Metal Storm logo
Therion - Lori Lewis Gets Permanent Status

We are happy to announce that Lori Lewis have obtained permanent status in Therion. She has been a fantastic partner of the band being a great friend and making the best operatic performance known to the metal world for several years. Now she will also be an active part of the creative process behind the making of our future releases. We know fans will agree when we say she is one of a kind and have a natural place in the band now and in the future.

Source: megatherion.com
Band profile: Therion
Posted: 11.09.2011 by Enissa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 177 users
11.09.2011 - 23:29
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Good news I love her since I've first heard Aesma Daeva's last record
12.09.2011 - 00:04
athena
"making the best operatic performance known to the metal world for several years"

Agreed
12.09.2011 - 00:05
velvet
Fantastic, her vocals really do put most others to shame and are pitch perfect live. Wonderment!
12.09.2011 - 00:34
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I bet she got hazed to obtain her "permanent" Therion membership. I wish video existed.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.09.2011 - 01:57
Dominus
The Shooter
Best new of the year so far. Therion would not be the same without her.
12.09.2011 - 03:31
Ernis
狼獾
That's good news. Although she was "unofficially" Therion's voice and face for several years already. I wonder what's going to be with Aesma Daeva though. However, as Melissa Ferlaak is not in Visions of Atlantis any more and having noticed some live photos of Melissa and Lori together on stage during an Aesma Daeva gig, it might not be impossible that Melissa could help Lori with some AD performances. Two grand groups with wonderful singers. Had Nightwish continued with operatic vocals, I would've gladly seen either Lori or Melissa joining the group but, well, it's good that things have turned out as they have after all...
12.09.2011 - 03:41
Opethian
Good news! I wish you the best with Therion
12.09.2011 - 06:11
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Nice, but they should have done that long time ago
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
12.09.2011 - 06:33
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Looking forward to seeing them perform next month for Metal Female Voices for sure! Hopefully this will also increase my enthusiasm for their more recent releases as well
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
12.09.2011 - 10:54
Spell
Crap, this means she is a gonner.. all permanent members stay for a while then leave :S
12.09.2011 - 11:08
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Good news, she's one of the best femme singers that Therion featured over their years. Can't igrnore the fact Martina Astner will *always* be my favourite, ekhem : But if I'm correct, Lori is to be the first girly girl permanent member of the band. Hope that's not some sorf of a jinx
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.09.2011 - 18:41
Permanent Status? We know for experience that the only permanent member is Christofer Johnsson, everyone else is disposable.
13.09.2011 - 01:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by AnGina-- on 12.09.2011 at 11:08

Good news, she's one of the best femme singers that Therion featured over their years. Can't igrnore the fact Martina Astner will *always* be my favourite, ekhem : But if I'm correct, Lori is to be the first girly girl permanent member of the band. Hope that's not some sorf of a jinx

Oh yes... Martina was magical as their first, so to say, real frontlady... I admit, I say it just because I find her hot. In any case her performance with Therion was very good.
13.09.2011 - 12:42
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Ernis on 13.09.2011 at 01:33

I find her hot.

I do too.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.09.2011 - 03:46
Wolfheartcr
Written by Daggon on 12.09.2011 at 06:11

Nice, but they should have done that long time ago

Agreed!!!

Hits total: 4356 | This month: 7