Metal Storm logo
Necrophagist

Original post

Posted by , 18.05.2006 - 05:10
Necrophagist is one very sick technical DM band. They have released two albums, Onset Of Putrefaction and Epitaph. Their first one (or should I say his), Onset, was made soley by the guitarist/vocalist Muhammed Suicmez.
For those of you who have never seen or heard Muhammed, let me assure you that he is a GOD
Evidence: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM&search=necrophagist
Sick band, sick player. What do you think??
07.10.2008 - 19:15
SK921
Account deleted
Written by nana.MD on 07.10.2008 at 09:13

Written by Guest on 06.10.2008 at 19:31

Written by nana.MD on 05.10.2008 at 00:06

Written by totaliteraliter on 02.10.2008 at 04:10

Written by K✞ulu on 02.10.2008 at 02:17
Well, I think that song has pretty original solos, and what's most important, they into in the song and they are not just sweeping - there is a lot of stuff combined in them, including sweeping, but not limited by it.

Yeah I guess it's only like 90% sweeps... I just can't see any point behind Necrophagist other than "look how good I am at playing the guitar!!"

...necrophagist is not only guitar...the whole compositiona and music is way more than that...don't think it sounds like malmsteen's exercises...but i've heard this opinion alot, most ppl listen to them a couple of times and say they r boring and all their songs are the same...i think they don't understand the music so that's why they don't appreciate it...that's frequent in this genre

Sorry I don't like something that you do! Its not that it all sounds the same, I don't hear any emotion. It sounds uninspired and it does seem to me that they're just going oh look how good we are!

...it's ok...we clearly don't share opinions but i respect yours...mm now that i come to think about it, u made a comment in spawn of possesion's thread about them being boring too, right?? guess u r not much into technical death metal...anyway i do like necrophagist alot and i'm expecting their new album to release soon...

lulwut? I love tech death. I even said what bands I liked in the SoP thread.
08.10.2008 - 07:26
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Guest on 07.10.2008 at 19:15

lulwut? I love tech death. I even said what bands I liked in the SoP thread.

lol i must have mistaken u with some other user with a similar nickname...we r alot of members here hehe...sorry
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
08.10.2008 - 16:59
SK921
Account deleted
Haha, well... I forgive you. Maybe I should delete this account and use Smurfkiller.
09.10.2008 - 01:53
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well actually.. hes the one saying the SoP is boring but yeah... he likes Anata so its alright
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2008 - 05:19
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...now i'm all messed up!! haha it doesn't matter...anyway, tech death is the best
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
13.10.2008 - 19:22
SK921
Account deleted
Too bad one of Anata's members looks freally fucking emo.
14.10.2008 - 00:24
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Guest on 13.10.2008 at 19:22

Haha, i don't think he has the emo cut anymore if i'm right. Now he just looks Anata evil.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
14.10.2008 - 00:29
SK921
Account deleted
Written by Visioneerie on 14.10.2008 at 00:24

Written by Guest on 13.10.2008 at 19:22

Haha, i don't think he has the emo cut anymore if i'm right. Now he just looks Anata evil.

He better because that was horrible but anyway! Necrowankist! I mean Necrophagist!
14.10.2008 - 18:15
MathC
Account deleted
NecroFAGist is funnier than Necrowankist.
15.10.2008 - 00:18
SK921
Account deleted
Yeah but I'm not a dick head.
15.10.2008 - 15:26
MathC
Account deleted
Yeah right I mean Necrowankist is so much more respectful !
15.10.2008 - 23:53
SK921
Account deleted
Oh completely.
16.10.2008 - 16:01
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ok Lets open a Debate !

Onset of Putrefaction VS Epitaph ?

Wich one do you guys prefer
My choice would be Epitaph (^^)
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.10.2008 - 17:35
SK921
Account deleted
I prefer Epitaph. A lot more catchy songs.
16.10.2008 - 18:06
MathC
Account deleted
Onset. Less wankery, better song-writting.
22.10.2008 - 20:42
Guib
Thrash Talker
Lol Wankery oh well ok...
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.12.2008 - 19:46
DrBadger
Account deleted
Onset. Extreme Unction was my first Necrophagist song. It is, and always will be, my favourite.
27.12.2008 - 02:28
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
A few days to a week ago, I ordered their "Onset of Putrefaction" online and it should be coming in the mail in the next few days as a late Xmas present. I've been listening to that album for a long time on my computer, and I can't wait to have the real thing in my hands.
27.12.2008 - 07:54
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Blood Red Moon on 27.12.2008 at 06:14

Written by Guest on 27.12.2008 at 02:28

A few days to a week ago, I ordered their "Onset of Putrefaction" online and it should be coming in the mail in the next few days as a late Xmas present. I've been listening to that album for a long time on my computer, and I can't wait to have the real thing in my hands.

