02. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
03. Lost Not Forgotten
04. This Is The Life
05. Bridges In The Sky
06. Outcry
07. Far From Heaven
08. Breaking All Illusions
09. Beneath The Surface

It seems that something like that must have happened eventually. Mike Portnoy is gone, and A Dramatic Turn of Events is the first occasion for the metal community to find out how Dream Theater fares without their co-founder and co-leader. Let me tell you straight away that it sucks. It sucks much more than I feared it would having heard the first song off the album, whose name I won't even bother to mention. Why would I want to waste time typing names of crappy songs?

I will save a lot of time this way at least. Not having to type seven names of songs saves a lot of typing time, which I can otherwise spend picking my nose and admiring the yield that came form my private excavation. It'll be also more interesting than the dubious pleasure I was privy to while I was giving the album my mandatory 10 listens. I'm a coffee guy, so caffeine always manages to keep me awake. If it hadn't been for this legal drug, I'd never have finished listening to this turd of an album.

During the ordeal of listening to A Dramatic Turn of Events I pricked up my ears only twice. "Lost Not Forgotten" is half-decent, and its chorus has some bite in it, making the song at least memorable. "Breaking All Illusions" is the only trace of Dream Theater's former glory - adventurous, intriguing, surprising, with a great, well-composed, labyrinthine guitar solo. The only really outstanding song, the only pearl among swine.

The rest of the songs are a gray mass containing craploads of forced, uninspired instrumental wankery, multiple showoff passages, incredibly drawn out fragments, boring singing and flat, lifeless choruses. Sometimes the songs are sickeningly sweet and reek of badly disguised desire for radio exposure, sometimes they are overly complicated, but put together using unmatched parts, resulting in a bigger mess than my 3-year-old niece would make if I left her in the kitchen for 2 hours. All the inspiration that Dream Theater had this time around went into 2 songs. And what the hell is wrong with Jordan Rudess? He crammed his damn keyboard passages into every nook and cranny he could find in every song, and when there was no room to cram, he put the goddamn thing on top. The omnipresence of his instrument is extremely annoying and makes the album even worse. I know he is a virtuoso, but must he prove it five times per minute?

Come back Mike, please.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 5
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 21.09.2011 by Writes overly honest and totally subjective reviews when fancy strikes him. Which is not often. Which is probably good, all things considered.

Staff review by
Dream Taster
Rating:
There is no denying Dream Theater has been an enormous influence on progressive music for the last two decades. Every new release of theirs usually generates a buzz among fans and media alike. But since founding member, natural leader and revered drummer Mike Portnoy left the band unceremoniously last year, the free press the band is getting has been off the charts. After an overly publicized series of auditions whence drumming instructor Mike Mangini came triumphant, expectations were at an expected all-time high. A lot of doubts and uncertainties were lingering in the air. So what? You ask. Well, it all depends who's giving you the answer. Reviews have been split across the internet spectrum. But since you're stuck with me, here are my thoughts.

Read more ››
published 02.11.2011 | Comments (28)

Guest review by
Roman Doez
Rating:
Dream Theater is my favorite band. They've been for a while now. However, a lot of people classify their music as mindless wankery and dislike them because of that, and while it's true that their 2000's releases to some extent fall in that category, for a long time I never really could understand what made that so unappealing to some. However, after hearing this album, I instantly knew what they meant. Following the pretty good Black Clouds And Silver Linings, which was a huge step up from the very mixed Systematic Chaos and Octavarium, it seemed like everything was going great again for Dream Theater. However, the departure of founding member Mike Portnoy left them in quite a weird spot; he had been one of the lead writers for two decades and was one of the pillars behind their success. The band now had to prove themselves capable of writing great stuff without him, using their new drummer Mike Mangini. And I'm gonna be honest, they did anything but succeed.

