Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist

Original post

Posted by , 18.05.2006 - 05:10
Necrophagist is one very sick technical DM band. They have released two albums, Onset Of Putrefaction and Epitaph. Their first one (or should I say his), Onset, was made soley by the guitarist/vocalist Muhammed Suicmez.
For those of you who have never seen or heard Muhammed, let me assure you that he is a GOD
Evidence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM&search=necrophagist
Sick band, sick player. What do you think??
10.08.2007 - 17:53
Hoak

we are waiting an album..fuck yeah great band..
12.08.2007 - 03:28
mankvill

I was reading in Terrorizer a few months ago that their new CD was supposed to be released this October, but I assume it's been pushed back?
27.09.2007 - 05:04
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Lots of "trve" Death Metal fans hate Necrophagist because of their neoclassical element, but I think they're just jealous because they don't have the skillz that 'Phagist has.

Actually, it really depends on taste. I am both a Death Metal fan and a Power Metal fan, so I fucking love them!!!! Epitaph pwns! These guys are some serious musicians.
27.09.2007 - 23:11
Too many fail.

Im pretty big on these guys and am really waiting for the new record, as ive reached the point where I raelly cant listen to epitaph anymore, i was never huge on onset sounds a bit blocky but much btr than your avergae tech dm nevertheless. I just hope that mohammed has the sense to lep marco write his own drum parts as he has a rather non traditional backgound for a dm drummer. Hope he brings some odd limb independence polymeasure bullshit to the mix.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
28.09.2007 - 00:21
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Written by Too many fail. on 27.09.2007 at 23:11

Im pretty big on these guys and am really waiting for the new record, as ive reached the point where I raelly cant listen to epitaph anymore, i was never huge on onset sounds a bit blocky but much btr than your avergae tech dm nevertheless. I just hope that mohammed has the sense to lep marco write his own drum parts as he has a rather non traditional backgound for a dm drummer. Hope he brings some odd limb independence polymeasure bullshit to the mix.

Non traditional? So whats traditional? Blast Beats? Exactly. His drumming seems perfectly fine to me. They are all talented musicians, and Mohammed does what he thinks is best. The drum parts fit right in, and that is BECAUSE of Mohammed telling the rest of the band what to do....he's like a composer. Phagist kicks ass, man.
28.09.2007 - 03:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Too many fail. on 27.09.2007 at 23:11

Dude, I saw Marco live and he's one of the best drummers in the world. I guarantee you that there will be all sorts of technicality coming from him.
28.09.2007 - 13:04
Too many fail.

I know the guys killer, but given his background as a fusion drummer I hope he'll be allowed to bring some non standard deathmetal drumming in the mix. Not to say that mohammed is not a great drum patter composer, but Im hoping to hear something new, maybe some meshuggaish polyrhythm stuff. It just seems a shame to let mohammed write the drums if you have such an amazing drummer in the band who could bring something fresh into the scene. In anycase, my expectations are incredibly high for the new record.
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
02.10.2007 - 04:53
Stigmatized
Written by BV on 01.10.2007 at 22:50

Anybody waiting on Summer Slaughter 2008?

Not really. It was a good show, but Necrophagist seems intent on only playing tracks from "Epitaph".
02.10.2007 - 04:57
Stigmatized
Ah, you're right, I forgot about the new album.

They were good live when I saw them, it's just that the material on Epitaph really bores me on CD, while Onset of Putrefaction blows me away every time. I would love to hear more of that album live.
02.10.2007 - 09:44
Too many fail.

Written by Stigmatized on 02.10.2007 at 04:57

the material on Epitaph really bores me on CD, while Onset of Putrefaction blows me away every time.

?! Im the exact opposite, I can't really listen to onset anymore. I don't really like the song writing of somesongs either, like breathe in a casket and FBA.
Epitaph slays everything though!
On a side note: I read in an interview with mohammed a long time ago that the new album might have a cover of a classical piece. Neat.
----
- Bill Hicks
02.10.2007 - 10:43
Woutjinho
Account deleted
technical yes indeed. interesting especially if you play guitar like I do. its just insane
but great music? meh. I wouldnt mind if somebody would turn the volume down while I was listening to it
02.10.2007 - 21:53
Too many fail.

Written by BV on 02.10.2007 at 21:44

Written by Stigmatized on 02.10.2007 at 04:57

Ah, you're right, I forgot about the new album.

They were good live when I saw them, it's just that the material on Epitaph really bores me on CD, while Onset of Putrefaction blows me away every time. I would love to hear more of that album live.

well i'm not arguing, Epitaph is rather boring to me as well. Though both albums were pretty amazing live. Onset of Putrefaction is definitely the greater album, and one of the greatest for the genre.

