Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Unveil New Bassist

You can now watch the video where German band Obscura unveil their new bass player. Linus Klausenitzer is the chosen one and below he talks about his influences, music studies and where he used to play and still plays now. Also, you can see some examples of his bass playing and statements from the band about the new bassist.

Linus Klausenitzer played with Obscura on their European Tour with Hate Eternal and on their recent North American tour alongside Children Of Bodom and Devin Townsend. Linus is also part of the progressive metal outfit Noneuclid.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 17.09.2011 by Sorgblad

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 117 users
17.09.2011 - 11:09
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Well, the guy seems to have the skills to be a good substitute for Jeroen. Also I want to check that band Noneuclid out.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
17.09.2011 - 12:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I was really hoping to myself that they'd get Steve Digiorgio
Wouldn't have been too far-fetched either, he played on Christian Muenzner's solo album.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
17.09.2011 - 12:09
malaikat

Noneuclid has flamenco influences? They have concerts with orchestras? Well damn, had to check that out.
17.09.2011 - 15:14
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Oh Noneuclid's bassist is perfect for Obsucra btw Noneuclid's album The Crawling Chaos is pretty badass!
17.09.2011 - 16:09
psykometal
A staff guy...
Apparently Noneuclid also features both guitarists and the drummer from Dark Fortress too...I'm definitely intrigued...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

17.09.2011 - 16:42
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I was scared at first, that he won't play a normal fretless bass, just a fret with the effect, but then I saw the trick!
Good, we can sit back now and see what they will come up with. I think we can be satisfied with Linu(x)s (god i had to include that, typed x 3 times before hitting s...)
----
17.09.2011 - 20:04
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Ok, this guy really won my respect with this video!

That bass with two fretless strings is SO awesome.

Go get them Linux!
06.10.2011 - 23:54
veeja

Written by Guest on 17.09.2011 at 15:14

Oh Noneuclid's bassist is perfect for Obsucra btw Noneuclid's album The Crawling Chaos is pretty badass!

Absolutely, this guy is a great musician and an inspired choice for Obscura, if you follow Hyperbolic Geometry there's a link in thinking, NonEclidean, 'Euclidean Elements', ok it was a bit tenuous, but true.
As a bassist (more importantly) he is seriously talented. I also agree Noneuclid's The Crawling Chaos is definitely worth checking out.

Hits total: 3116 | This month: 3