Metal Storm logo
Kalmah - Writing New Material, Keyboardist Leaves The Band

Finnish melodic death metallers Kalmah have announced that after a highly successful Canada and summer festival tour in 2011, the band will soon start writing new material for their seventh studio album.

Official statement:

"Now it is time to withdraw to writing mode and dig deep into the Finnish swamp soil. We have already something written but it is hard to tell the musical direction yet. As always we will trust our inspiration and one of the important ones is just started hunting season! We will take all the time needed to end up with high quality Swamp metal album. Studio has not been booked yet but most likely we enter during next Spring and Autumn to record our seventh full-length album."

"Besides the good news we have unfortunately bad ones as well. After 7 years, 3 successful albums, lots of great memories and experiences the ways of Marco and the rest of Kalmah lords lead to another direction. From the Black Waltz to 12 Gauge, Marco has left strong fingerprints on Kalmah's path. Written songs like "Time Takes Us All" or "Godeye" just to mention few will remain in our legacy from which we are proud of. We thank Marco for everything he has shared with us on stage, off stage and the latest 3 albums and wish him all the best and great success in the future."

Marco states: "What an epic journey this has been, filled with great shows and albums! I would sincerely like to thank the fans around the world plus the people involved for the overwhelming support over the past years, you and these experiences will not be forgotten! As some paths fade away, existing ones keep on going and be sure, new ones will emerge so see you on the road! Last but definitely not the least I'd like to say to swamplords, keep up raising the bar of swampmetal to the level where it belongs!"

"What comes to new keyboard player we have something in mind but the doors are open. Within next weeks we will share our ideas and take action so stay alert. In the meantime check our website www.kalmah.com, share your ideas at our official Facebook profile and check out Youtube for live footage."

Source: kalmah.com
Band profile: Kalmah
Posted: 14.09.2011 by marcha2510

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 127 users
14.09.2011 - 14:34
Enissa

Good news about the new album, not a very one on the leaving keyboardist...Godeye is one of the best songs on 12 Gauge!
14.09.2011 - 15:19
Milena
gloom cookie
Oh, good news! I'm sad for Sneck though, he's awesome. But I don't doubt he's gonna keep up the good work in Poisonblack and that Kalmah are gonna find a good replacement.
----
7.0 means the album is good
14.09.2011 - 17:40
Swamphell

Hope u guys find a good one as fast as u can and from today I'll count the days waiting your 7th album
Swamp Metal 'till Death
14.09.2011 - 18:53
metal2000

Damn, hope you will find another
07.10.2011 - 01:25
Rozz

They needed a much better keyboad player in my mind like the one they started off with
07.10.2011 - 01:30
Rozz

Pasi Hiltula was better =D
07.10.2011 - 07:01
beyondtehdarksun

I hope this won't have any impact on the quality of the album. To me 12 Gauge is one of the best melodeath albums ever... I was hoping for MOAR
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
07.10.2011 - 09:04
MMizfall

Bring Pasi Hiltula back!
18.10.2011 - 14:45
Risto
Wandering Midget
Related to this, I heard Pasi Hiltula is out of duty at the moment...

Hits total: 3278 | This month: 5