Looking forward to the new album, and seeing them play again!

I don mean to be a dick as this is just your opinion but why is Onset the greater album? I think i'ts a lot less original and the song writing is not nearly as good as on Epitaph IMO. I understand if you prefer onset because it's an easier listen in terms of complexity as it does not have as much shit going on at the same time as epitaph does. In any case i'd be interested to hear yer opinions.
----
- Bill Hicks
03.10.2007 - 00:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Onset is faster, and that's why I like it better.
03.10.2007 - 03:41
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Necrophagist are a good band; they are really talented and all, but I can see how for lots of people they can get old really fast. I have to be at a certain energy lever myself to be able to listen to them without getting bored....I mean, a million notes a minute takes you only so far...

Onset and Epitaph are about equal in my view. I don't see one as being any better than the other. They are what they are. 'Phagist's next album should be interesting.
03.10.2007 - 18:50
Too many fail.

I dont'r really think onset is faster than epitaph. theyre both pretty quick. Onset has less of dissonant chord backings and stuff like that and in general is more about single guitar riffing where as on epitaph the guitars kind of play off of eachother and the drums do more fills, which are still pretty fast even though they might not appear so because hannes wasnt blasting the snare constantly.
----
- Bill Hicks
10.10.2007 - 18:49
Too many fail.

Just watched this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHft4OR7Rus
Now I really really hope marco's writing his own drums for the new record.... with out the samples of course
----
- Bill Hicks
18.10.2007 - 19:37
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by BV on 19.07.2007 at 02:40

Necrophagist was probably one of the best shows i've ever seen. Decapitated was mediocre, Cephalic Carnage was awesome, The Faceless was awesome, Cattle Decapitation was ok, and Beneath the Massacre was amazing.

anybody that missed out on Summer Slaughter tour....I'm sorry.

Which city did you go to Summer Slaughter at? Did you get to see Arsis?
20.10.2007 - 00:01
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Amazing how a man can play the guitar (incredible technique) and sing at the same time like Muhammed does. I prefer "Onset Of Putrefaction", a really fast album with greats musics! My favorite ones are "Fermented Offal Discharge" and "Culinary Hyperversity".
20.10.2007 - 02:07
Fuath

i have only heard the album epitaph and even then i have only heard a few songs, my favourite would hve to be only ash remains, the intro kicks ass, ill go get the full album and the other one
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

20.10.2007 - 23:29
Mandrake Scream

I have only heard "Epitaph" but god... What a great album ¡¡¡ I´ve heard comments that their first is even better, but the only thing I know is that Epitaph totally blowed my mind. The technical aspects and prog colors poured into it make it a hell of a good work. I need to get their first one...and I´m also very excited on their new album coming soon.
21.10.2007 - 01:44
Apollyon
Account deleted
I dont know why so many americans hate Necrophagist because of Muhammeds name, thats just stupid
21.10.2007 - 01:48
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 01:44

I dont know why so many americans hate Necrophagist because of Muhammeds name, thats just stupid

Is that true?
21.10.2007 - 02:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Unconsecrated on 21.10.2007 at 01:48

Is that true?

No, it's not.
21.10.2007 - 03:05
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent

If it's not true than why did you say that?
21.10.2007 - 03:37
Apollyon
Account deleted
Written by Unconsecrated on 21.10.2007 at 03:05

as far as I know it is true, I think I saw it on some random interview on youtube a while ago, nevermind, Ill try to look for it and post it when I find it
21.10.2007 - 04:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 03:37

as far as I know it is true, I think I saw it on some random interview on youtube a while ago, nevermind, Ill try to look for it and post it when I find it

Don't bother because one interview doesn't reflect America's opinion about him. Everyone I know worships that band.
21.10.2007 - 04:40
Apollyon
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 21.10.2007 at 04:00

Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 03:37

Don't bother because one interview doesn't reflect America's opinion about him. Everyone I know worships that band.

well, no but it reflects something thats happening, if your friends worship Necrophagist that doesnt mean the rest of the country does, Im not agaisnt americans if thats what you think, just saw it and thought it was stupid, if its true, well too bad, if its not, alright then
24.10.2007 - 18:57
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I'm American and I don't know of anyone that doesn't like Necrophagist because of Muhammed's name. That's stupid. Don't stereotype us. Most of us aren't like your foreign medias show us to be. Only a small percent are biggots. Thank you.
24.10.2007 - 19:48
Too many fail.

^Its mostly CNN that gives that impression. : )
----
- Bill Hicks
24.10.2007 - 20:13
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
yeah, well all the media does is make things seem sensational so they can get more viewers.

on a lighter note, check this video out, i find this very funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9u7DNzYSM