Metal Storm logo
Metallica & Lou Reed - New Song Online

"The View", the second track from the upcoming new album Lulu, created by the musical collaboration between Lou Reed and Metallica, is now streaming online at this location. You can also listen to it below. Lulu is set to be released on October 31st everywhere else except for North America, where it will be released on November 1st. More album details were previously reported here and here.

Source: loureedmetallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 26.09.2011 by Void Eater

Comments page 2 / 5

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 129   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 535 users
26.09.2011 - 18:29
malaikat

Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.09.2011 at 18:26

Written by malaikat on 26.09.2011 at 16:15

and, of course, the future meme:

"I AM THE TABLE!!"

It's "I am the tablet"

According to the "official" lyrics, he first says "tablet", than "table" a couple of times.
In other words, even they don't know what the fuck are they singing.
26.09.2011 - 18:37
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I was trying to pick something good out of this song, but obviously I couldn't. Not surprised though.
Oh well, I'll just put Metallica aside and keep moving. A lot of good bands out there that deserve my time and attention.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
26.09.2011 - 18:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by malaikat on 26.09.2011 at 18:29

Which is actually more sad (or hilarious?) than just the line "I am the table".
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.09.2011 - 18:43
moe5512

Yep, this is should be pure shit BUT the part where James is singing is quite good
26.09.2011 - 18:49
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2011 at 18:08

Written by Guest on 26.09.2011 at 17:44

Metallica's replacement in the Big 4:

Exodus or Testament?

No replacement in the big four, sigh. You do know what the big four stands for?

Well, of course I do. Big 4 in terms of sales and popularity.
I'm just thinking from the perspective that not many people like this song, therefore not many people will bother to buy the album, instead to download it. Metallica are losing their credability quite quickly.

Really, though, it's mostly just for me. The Big 4 include my favorite Thrash Metal bands, but Metallica (again) are becoming a lost cause, so I'm just having a little fun in deciding who could replace them. Exodus, Testament or (As someone said above) Overkill?
26.09.2011 - 19:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
...so the Lit 4, then?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.09.2011 - 19:18
Windrider
Raureif
What the fuck? Ok I am not familiar with Metallica stuff but that guys sings like he wouldnt care to claim the first round of a talent show... And by replacing some riffs you easily get your most cheesy rock á la Bon Jovi...
26.09.2011 - 19:22
Zap
This should be able to cure you if you listened to the whole thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEL6_SuQCu8
26.09.2011 - 19:24
Evil Chip

I heard the song completely. Fuck, they are genious at sucking.
26.09.2011 - 19:27
Thrash666

Cliff just rolled over in his grave. Why Metallica??? Why???
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
26.09.2011 - 19:33
Moose

*Disclaimer: Not a fanboy defending Metallica, nor do I love the song*

...but to everyone having a go at the lyrics/storytelling style, you obviously missed the part at the beginning saying about them being inspired by hundred year old plays by Frank Wedekind.
26.09.2011 - 19:37
Veil of Maya

Written by malaikat on 26.09.2011 at 18:29

Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.09.2011 at 18:26

Written by malaikat on 26.09.2011 at 16:15

and, of course, the future meme:

"I AM THE TABLE!!"

It's "I am the tablet"

According to the "official" lyrics, he first says "tablet", than "table" a couple of times.

26.09.2011 - 19:45
Sasha Batrakov
Account deleted
Hahahaha, kids in high school can do better than this
26.09.2011 - 20:00
theironarctica

St. Anger is starting to sound really good right now....
26.09.2011 - 20:02
Kalmari

Haha I can't believe that they are actually going to make an album worse than St. Anger
26.09.2011 - 20:06
Hugoj33

My shit is prettier
26.09.2011 - 20:17
Kenos
Account deleted
I really can't figure that this oceanic swamp of manure is going to stretch over almost one hour and a half.
26.09.2011 - 20:22
Enissa

Is this really a song??
26.09.2011 - 20:47
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Veil of Maya on 26.09.2011 at 19:37

