to describe the music. It's technical, jazzy yet heavy enough , it features occasional rap vocals.

So if you seek something fresh orginal and technical this stuff is for you!!

Any information of the band's status is more than welcome as there isn't much info moving around
04.10.2006 - 06:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Rap? Turntables? Man, I don't know if I want to check it out!
04.10.2006 - 07:20
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 04.10.2006 at 06:25

Rap? Turntables? Man, I don't know if I want to check it out!

I guess you haven't heard Mordred either.
Metal and rap can actually blend without sounding total crap. Just give it a try before you judge it.
25.12.2006 - 13:27
ylside

C-187 ! I've heard the songs you told me (only the instrumental ones actually), Great music, C-187 is exactly what could Pestilence sound like if they continued in the vein of Spheres.
27.12.2006 - 02:24
Markku
Account deleted
Glad you liked 'em. Lots of great suff pouring out from the Netherlands lately. Can't wait for the album. heard they'll hit the studio in sometime February.
28.12.2006 - 05:36
Mandrake Scream

Heard the songs..quite good, pretty good music and that hip-hop fussion is an interesting fact. I think its worth the while giving them a try if you're fond of music like Atheist. Although I think some of the songs sound much alike....but still, a pretty good idea this C-187 stuff... Totally worth the while giving them a try IMO.
22.02.2007 - 00:58
Markku
Account deleted
20.04.2007 - 02:36
Markku
Account deleted
The band will be touring in autumn, I can't wait. Hail on Gangstametal lol
20.04.2007 - 12:08
ylside

Great, I just thought C-187 would be on hold for more time. Good news. Hope somone catches a video somewhere
04.07.2007 - 01:13
Markku
Account deleted
04.07.2007 - 16:48
Mindheist
No Longer Human
I have recently listened to some C-187. Great music, a sweet combination between Atheist, Cynic, Pestilence and Aeon Spoke. I'll download every single piece of their magic.
05.07.2007 - 19:51
Pinusar
Account deleted
I had never heard of them before, but it sounds interesting, at least by the line-up and band-members. I haven't listened to any of their songs yet but I plan to do it in a short time. Hope it will be something really good. Although rap style vocals don't sound like a too good idea to me, and I would probably prefer something like Van Drunen's on Consuming impulse, but I won't judge before I hear(because I haven't heard very much of rap anyway) and hope it will break my prejudices and turn out to be amazing.

What does this C-187 mean????
05.07.2007 - 20:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 05.07.2007 at 19:51

and I would probably prefer something like Van Drunen's on Consuming impulse,

The go and check out Hail of Bullets when it is released for he is in that bandtogether with Ed Warby and Stephan Gebedi amongst others.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.07.2007 - 22:14
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 05.07.2007 at 19:51

I had never heard of them before, but it sounds interesting, at least by the line-up and band-members. I haven't listened to any of their songs yet but I plan to do it in a short time. Hope it will be something really good. Although rap style vocals don't sound like a too good idea to me, and I would probably prefer something like Van Drunen's on Consuming impulse, but I won't judge before I hear(because I haven't heard very much of rap anyway) and hope it will break my prejudices and turn out to be amazing.

What does this C-187 mean????

No rap vocals anymore, although if performed professionally they would have been better than the current hardcore style, imho. C-187 means murder in US police code.
05.07.2007 - 22:34
Darkside Momo
Retired
You've probably read the Atheist interview... If not, you should, for there's good news inside about C-187
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"