Read more ››
published 29.12.2020 | Comments (52)

Comments page 5 / 7

Comments: 186   Visited by: 944 users
24.09.2011 - 00:56
Rating: 6
malaikat
Written by Mindheist on 23.09.2011 at 23:35

Now comes the part where I actually disagree with you. Whether we like it or not, our community is becoming less and less interested in conquering new territories, and by that I mean discovering and exposing unknown bands instead of roaming through the rusty classics or the big guns' deliveries. And it's going to inevitably affect the forums and the site as a whole. Here, Let's look at the statistics of the same reviewer:

Daniell has so far written 22 reviews: While Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn Of Events has rolled up 119 comments (and still counting), Argus (a relatively unknown band but with a tremendous talent) has only collected 8 comments with Boldly Stride The Doomed (a record that blows Dream Theater's latest delivery out of the water). Let's face it, most people, and I'm not just talking about Metal Storm but all the metal webzines, rarely make an effort to read an entire review, be it official or non-official. They basically just read the first line from each paragraph and hurriedly leap to the comment box to post away. That being said, Metal Storm has many members (Staff and non-staff) who passionately read the reviews and always look for new bands to discover, and as opposed to you, I think they are the minority .

I have to jump in. I mean, it's natural that some bands are more popular than others - DT has more comments than Argus? Well, because they are DT. There will always be underground, there will always be less popular, but equaly good bands. that's the way it's meant to be. I mean, I could bitch about Ulcerate or Mitochondrion not being so popular, but fact of the matter is that there are some bands that require certain "listening expirience" to fully enjoy them, and that's why they always have small fanbase. Opeth and Maiden are great because they make music that is both good and "popular" in a way that lots of people might enjoy their sound. On the other side, you have bands like Mitochondrion (yeah I listend to a lot of Mitochondrion latelly) that are, to a trained ear, even better than the popular ones.
It's like food: you have hamburgers and pizzas, great food and suberb taste that almost everyone can enjoy. And then you have snails, bugs, frogs, smelly cheeses: they are hideous to most of the people - but to the ones who actually enjoy eating them, they are the best thing ever, sometimes even far superior to "ordinary" good food like pizzas.

That being said, there's nothing much MS can do to "force" people to explore - some folks like searching for something new, some like holding to the bands thery know and love. Personally, I've been on MS for almost a year or so and I couldn't be happier because I found at least a dozen brilliant bands that were tottaly unkown to me - but that's just me, I love searching for new and interesting releases. Some people just want the next Slayer or DT album. It's not very cool for me, but hey, if it works for them, leave them be.

PS - I wholeheartla agree that MS is "the crème de la crème metal websites"
24.09.2011 - 01:05
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Yeah I couldn't agree more with you man.

EDIT: BTW, I never heard of Mitochondrion. Do you think I should check them out?
24.09.2011 - 01:19
malaikat
Written by Mindheist on 24.09.2011 at 01:05

EDIT: BTW, I never heard of Mitochondrion. Do you think I should check them out?

you and me man http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1299704_o.gif

I'm currently listening to their latest release, "Parasignosis", and I am blown away. In a nutshell, it's dark, progressive, atmospheric, disturbing and esoteric, one of those albums that should really be listened as a whole, in peace, with lyrics in front. Stunning expirience. If you need any more reccomendation, their label is Profound Lore (Agalloch, Alcest, Krallice, Portal, Wolvhammer), so they are deffinitely that good
24.09.2011 - 01:36
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by malaikat on 24.09.2011 at 01:19

Written by Mindheist on 24.09.2011 at 01:05

you and me man http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1299704_o.gif

I'm currently listening to their latest release, "Parasignosis", and I am blown away. In a nutshell, it's dark, progressive, atmospheric, disturbing and esoteric, one of those albums that should really be listened as a whole, in peace, with lyrics in front. Stunning expirience. If you need any more reccomendation, their label is Profound Lore (Agalloch, Alcest, Krallice, Portal, Wolvhammer), so they are deffinitely that good

haha the picture portrays the situation quite well . As for the description you just gave me, I'd be lying if I didn't say it made me drool already . I'm so looking forward to discovering these guys. Thank you man, I really appreciate it .
24.09.2011 - 01:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Now comes the part where I actually disagree with you. Whether we like it or not, our community is becoming less and less interested in conquering new territories, and by that I mean discovering and exposing unknown bands instead of roaming through the rusty classics or the big guns' deliveries. And it's going to inevitably affect the forums and the site as a whole. Here, Let's look at the statistics of the same reviewer:

Daniell has so far written 22 reviews: While Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn Of Events has rolled up 119 comments (and still counting), Argus (a relatively unknown band but with a tremendous talent) has only collected 8 comments with Boldly Stride The Doomed (a record that blows Dream Theater's latest delivery out of the water). Let's face it, most people, and I'm not just talking about Metal Storm but all the metal webzines, rarely make an effort to read an entire review, be it official or non-official. They basically just read the first line from each paragraph and hurriedly leap to the comment box to post away. That being said, Metal Storm has many members (Staff and non-staff) who passionately read the reviews and always look for new bands to discover, and as opposed to you, I think they are the minority .

