Metal Storm logo
Morgion - Announce Reunion

US death doom metal band Morgion announced on their official website that they have decided to do a reunion with the album Solinari line-up and they will make their return to the stage at the Maryland Deathfest X, to take place in Baltimore, USA.

Here it is the official statement of the band: "September 1991 marked the birth of Morgion, thus August 2011 commemorates the resurrection of Morgion! A return to enlightenment and woe... After a few phone calls and e-mails, a group meeting and a few more phone calls afterwards, Morgion has made the decision for a reunion. Why might you ask? Primarily the same gentlemen responsible for the Autopsy reunion are the same culprits responsible for this! After 11 years, Jeremy Peto, Dwayne Boardman (Dustflow, Creepersin), Rhett Davis (Gravehill), and Gary Griffith (Dustflow, Before The Rain, Creepersin) ? the line-up for the Solinari record ? will make their return to the stage at Maryland Deathfest X!"

"With this exclusive live opportunity on the horizon, we also decided to make available some past material for release!
Dark Descent Records has agreed to release the earliest recordings of Morgion in a CD & 12" vinyl release entitled God Of Death & Disease. This release will feature the remastering talents of Ryan Butler of Arcane Digital, cover art by Mark Riddick, and all the tracks within the 1991 Rabid Decay & 1992 Live Rehearsal demos and the Travesty 7" EP songs. Morgion could not have chosen a better label to trust our earliest material with!"

"Also, Parasitic Records has agreed to release a double 12" gatefold vinyl collection for the Solinari record, which will also feature the Oceans Without Shores EP tracks! Packaging, layout and quality will be the best possible, Morgion is very pleased to be working with Tim/Parasitic on this release, which some consider our most valued work!"

Source: morgion.com
Band profile: Morgion
Posted: 15.09.2011 by Glabrezu

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 52 users
15.09.2011 - 23:01
Abattoir

Certainly unexpected, however great news...
16.09.2011 - 03:15
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I remember being disappointed when they broke up. While I would love to go to the Deathfest, it's probably not in the cards. So I can only hope they'll stay together and write some new material.
----
The force will be with you, always.
16.09.2011 - 09:22
Symmachus

I am happy about this reunion happening. It's freaking sweet news.
17.09.2011 - 16:23
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Isn't this just a bit weird?
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
19.09.2011 - 12:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Music4TheSpirit on 17.09.2011 at 16:23

why?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2011 - 20:11
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.09.2011 at 12:52

Written by Music4TheSpirit on 17.09.2011 at 16:23

why?

well they split up more or less recently (more more than less, but well time flies) and they make a reunion shortly after that, it isn't the first time that happens but i dont know it just give me an awkward feeling about it.
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
09.10.2011 - 12:39
Glabrezu

I hope they will come back in Europe
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind

Hits total: 3609 | This month: 4