The real thing is always better than the mp3s. When I finally get an album that i've had downloaded, it always sounds way better on cd. It just makes the music ten times better than you already think it is!

This has held true with every album I purchased. It sounds good on my PC, but it sounds scores better when blasting out of my stereo.
31.12.2008 - 08:37
Hellmouth
Account deleted
I love this band, Muhammad is one of my idols when it comes to guitar playing.

I prefer Onset over Epitaph, mush better songs! (Intestinal Incubation, To Breathe in a Casket, Fermented Offal Discharge...)
02.01.2009 - 23:53
broken goddess

I'd have to go with Epitaph on this one. It has my 2 favorite songs by the band on it, although there's not a thing wrong with Onset either.

I get 'Seven' stuck in my head for days after hearing it.

3 times I've tried to see these guys live, and everytime there's some off-the-wall reason that comes up last minute, so it all goes out the window.... It's disappointing ....
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
03.01.2009 - 00:33
broken goddess

Written by Blood Red Moon on 03.01.2009 at 00:24

Written by broken goddess on 02.01.2009 at 23:53

I'd have to go with Epitaph on this one. It has my 2 favorite songs by the band on it, although there's not a thing wrong with Onset either.

I get 'Seven' stuck in my head for days after hearing it.

3 times I've tried to see these guys live, and everytime there's some off-the-wall reason that comes up last minute, so it all goes out the window.... It's disappointing ....

You need to work on that :p. Great show these guys put on, I saw them once in the US and once in Canada, and they were great both times. I think the venue I saw them at in the US was better, it was smaller and I guess better acoustics or something, it was just loud and intense everybody was going crazy. Some guy jumped on the stage and started dancing and Muhammed just gave him this weird look and security pulled him off. the same guy was crowd surfing and kicked over the microphone and they just kept on playing. I could tell they were starting to get a little annoyed at him, but they didn't let it ruin the show. Since it was the Summer slaughter tour I had been standing in there listening to mostly crappy bands all day and actually wanted to leave, but I made myself stay, and it was totally worth it, I really enjoyed it. I'm sure you'll have several more opportunities to see them, seems that Summer Slaughter is going to be annual, and they are touring a lot more now.

2 of the times they let me down were in Canada! And then the Summer Slaughter Tour. I know they did the make up and all, but I had already dished out the money and traveled almost 3 hours to see them the first time, plus I couldn't take more time off work. I was actually AT the S.S.T. waiting for just one or two more bands to finish up when I found out the icing on the cake wasn't even gonna play.... grrrr! I really Must keep trying though, you're right. I can only imagine how awesome they are live. However I do hear people say that they're stage presence leaves you wanting, but as technical as they are.... I wonder why.
----
04.01.2009 - 06:44
Visioneerie
Urban Monster

However I do hear people say that they're stage presence leaves you wanting, but as technical as they are.... I wonder why.

Yeah i'll say, they aren't the most exciting band to see live. Their stage presence is very bland but thankfully they play very good music. If you're picky about your concerts i would'nt recommend Necrophagist, just watch em' on youtube and have a beer.
and btw, where wore you on the Summer Slaughter in Canada, i'm surprised they didn't show up, we must've worn em' out in Montreal the night before
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
04.01.2009 - 08:52
broken goddess

Written by Visioneerie on 04.01.2009 at 06:44

However I do hear people say that they're stage presence leaves you wanting, but as technical as they are.... I wonder why.

Yeah i'll say, they aren't the most exciting band to see live. Their stage presence is very bland but thankfully they play very good music. If you're picky about your concerts i would'nt recommend Necrophagist, just watch em' on youtube and have a beer.
and btw, where wore you on the Summer Slaughter in Canada, i'm surprised they didn't show up, we must've worn em' out in Montreal the night before

Lol - Shows in MTL are epic, I'll give you that. But I saw Summer Slaughter here in 07 when they got held up at the border and didn't play the next few dates....

The Canadian dates I missed them at were near Ottawa.
----
05.01.2009 - 04:05
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by broken goddess on 04.01.2009 at 08:52

Written by Visioneerie on 04.01.2009 at 06:44

Lol - Shows in MTL are epic, I'll give you that. But I saw Summer Slaughter here in 07 when they got held up at the border and didn't play the next few dates....

The Canadian dates I missed them at were near Ottawa.

Ah cool, the '07 Summer Slaughter, it had a better line up in my opinion. Cattle Decapitation, Decapitated, Cephalic Carnage... and your show skipper Necrophagist . Anyways, Dying Fetus was great on the '08 list, Neuraxis delivered the goods, and apart from that Into Eternity stood out a bit. Necrophagist was like i said, dead but alive.
----
05.01.2009 - 23:11
mankvill

When the hell is their new album coming out? I remember in an old Terrorizer issue, it said it was coming out Oct. of 2007.
06.01.2009 - 01:31
mankvill

Written by Blood Red Moon on 06.01.2009 at 00:55

Written by mankvill on 05.01.2009 at 23:11

When the hell is their new album coming out? I remember in an old Terrorizer issue, it said it was coming out Oct. of 2007.