Well first of all, I was simply agreeing with your assertion, that there surely are some people who will automatically agree with a review by a staff member, purely because it was written by a staff member, and therefore, must be of more worth and validity than a review by an ordinary member.

I really would have to disagree that every person here who are what I described as being a "follower" in my first reply to you, are all people who aren't discovering and exposing unknown bands all the time. I've talked about this sort of thing on here more than once, so here I go again... People who listen to mainly, or exclusively, underground, unknown bands are not any less prone to the group think mentality, or trying to fit in with their peers, than people who mainly just listen to well known, popular bands. Whether it's the mainstream metal fanboy who blindly praises everything that the mainstream metal media proclaims as "the new metal bible", or the underground "tr00" metalhead bashing popular bands/albums just to retain some "cred" within the underground community, the behaviour is no different, and the outcome is also just the same. I have seen a few posts on here over the time Ive been on MS, of people claiming an album to be terrible/great before they've even heard it. (or indeed, anything from it lol) Which is just an example of blind praise/bashing. Some people have made up their minds before they even hear an album that it sucks/is great, and so whether or not they actually listen to the album is of little consequence.

About Metal Storm being the creme de la creme of metal websites, yes I do agree on that. Most of the music chats Ive had on here have been very enjoyable. Mainly because MOST people here seem to respect others' opinions regardless of if they agree with them or not. hehe
24.09.2011 - 03:39
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.09.2011 at 01:54

Well first of all, I was simply agreeing with your assertion, that some people will automatically agree with a review by a staff member, purely because it was written by a staff member, and therefore, must be of more worth and validity than a review by an ordinary member.

I really would have to disagree that every person here who are what I described as being a "follower" in my first reply to you, are all people who aren't discovering and exposing unknown bands all the time. I've talked about this sort of thing on here more than once, so here I go again... People who listen to mainly, or exclusively, underground, unknown bands are not any less prone to the group think mentality, or trying to fit in with their peers, than people who mainly just listen to well known, popular bands. Whether it's the mainstream metal fanboy who blindly praises everything that the mainstream metal media proclaims as "the new metal bible", or the underground "tr00" metalhead bashing popular bands/albums just to retain some "cred" within the underground community, the behaviour is no different, and the outcome is also just the same. I have seen a few posts on here over the time Ive been on MS, of people claiming an album to be terrible/great before they've even heard it. Which is just an example of blind praise/bashing. Some people have made up their minds before they even hear an album that it sucks/is great, and so whether or not they actually listen to the album is of little consequence.

I actually agree with pretty much everything you said. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression .
24.09.2011 - 03:42
How could this get a 5.8? This being Mike Mangini's first record with Dream Theater, he did an amazing job on the drums. The guitar work is brilliant as always with John. The lyrics are written with creativity yet again. You can hear more of Jordan playing on the keys and he wrote beautiful melodies. John Myung's song that he wrote, he did a wonderful job on it. James Lambrie's vocals do not miss a beat as always, and sound amazing on this album. Dream Theater has recorded and release yet another awesome record. Although it is deeply saddening that Mike Portnoy has left, Mike Mangini's is filling in best he possibly can, and he's doing just wonderfully. I'll give a rating myself of 8.7
24.09.2011 - 05:10
ronin1572
While this album is not the best Dream Theater has produced, I don't really feel its as bad as people say it is. Nothing majorly stood out to me but nothing sounded bad either. As far as Mikes drumming goes, it is really to early to tell. He really hasn't had a lot of time to develope chemistry with the band yet. They probably should have done an extensive tour before recording a new album.
24.09.2011 - 09:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Mindheist on 24.09.2011 at 03:39
I actually agree with pretty much everything you said. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression .

Haha, that's okay. I'll listen to this album today finally, and give my opinion on it later.
24.09.2011 - 11:30
Bugman
Written by Daniell on 23.09.2011 at 08:18

Written by jhook on 23.09.2011 at 02:09

Written by Guest on 22.09.2011 at 21:18

I get the impression that the guys from DT have become victims of their own work ethic. I mean this is their 6th studio album in the last decade, right? Add to that touring after each record, some 5 or six lives/DVDs in that period, and all of those guest work for other bands and side-projects. They're bound to run out of ideas, and and fill the gap with emotionless instrumental proficiency. I feel that they need to take a longer break between albums, to get some creative ideas again.

I personally fell a certain "saturation" ( is that the right term? ) with Dream Theater realeases.

hmm, well i actually read in an interview with the band that they actually had too many creative ideas and the problem was sorting through them to make an album

Or so they said.
Reviews are widely known to be a comprehensible, 100% honest sources of information about what goes on inside bands.
Try to spot a splash of sarcasm hidden somewhere in this post.

Right, like the one where Mike says he's fine and well almost at the brink of tears!

About the saturation I think I heard that idea before. Where was it???? Oh I remember: Mike Portnoy Suggested it!:banger:
24.09.2011 - 15:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Definitely one of the worst Dream Theater releases. Not really bad, but totally, uninterestingly average. Plus, the poppy smel reminds me of Falling Into Infinity. Each time an important (founding) member leaves, DT releases a so-so or bad album (yeah, before 'Falling', Kevin Moore left - and A Change of Season is not really an album).

That said, I totally disagree with you, Daniell, when you want Portnoy back. I certainly don't miss his über-lame vocals

And after FII, they released Metropolis II... Let's wait, then!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
24.09.2011 - 17:30
~Starchild~
Written by Bugman on 22.09.2011 at 17:56

I was sort of feeling that the review is a bit on the harsh, and at points unfair, side and then i found out that I agree with the ratings. I really don't think that DT could provide us with a bad album on the performance and production side. The originality is not really a strong point, not since Train of Thought, so I don't get the surprise on that side. Well, i was surprised that this time I found myself saying "this really looks like Symphony X or Aina" in two tracks instead of the usual 7 tracks of "oh here's DT copying DT again.

I don't think you could solve what's wrong with DT by bringing Mike back. You could probably do it by doing what Mike wanted, let them take a break, lose the need to provide us yet with a reshuffle of something they made before and then come up with something really original. Mike left when he had to, with the 12 Steps Suite. maybe the band members should consider more time with their side projects...

Totally agree on the Rudess need to stand out!

Totally agree with everything you said. I always thought they really should take a break instead of releasing another boring, unoriginal album every 2 years.

In my opinion every album they released after Train Of Thought isn't worth listening to, so my hopes on this one were relatively low and I got what I expected: "a gray mass containing craploads of forced, uninspired instrumental wankery, multiple showoff passages, incredibly drawn out fragments, boring singing and flat, lifeless choruses". This sentence sums it up perfectly.
25.09.2011 - 04:49
Rating: 8
I will say in total honesty, that I really want to love the album, but even though, I'm a hardcore DT fan, this review does strike many good points about its quality. I was waiting with baited breath to buy it on release day, to add to my full catalog, (but I ended up being a little short on cash, so I have to wait a while) and I do still plan on buying it... After listening to it a few times through, it does fall flat, to me. Most of the choruses seem like forced attempts at a radio friendly anthem. The songs seem too tightly structured to a formula and have lost that thrill of spontaneity that is delivered by so many of their older songs.
I suppose you could see a little of that coming, after BC&SL, where that case began to surface a little.

It doesn't even really surprise me that much, sadly, after hearing James LaBrie's Static Impulse, last year. That album just struck me as an attempt to sound like Soilwork, with the unfitting addition of some guy who sounds pretty much like a facsimile of Speed.

I agree that Lost Not Forgotten probably is the high point of the album, for me as well. That is probably the best example, too, of Mike Mangini letting loose on some really cool breakdowns, but I really wanted to hear him bust loose and amaze me... Christ, the guy's got multiple world records for high-speed one-hand playing!

What really disappoints me, though is John Petrucci's playing... There were a few good riffs and licks here and there, but as a whole, it really did seem uninspired, and that really fucking hurts me to say that. He is among the most highly praised of my guitar idols, and I just feel let down. I don't buy Dream Theater albums to hear JP seeing how long he can milk one power chord by continuously chugging along and varying the tempos... I buy them to hear twists and turns and face-melting solos... and most of all, the celebration of successful musical chemistry.

