Metal Storm logo
Killing Joke

18.05.2006 - 05:47
Alfonso
A band that manages to be far more intense than your token metal band, while sort of operating on the outer fringes of the genre. A band that's definitely been one of the most influential artists of the last 25 years. My first exposure to them was the "Millenium" video which I didn't really like at the time it came out, and yet it kept me somewhat intrigued, not to mention the chorus stuck in my head ever since. Fast forward to 2003, and the release of their devastating second self-titled album made me dive DEEP into their back catalogue, and oh boy, I've been having a field day ever since. Discuss the works of this amazing, amazing band here.
----
20.05.2006 - 20:10
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
One of my all time favorite bands...
Alfonso already said what need to be said about them so let me just add one other thing - their lyrics are phenomenal. Coleman actually has a PhD in Theology (yes, he really does!!) and his knowledge about the occult etc. far surpasses that of any other rock band. Only Carl McCoy and the guys from Coil are in the same league as him.
20.05.2006 - 21:07
Alfonso
If I'm not mistaken Coleman actually has a fucking PARISH in New Zealand... he's a full-fledged priest, albeit not your typical one!
----
21.05.2006 - 14:55
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
He is actually a real rock-loony cliche... He is indeed a reverend, he has a Ph.D, he is an acclaimed symphonic composer, he has seminars about armageddon theories, he once escaped to Iceland because he was afraid the "Elder Gods have woken up" etc.. LOL
12.09.2008 - 21:24
Deadsoulman
elite
Question for Killing Joke fans: during the current tour, the band plays two nights in each city. According to everything I read, "their second performance in each city will treat fans to 1994's "Pandemonium" and the Island Records singles of '79 to '80".

Ok for Pandemonium, I can't wait to hear the whole album live, but what the hell are those Island Records singles of 79 and 80?
12.09.2008 - 21:35
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Written by Deadsoulman on 12.09.2008 at 21:24

Ok for Pandemonium, I can't wait to hear the whole album live, but what the hell are those Island Records singles of 79 and 80?

That would be the songs Almost Red, Nervous System, Are You Receiving and Turn To Red. Are You Receiving has been played live in recent times but the other songs I don't believe were ever played after the late 70s/early 80s.
12.09.2008 - 21:48
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Pandemonium is a meh album tho, why did you not choose the first night instead? Would be far better.
13.09.2008 - 00:14
Deadsoulman
elite
Because I don't live in Paris and so I wouldn't be able to make it on time for the show