Owners:

727 have it
13 want it
2 trade it

01. A Bruise Upon The Silent Moon
02. The Promise Of Fever
03. Hurt And Virtue
04. An Enemy Led The Tempest
05. Damned In Any Language (A Plague On Words)
06. Better To Reign In Hell
07. Serpent Tongue
08. Carrion
09. The Mordant Liquor Of Tears
10. Presents From The Poison-Hearted
11. Doberman Pharaoh
12. Babalon A.D. (So Glad For The Madness)
13. A Scarlet Witch Lit The Season
14. Mannequin
15. Thank God For The Suffering
16. The Smoke Of Her Burning
17. End Of Daze

Additional info
Recorded at Parkgate Studios, Battle, with additional work undertaken at New Rising Studios, Peldon, late Summer and Autumn 2002.
Mastered at Sony Studios, Whitfield Street, London.

Guest review by
Justin
Rating:
When Cradle Of Filth announced they had signed a deal with the major label Sony, cries of sell out could be heard throughout the black metal community. Some fans have even gone as far as mourning the one great C.O.F. before hearing a single note of the new album! But with eight highly influential releases emerging from their previous label Music For Nations, and sales of over one million albums worldwide certified, the time had come to move up to the level, or simply remain at the same status quo. C.O.F. simply chose to push the limits and see just how successful black metal could possibly become within popular culture. The two years since their last studio album has been anything but quiet for the C.O.F. fan, with a mini album , a best of retrospective and a live album keeping the fan base tided over till the next monumental opus was finally released.

Read more ››
published 10.09.2003 | Comments (25)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 502 users
25.09.2011 - 19:52
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

A real mixture of an album. There are some brilliant moments here(Hurt and virtue, an enemy led the tempest, the promise of fever) and some flawed tracks (Serpent tongue, end of daze, better to reign in hell). Seems to me most of DAAD is concentrated on orchestral moments rather than anything else.
01.03.2012 - 21:17
Korah

Great album, very well done. I really enjoyed it, not like some others like "Dusk And Her Embrace" or "Cruelty And The Beast" whitch doesn't have many personality.
----
Don't cry for my English
31.01.2013 - 20:00
Rating: 9
Opethian

Written by Korah on 01.03.2012 at 21:17

Great album, very well done. I really enjoyed it, not like some others like "Dusk And Her Embrace" or "Cruelty And The Beast" whitch doesn't have many personality.

You shouldn't be listening to COF if you are to think those two records don't have any personality
31.05.2020 - 23:39
Rating: 6
TheH2K

Amazingly well-produced,all sounds are quite clear and tangible.The drum parts are nice and exciting.
The symphonic parts are really magnificent.
On the other hand, the record lacks creativity in the riffs and the melodies and the songs are somehow monotonous.
If you listen to this record even for more than several times you cannot enjoy anything special except the symphonic instrumental tracks.
14.09.2021 - 19:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Not a classic but still good album, good song writes, composers, some extreme, some good parts, not chaotic but somehow interesting album. Dani needs decent song writes to faction
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.12.2023 - 13:05
Rating: 10
Dean0495

Great album, not as masterpiece as Midian, but very close. I give it 9/10.

Hits total: 12911 | This month: 29