I don't think I could live with myself for calling A Dramatic Turn of Events a steaming pile of shit, but it's definitely not a gem. I still respect the band, and consider them to be my favorite, but I think they should've taken a long overdue break, that was suggested by Mike Portnoy a long time ago, and give some true inspiration the chance to blossom, instead of burning themselves out and turning out a really lackluster album.
25.09.2011 - 11:45
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Okay, I've just finished listening to the album in full for the 2nd time, and after the pasting it has taken from most in this thread, I was certainly expecting a far worse album (one almost on a par with the atrocity that is Queensryche's "Dedicated To Chaos"!) than the one I've just experienced. I'm not going to argue with other's opinions, as they are entitled to them, but I personally, found a lot to enjoy in this album. And a lot of what I've always loved about Dream Theater is contained in it. The band have always had commercial elements in their sound, so the moments on this album that are like that, were fine with me. In fact, "Build Me Up, Break Me Down" is a wonderfully catchy epic, whilst "Beneath The Surface" is a beautiful ballad. xD

I would agree to an extent with the reviewer about the keyboard overkill at times, which unfortunately for me is at it's worst during the otherwise awesome (and for me at least) album centrepiece, "Outcry". It's certainly not bad enough to ruin the song, but the song would have been even greater, had Jordan held back a little during some sections. The other low point of the song is John Petrucci's solo, which should have been more spectacular, and longer, which would have elevated the song even higher. So I'd agree with the above poster about being a little disappointed with John's performance on the album.

Certainly for me, for the most part, the album is easily above average, and only a few niggly negative spots prevents the album from reaching "Images And Words" or Six Degrees.... tiers of greatness... I like the album, definitely.
26.09.2011 - 03:47
Scorpyin
Written by Doc G. on 23.09.2011 at 01:02

Written by Scorpyin on 23.09.2011 at 00:51

The reason this review sucks is because I have NO clue what to expect after reading it other than 'too much keyboard' and 'its missing mike'. It doesn't even talk about the music, just how much it sucks. It would be nice if you could tell us WHY you didnt like it, maybe. Now personally I hate dream theater, hate their vocalist and hate the songs they write, but whatever who cares, I dont need to listen to them. But honestly, this review is horrible!! It's alright to hate a cd and say its terrible, but without legit reasons for not liking it seems futile (In regards to reviewing a cd).

Ah, the joys of actually reading:

Quote:

The rest of the songs are a gray mass containing craploads of forced, uninspired instrumental wankery, multiple showoff passages, incredibly drawn out fragments, boring singing and flat, lifeless choruses.

lol yeah, my point still stands, that doesn't give me any idea what it actually sounds like, just says "I dont like it, it's not of my preference". How the fuck should I know what your preference is?! NOT a good review. Sorry to sound 'arrogant', but I assumed the 'comments section' would be for our opinions and I could say I didn't like a piece of writing without being critisized for it...
26.09.2011 - 10:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
This review thread is a fucking joke.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.09.2011 - 10:22
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.09.2011 at 10:00

This review thread is a fucking joke.

As is every thread that discusses a well known band and it's not-so-good release
26.09.2011 - 20:00
Mariocalin
Giving a 5.8 to this album means that you don´t know ANYTHING about Dream Theater. You thought that Mike Portnoy is equal to Dream Theater... but i´ts not.

With your last phrase I understand what kind of fan you are.

This albums diserves an 8, is the best album since Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence.

Very poor review
----
We are the priest of the temple of Synix
26.09.2011 - 20:11
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Mariocalin on 26.09.2011 at 20:00

Giving a 5.8 to this album means that you don´t know ANYTHING about Dream Theater. You thought that Mike Portnoy is equal to Dream Theater... but i´ts not.

This albums diserves an 8, is the best album since Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence.

Very poor review

The review is my opinion.
You forgot to add that your post is your opinion.
It's that simple, very poor person.
26.09.2011 - 20:48
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Daniell on 23.09.2011 at 12:40

But let's wait for another new album which should be out in about 3 years. If it's great, we will know that Portnoy's influence wasn't so big after all, and "A Dramatic Turd of Events" was just a singular thing.

