Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Bonus Track Streaming Online

Hot Topic is now exclusively streaming at this location one of the bonus tracks entitled "Pyre" off of the deluxe edition of Opeth's latest release Heritage, which came out on September 20th on Roadrunner Records. Alternatively, you can listen to it below. More details about the deluxe edition of Heritage can be found here. "Pyre" is one of two bonus tracks found on the Heritage Limited Edition CD/DVD and the Heritage CD/DVD/2LP Box Set.

Source: opeth.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 21.09.2011 by pisymbol

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 187 users
21.09.2011 - 11:45
malaikat

WHY is this not on Heritage? It would easy be one of the best songs.
21.09.2011 - 12:34
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Hey, it's a bonus.
You don't expect them to put the icing IN the cake, right? they put the icing ON the cake.
21.09.2011 - 15:30
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by malaikat on 21.09.2011 at 11:45

I suspect Mike didn't want any ballads/easy-listen songs on the album, so they are releasing them as bonus tracks.
21.09.2011 - 17:13
Roro

That's so Opeth
21.09.2011 - 17:23
INÆRIS

Akesson wrote this one. It's pretty good. It's not Harvest, but it's good.
----
Still Life, Still Death
21.09.2011 - 17:43
malaikat

Written by Unhealer on 21.09.2011 at 15:30

Written by malaikat on 21.09.2011 at 11:45

I suspect Mike didn't want any ballads/easy-listen songs on the album, so they are releasing them as bonus tracks.

He didn't want ballads on the most mellow album since Damnation? I think not. It will be understadable if Pyre was heavy/death growl song (contrasting the mentioned mellow "feel" of Heritage), or the song that simply stood up from the "style" of the whole album like "Derelict Herds" on Watershed.
I think he just want teh moneyz.
21.09.2011 - 18:40
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by malaikat on 21.09.2011 at 17:43

He didn't want ballads on the most mellow album since Damnation? I think not. It will be understadable if Pyre was heavy/death growl song (contrasting the mentioned mellow "feel" of Heritage), or the song that simply stood up from the "style" of the whole album like "Derelict Herds" on Watershed.
I think he just want teh moneyz.

Heritage is mellow, but the songs are not ballads/easy listens. For example, my parents didn't like any song on the album, where they used to like slow songs on the albums like Harvest, Burden, Face of Melinda, whole Damnation etc.
They seems to love the two bonus tracks instead, Face in the Snow is also mellow and easy listen.

In case it was for the money, probably Roadrunner told him "Dude, write a normal for our business sake!"
But I doubt Mikael will be getting lotz of moneyz for these bonus tracks
21.09.2011 - 18:50
malaikat

Written by Unhealer on 21.09.2011 at 18:40

For example, my parents didn't like any song on the album, where they used to like slow songs on the albums like Harvest, Burden, Face of Melinda, whole Damnation etc.

Aw, man, your parents listen to Opeth? Your folks are awesome
21.09.2011 - 19:20
BehzadSh

Written by Unhealer on 21.09.2011 at 18:40

Written by malaikat on 21.09.2011 at 17:43

...It will be understadable if Pyre was heavy/death growl song (contrasting the mentioned mellow "feel" of Heritage), or the song that simply stood up from the "style" of the whole album like "Derelict Herds" on Watershed...

Heritage is mellow, but the songs are not ballads/easy listens...

I agree with both of you.
Heritage is not an easy listening album like Damnation, it has a lot of progressive concept and need deep listening to understand it
----
http://www.last.fm/user/behzadsh
22.09.2011 - 00:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Now I know why is it call a bonus tyrack, best track in craopy cheasy album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.09.2011 - 20:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Good thing I bought the limited edition

Pretty good song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.