Metal Storm logo
Sick Of It All - To Re-Record Old Songs For A New Compilation Album

New York hardcore legends Sick Of It All announced that they will be releasing a new record entitled Nonstop on October 31st in Europe through Century Media Records. The album will consist of twenty songs from the band's catalogue, which have been re-recorded by the band to celebrate their 25th anniversary. Speaking about Nonstop, drummer Armand Majidi stated: "This whole thing is partially because of working with Tue Madsen - the man who has finally made SOIA sound the way we should in the studio."

The band added: "It was a fun recording session, and a relatively easy one because we're so used to playing so many of these songs live. They're like second nature. Most of these songs make their way into our live sets all the time, so they're current - they reach new ears and are constantly refreshed by their exposure to a brand new audience. It's not like they had to be dusted off. We changed tempos mostly and some of the arrangements, but we didn't want to do anything too drastic. We wanted to keep most of the songs true to the originals, but with a more powerful sound that we feel makes them all they can be."

Nonstop tracklisting and cover art:

01. Clobberin' Time
02. Injustice System!
03. Sanctuary
04. Scratch The Surface
05. Us Vs. Them
06. The Deal
07. Just Look Around
08. Ratpack
09. World Full Of Hate
10. Pushed Too Far
11. GI Joe Headstomp
12. Never Measure Up
13. Chip Away
14. Busted
15. Locomotive
16. My Life
17. Friends Like You
18. Relentless
19. No Labels
20. Built To Last

Source: sickofitall.com
Posted: 20.09.2011 by Cynic Metalhead

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 10 users
20.09.2011 - 15:08
Kingface

Interesting, might pick this one up.
21.09.2011 - 00:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'll stick with the original recordings, thanks.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 1670 | This month: 6