Oh, how I wish this would happen. I adore this band and would hate to see them issue any more shit like this. I have a soft spot for Mangini too, he's an awesome character and a very colorful player.
And I couldn't agree more about MS being the best metal forum out there. It's reasonably big, but not too big, so things are somewhat tightly monitored here and people can't get away with trolling on a large scale, as opposed to MA which allows any review with (mostly) proper spelling.
----
7.0 means the album is good
27.09.2011 - 11:00
Mariocalin
Written by Daniell on 26.09.2011 at 20:11

Written by Mariocalin on 26.09.2011 at 20:00

Very poor review

The review is my opinion.
You forgot to add that your post is your opinion.
It's that simple, very poor person.

I´m giving my opinion, the same as you.

I consider this review a poor review, you don´t have to take this like a kind of attack, it´s just my opinion.
----
We are the priest of the temple of Synix
27.09.2011 - 14:23
Rating: 2
everonn
I totally agree with this review. My thoughts about this album are the exact same. People keep telling me that this album will grow on me but my 90 year old grandpa's dick grows better than this one.
yeah....this album is a total "master-crap" in my opinion. Please respect my humble opinion and do not fight back
Thanks,
Best Regards,
27.09.2011 - 16:15
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Mariocalin on 27.09.2011 at 11:00

I´m giving my opinion, the same as you.

I consider this review a poor review, you don´t have to take this like a kind of attack, it´s just my opinion.

OK, now I know it's your opinion, not an absolute truth
I understood that you attacked me for not liking the album as much as you do. The review may (may not) be poorly (well) written language-wise, and that's a completely different thing. But if you call my review poor only because I hate the album that you happen to love, it's just a childish thing to say. There are no poor opinions.
27.09.2011 - 17:40
thelawler
I really like this album! Do I think it is their best absolutely not, but I cannot get enough of this type of musicianship (I know alot of people have trouble concentrating and all the music going on but i absorb it all) I give this album a 7/10
27.09.2011 - 19:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Daniell on 27.09.2011 at 16:15
OK, now I know it's your opinion, not an absolute truth
I understood that you attacked me for not liking the album as much as you do. The review may (may not) be poorly (well) written language-wise, and that's a completely different thing. But if you call my review poor only because I hate the album that you happen to love, it's just a childish thing to say. There are no poor opinions.

Well said! I myself could have taken issue with some of the language you used in the review, but I refrained from doing so, because I knew if I had, that it would have looked like I was attacking your opinion of the album, and I didn't want to come across as doing that, because your opinion of the album is just as valid as mine. xD
27.09.2011 - 20:02
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
If only everyone respected others' opinions like you do
27.09.2011 - 20:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Daniell on 27.09.2011 at 20:02

If only everyone respected others' opinions like you do

Ah well.. the mindless bashing is good for amusement I suppose, if nothing else. If you can't respect others' opinions, then you can't expect others to respect your opinion. Simple as that.

I wonder if I'd get bashed for writing a scathing review of Queensryche's latest? (I've been thinking for ages about doing one, but I'd have to listen to the album again, which is something I'm not exactly aching to do!)
28.09.2011 - 04:16
(((O)))
This album would have been A Dramatic Turn of Events for me if it turned out to be a good album, completely soul-less wank with melodies that sounds like something from an ice cream-truck.
29.09.2011 - 09:50
Fredd
Account deleted
I havent listened to this album, and from what I've read in the review and comments, I wont.
29.09.2011 - 10:11
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by malaikat on 23.09.2011 at 11:10

Written by jmz on 23.09.2011 at 04:28

oh man, excuse my English then if it makes you feel i'm aggressive because i didn't mean to. it's my 2nd language.

i had nothing against you on the scores of the past albums as all the fans of this band all over the world know it's their best so far, they are my top favorites too. and ok, you told me i'm wrong to imply MS guys don't like >6 minutes songs from your experience then i got it and nothing against them or you.

whatever you're feeling towards me it's your choice and i'm not here to attack MS or you. in the end i just say it's my "personal" feeling that this album is not too bad (and that doesn't mean it deserves 9 or 10). i come here as a friend who shares the same passion to heavy music, and my point is not going to attack or being aggressive to whoever.

Ok then, no hard feelings - I'm sorry for my senseless agressivenes

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Hits total: 18569 | This month: 38