Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - New Song Online

American thrashers Megadeth have released another single entitled "Never Dead", off of their upcoming new album, Thirteen, due out November 1st, 2011, via Roadrunner Records, now streaming on YouTube. Alternatively, the video can be played below. More album details were previously reported over here.

The song "Never Dead" was actually previewed during the Konami Pre-E3 Show 2011 for the video game "Machinima". You can watch that preview at this location.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 23.09.2011 by pisymbol

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   Visited by: 270 users
23.09.2011 - 10:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
This is a great song! The creepy intro is awesome, as is that winding main riff, and the chorus! xD I was disappointed with "Endgame", but this song has definitely raised my hopes for the new album. Although I felt the same way when I heard "Head Crusher" before the last album came out...
23.09.2011 - 10:58
Daniell
_爱情_
Utterly forgettable assembly line mass production has released a new batch of metal hamburgers, this time under the name Megadeth. This is a sample for your listening displeasure.
23.09.2011 - 11:51
Athropos
Burning inside
The song is not bad, but the sound mixing sounds terrible to me. I hope it's on purpose in this "preview"...
23.09.2011 - 12:38
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Daniell on 23.09.2011 at 10:58

Utterly forgettable assembly line mass production has released a new batch of metal hamburgers, this time under the name Megadeth. This is a sample for your listening displeasure.

I think that was a bit harsh maybe. I was expecting more from this song, from what I've heard in the Konami's video was good, but Dave should've work more on these songs. Megadeth never will be the same thrash as was until 1990. They are more like heavy metal w/ thrash. They haven't released any quality stuff since Countdown To Extinction, and now, after three songs I'm still hoping Th1rt3en will bring some new to the table. Something bigger than anything in the last 19 years...
----
23.09.2011 - 12:43
Daniell
_爱情_
Fair enough. After all, the songs chosen for promotion could turn out to be the worst, and the rest of the album to be excellent. I really like Megadeth, so I do hope for some good new music.

This track however, is bland, colourless and boring, regardless of how much I like Megadeth.
23.09.2011 - 12:47
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Not an exceptional track by any means but it does sound better than most of those on Endgame to me.
23.09.2011 - 12:55
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by R'Vannith on 23.09.2011 at 12:47

Not an exceptional track by any means but it does sound better than most of those on Endgame to me.

Agreed. But then I did think that "Endgame" was overrated... As for "Never Dead", it's not amongst their best ever tracks, but it's definitely not amongst the worst either. lol
23.09.2011 - 13:04
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Angelic Storm on 23.09.2011 at 12:55

Written by R'Vannith on 23.09.2011 at 12:47

Agreed. But then I did think that "Endgame" was overrated... As for "Never Dead", it's not amongst their best ever tracks, but it's definitely not amongst the worst either. lol

I also thought that Endgame was hyped up a bit with the general opinion it was a 'return to thrash', which I'd agree with but even so the music wasn't very memorable at all for me. I certainly wouldn't put this song among the worst they've ever done either, oh there's been far worse.
23.09.2011 - 13:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by R'Vannith on 23.09.2011 at 13:04
I also thought that Endgame was hyped up a bit with the general opinion it was a 'return to thrash', which I'd agree with but even so the music wasn't very memorable at all for me. I certainly wouldn't put this song among the worst they've ever done either, oh there's been far worse.