Finally!!!
26.09.2011 - 20:53
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
This is a fucking anomaly of a song. People are disappointed Metallica take a change in style back in Load days but at least the songs were good in that style. This.. this is just a fucked up style (dude listen to that guy's voice).. it's so.. ugh. And the drums and guitar / bass why do they need Metallica for that, tbfh I could do better than Lars with a drum machine.. and it'd cost less anyway. >.>
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
26.09.2011 - 21:29
Zap
Wow the table picture is even funnier than the "Gimme fue, gimme fai, gimme Dabajabaza" picture.
26.09.2011 - 21:39
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Iron Nostarion on 26.09.2011 at 20:53

This is a fucking anomaly of a song. People are disappointed Metallica take a change in style back in Load days but at least the songs were good in that style. This.. this is just a fucked up style (dude listen to that guy's voice).. it's so.. ugh. And the drums and guitar / bass why do they need Metallica for that, tbfh I could do better than Lars with a drum machine.. and it'd cost less anyway. >.>

While I was initially, disappointed with the change in style of "Load", once the shock of Metallica playing in that style had worn off, I really began to appreciate it and seen it as a great album. And I will forever stand by my love for that album. But this song with Lou Reed... I don't even know what to say about it, other than it's terrible. *sighs*
26.09.2011 - 21:44
Metal Invader

This is pure bull...!
26.09.2011 - 21:54
King Bonzo

Metallica is dead to me. Nothing new there!
26.09.2011 - 21:55
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.09.2011 at 21:39

Written by Iron Nostarion on 26.09.2011 at 20:53

While I was initially, disappointed with the change in style of "Load", once the shock of Metallica playing in that style had worn off, I really began to appreciate it and seen it as a great album. And I will forever stand by my love for that album. But this song with Lou Reed... I don't even know what to say about it, other than it's terrible. *sighs*

Exactly my thoughts. I've become more tolerant of style-changing as long as the music was not bad. Yet this is not even a proper song in my head. Even St. Anger was better than this. I'd take "Frantic" or even "Sweet Amber" over this any day. >_>
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
26.09.2011 - 22:01
Yavanna

Quote:
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.09.2011 at 21:39

I like Load and Reload too, they have great songs indeed, but this one is just
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
26.09.2011 - 22:21
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Iron Nostarion on 26.09.2011 at 21:55
Exactly my thoughts. I've become more tolerant of style-changing as long as the music was not bad. Yet this is not even a proper song in my head. Even St. Anger was better than this. I'd take "Frantic" or even "Sweet Amber" over this any day. >_>

Even the worst song on St. Anger (The monotonous "Invisible Kid") is better than "The View". I couldn't even finish listening to the full song, it was so bad... Unless by some small miracle, the rest of the album is a lot better than this awful song, then it's easily the worst album bearing the Metallica name. Kirk Hammett has stated that "Lulu" isn't a "true Metallica album", but even so, it still bears the Metallica name, and it will taint it. And has for me.

I saw their set at Rock In Rio last night, which was great. That for me is Metallica, and what they're all about! "Lulu" might have the Metallica name on it, but to me it isn't Metallica.
26.09.2011 - 22:34
Jeeers

"I am a table" .. LOL What was that?

We have this joke with one of my best friends - When we laugh about somebody who doesn't know english language at all, I usually ask him: "How are you" and my friend replies: "I am table!", so it's twice funny for me.
This song made my day!

And above picture is just PERFECT - I laughed my ass off the chair!
26.09.2011 - 22:56
malaikat

Written by Moose on 26.09.2011 at 19:33

*Disclaimer: Not a fanboy defending Metallica, nor do I love the song*

...but to everyone having a go at the lyrics/storytelling style, you obviously missed the part at the beginning saying about them being inspired by hundred year old plays by Frank Wedekind.

What's that got to do with the song being shitty? Also, they are in no way the first band/artist to take a book and make a concept album out of it. I mean, "Paradise Lost" alone has at least a 100 albums dedicated to it. Even "Necronomicon" has a bunch of his own albums, and "Necronomicon" doesn't even exist.
26.09.2011 - 23:00
reload3591

This isn't even music.

Hits total: 8528 | This month: 13