I remember after summer slaughter 07 they said they were working on a new album due in time for summer slaughter 08, which was the official hint at another summer slaughter as well. but it never came out.
Now that I think of it, I think I remember reading somewhere that Muhammed said that they'll try and have the album out by Summer Slaughter 2009.

Summer Slaughter should be an annual Necrophagist tour. I was mighty pissed about the 2008 version, even though it had some decent bands on it. Decapitated!
05.02.2009 - 10:13
RockeRoy

Epitaph is one of my favorit albums, but Onset Of Putrefaction don't do it for me, and i don't like it when albums use drum machines. Looking forward to the new album though, whenever it comes out;)
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
07.02.2009 - 19:32
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Blood Red Moon on 06.01.2009 at 06:12

Written by mankvill on 06.01.2009 at 01:31

I remember after summer slaughter 07 they said they were working on a new album due in time for summer slaughter 08, which was the official hint at another summer slaughter as well. but it never came out.
Now that I think of it, I think I remember reading somewhere that Muhammed said that they'll try and have the album out by Summer Slaughter 2009.

Summer Slaughter should be an annual Necrophagist tour. I was mighty pissed about the 2008 version, even though it had some decent bands on it. Decapitated!

Well Necrophagist headlined Summer Slaughter '08 in Canada, so in away it is a recurring Necrophagist tour. Summer Slaughter '07 wasn't that great, I went just to see Necrophagist and Beneath the Massacre, so unfortunately I had to go for the whole show, and BTM played first and Necrophagist played last. Cephalic Carnage was okay, Cattle Decapitation was weird, Decapitated was mediocre on account that the new vocalist is a suckfest, and Necrophagist was awesome.

I thought the US '08 sounded better, except it was missing Necrophagist!!!! Psycroptic, Aborted, Vader, Kataklysm, while all being mediocre and nothing super special in my opinion, would have made for an amazing tour with a fantastic headliner, unfortunately Black Dahlia Crap headlined. So I went to Canada and saw Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, and Beneath the Massacre.

Unfortunately, Summer Slaughter has to have the abundance of shitty deathcore bands to FUND the entire tour . Unfortunately having a few really good death metal bands wont draw the crowd alone to make enough money for the tour to be annual. So hate those deathcore kiddies as much as you want but they pay for our good tours

It turns out to be okay in the end, I remember on Summer Slaugher '08 in Canada the Kiddies came to see White Chapel and about half of the crowd left after they played, so it was a "Kiddie Free" Dying Fetus/Necrophagist show

Well seriously Can't wait for the next Album...

both Epitaph and Onset of Putrefaction... owned, in my opinion
they're both Technical Masterpieces

And Yeah about Summer Slaughter, I don't see how Decapitated was Mediocre but nyways
its all a matter of opinions
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.02.2009 - 00:33
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Blood Red Moon on 07.02.2009 at 21:23

Written by Guib on 07.02.2009 at 19:32

Written by Blood Red Moon on 06.01.2009 at 06:12

Written by mankvill on 06.01.2009 at 01:31

Well Necrophagist headlined Summer Slaughter '08 in Canada, so in away it is a recurring Necrophagist tour. Summer Slaughter '07 wasn't that great, I went just to see Necrophagist and Beneath the Massacre, so unfortunately I had to go for the whole show, and BTM played first and Necrophagist played last. Cephalic Carnage was okay, Cattle Decapitation was weird, Decapitated was mediocre on account that the new vocalist is a suckfest, and Necrophagist was awesome.

I thought the US '08 sounded better, except it was missing Necrophagist!!!! Psycroptic, Aborted, Vader, Kataklysm, while all being mediocre and nothing super special in my opinion, would have made for an amazing tour with a fantastic headliner, unfortunately Black Dahlia Crap headlined. So I went to Canada and saw Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, and Beneath the Massacre.

Unfortunately, Summer Slaughter has to have the abundance of shitty deathcore bands to FUND the entire tour . Unfortunately having a few really good death metal bands wont draw the crowd alone to make enough money for the tour to be annual. So hate those deathcore kiddies as much as you want but they pay for our good tours

It turns out to be okay in the end, I remember on Summer Slaugher '08 in Canada the Kiddies came to see White Chapel and about half of the crowd left after they played, so it was a "Kiddie Free" Dying Fetus/Necrophagist show

Well seriously Can't wait for the next Album...

both Epitaph and Onset of Putrefaction... owned, in my opinion
they're both Technical Masterpieces

And Yeah about Summer Slaughter, I don't see how Decapitated was Mediocre but nyways
its all a matter of opinions

The new line-up is just really really meh. Especially the vocalist, he sucks and it just isn't the same, and it shouldn't be called Decapitated.

Oh well ..
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here