Well, "Endgame" contained not much actual thrash, I thought... Although me feeling that the overall album was overrated really didn't have anything to do with that. As I think "The System Has Failed" is a far superior album, and that doesn't have much thrash on it. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad album, but certainly I don't think it deserved all the praise it got, and all the talk of it being like a "Rust In Peace Pt.2" was bewildering to me, as it sounds little like it, and is definitely not in the same league as RIP! lol

As for there being far worse Megadeth songs than "Never Dead", well yes, I definitely can only agree with that. hehee And yep, it is better than most of what was on "Endgame", so at the very least, I'm still hopeful that "13" will be an improvement over that album.
23.09.2011 - 14:09
Dark Seraphim

Sounded better than expected, hope the album will be better than recent ones.
23.09.2011 - 14:14
afu

I think too many of you are a bunch of armchair quarterbacking bitches.
23.09.2011 - 15:30
moe5512

Hmm not so bad, Mustaine succeeded with something Ulrich failed with...
23.09.2011 - 15:44
Dundamom

Better than Public Enemy No.1 for sure, i like it. Sure it's still missing something that sets it apart from a regular thrash song but still, it's alright.
23.09.2011 - 17:10
mariano

Not bad, although I haven't listened to any outstanding song from Megadeath since Youthanasia...
23.09.2011 - 17:43
Lit.
Account deleted
Honestly, I think it's much better than Public Enemy #1. From what I'm hearing so far on this album, I'd say it'll be above decent, but not as good as Endgame.
23.09.2011 - 18:59
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Better than the previous song that was released, but just okay overall. I really hate the cute, singalong chorus, and Dave's voice is too loud in the mix.
23.09.2011 - 19:29
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Am I the only one who really prefers "Public Enemy No. 1" to this?

And wtf about Endgame being overrated? In my opinion it had some crap songs like Hardest Part and generic shit like Bodies / Bite the Hand, but the rest of the songs were great. Head Crusher, Dialectic / TDWF, 1320 were great thrash tracks, and you've got stuff like Right to Go Insane and How the Story Ends as solid heavy material. I loved that as an album to be quite honest.

But yeah, seeing this album is probably uninspired and to finish some sort of record deal, as well including loads of filler content (4 songs not for the album originally), I assume it won't be as good as Endgame. But at least it won't be a major fuck-up from what I see.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
23.09.2011 - 19:39
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by qlacs on 23.09.2011 at 12:38

Written by Daniell on 23.09.2011 at 10:58

I think that was a bit harsh maybe. I was expecting more from this song, from what I've heard in the Konami's video was good, but Dave should've work more on these songs. Megadeth never will be the same thrash as was until 1990. They are more like heavy metal w/ thrash. They haven't released any quality stuff since Countdown To Extinction, and now, after three songs I'm still hoping Th1rt3en will bring some new to the table. Something bigger than anything in the last 19 years...

Sad to say, I have to agree with that statement. I mean not all the post-Countdown albums were bad, and Endgame had some great moments but... it'll just never be the same
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.09.2011 - 20:28
Zap
Better than Public Enemy No. 1, but still boring and forgettable.
23.09.2011 - 22:17
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
So far I have listened to 6 songs out of 13 of the album and I must say I'm not impressed, I mean, "Sudden Death" sounds cool but it is drowned in guitar solos; "Black Swan", "Millennium Of The Blind", "New World Order" and "Public Enemy No.1" are quite boring, only this one (Never Dead) sounds balanced, BUT I still can't hear some pure Thrash metal on it.
Oh well

And about Endgame, well, it has some nice songs, but most of them are pure forgettable crap.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
24.09.2011 - 00:03
Ankläger

GAH! My ears are bleeding!
(That sucked)
24.09.2011 - 00:29
elseif

It's a good song.
24.09.2011 - 00:35
Mattybu

Really not very good I'm getting back vibes from this one :C
24.09.2011 - 00:51
Clockwork
Account deleted
I thought this was a decent song. Nothing really wrong with it, I just wasn't impressed.
24.09.2011 - 13:23
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
This sounds like a mix between United Abominations and Endgame, both of which I found to be pretty boring.
25.09.2011 - 03:33
Murder

Good song nothing impressive but it's good
28.09.2011 - 07:02
Dylan

Cool chorus.
28.09.2011 - 11:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Good to see that Megadeff is speeding things up a bit. Hopefully there's no 44 Minutes on this album.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3584 | This month: 4