Metal Storm logo
Belphegor

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 18.05.2006 - 07:19
Belphegor is my favorite band that could fit under 'extreme' I just wanted to know other peoples thoughts about this band
20.04.2008 - 17:14
ß
Problem?
I thought Sexdictaor Lucifer was one of the most boring songs on the cd.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
20.04.2008 - 23:50
blackart
Account deleted
the new cd is amazing! >:)
21.04.2008 - 22:51
Baz Anderson
staff
if anyone has any questions they want to ask the band - please PM me as soon as you can with what you want putting to them and I will see if I can.
thanks!
24.04.2008 - 02:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by ß on 20.04.2008 at 17:14

I thought Sexdictaor Lucifer was one of the most boring songs on the cd.

Hardly. The structure of that song is so cool. The parts with just the vocals and the drums is awesome, then just bursting into "BONDAGE!!!". it doesnt sound like anything Belphegor has put out yet, alot of the other tracks are very typical Belphegor songs, thats probably one of the two most unique songs on the album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.04.2008 - 02:41
ß
Problem?
Yes it is much diffferent than anything Belphegor maybe thats why it didnt appeal to me at first. I only listened to the song a about 5 times not enough too fully enjoy the track. Im sure once i listen to it more I might enjoy it.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
24.04.2008 - 02:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by ß on 24.04.2008 at 02:41

Yes it is much diffferent than anything Belphegor maybe thats why it didnt appeal to me at first. I only listened to the song a about 5 times not enough too fully enjoy the track. Im sure once i listen to it more I might enjoy it.

Yeah, thats how I felt about 'Chronicles of Crime' but after a few listens through its one of my favorite tracks on the album.
----
- George Carlin
10.12.2008 - 07:06
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I saw these guys live with Amon Amarth and I thought they did a really good job. I'm looking to buy an album. I was thinking their newest release but I'm here to ask if that's the best one to start off with?
----
Coldgrits
10.12.2008 - 07:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by -DC-002- on 10.12.2008 at 07:06

I saw these guys live with Amon Amarth and I thought they did a really good job. I'm looking to buy an album. I was thinking their newest release but I'm here to ask if that's the best one to start off with?

Their newest release is really good. Personally I'd go in this order:
1. Goatreich-Fleshcult
2. Bondage Goat Zombie
3. Lucifer Incestus
4. Pestapokalypse VI
5. Necrodaemon Terrorsathan

Haven't been able to hunt down their other 2 albums yet (the first two) , so couldn't tell you anything about those.
----
- George Carlin
10.12.2008 - 09:28
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Thanks I'll look into those soon

EDIT: I've heard a few songs and Goatreich - Fleshcult seems pretty killer and the one to buy. The song Swarm Of Rats and Diabolical Possession are great.

The song "The Goatchrist" is awesome too.
----
Coldgrits
10.12.2008 - 11:39
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 10.12.2008 at 07:10

Written by -DC-002- on 10.12.2008 at 07:06

Their newest release is really good. Personally I'd go in this order:
1. Goatreich-Fleshcult
2. Bondage Goat Zombie
3. Lucifer Incestus
4. Pestapokalypse VI
5. Necrodaemon Terrorsathan

Haven't been able to hunt down their other 2 albums yet (the first two) , so couldn't tell you anything about those.

I got it easily off Amazon but It's a re-release (come to think of it any old-ish metal stuff you buy is) though with the first 2 in one pack. I prefer the debut. Necrodaemon Terrorsathan is the one I'm having trouble getting!
11.12.2008 - 03:49
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I have a song I downloaded from them some years ago and I don't even think its theirs or not. Its called "Egyptian Trans". Its pretty symphonic with no Belphegor vocals, and it has some Middle Eastern (Egyptian?) lyrics in it. Does anyone know what this possibly could be?
----
Coldgrits
11.12.2008 - 22:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 10.12.2008 at 11:39

I got it easily off Amazon but It's a re-release (come to think of it any old-ish metal stuff you buy is) though with the first 2 in one pack. I prefer the debut. Necrodaemon Terrorsathan is the one I'm having trouble getting!

Yeah, I bought Necrodaemon at a lucky time. That albums fluctuates so much on amazon, one week it will be going for $200, the next week $15, now it seems to be at $100. When I bought it it was only $16.50, so I guess I bought at the right time. And yes, I plan on ordering that double pack of their first two albums as soon as I find someone with a credit card willing to order CDs for me.

@DC-No that can't be them. Perhaps try Nile?
----
- George Carlin
12.12.2008 - 01:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Really? I assumed that album was easy to find, since I bought it for like $10 from djangos.com (out of business now lol) about three years ago. It's the only album by them that I have and don't completely hate.... maybe I should sell it? Naaaaah I could never do that :/
12.12.2008 - 08:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Dangerboner on 12.12.2008 at 01:31

Really? I assumed that album was easy to find, since I bought it for like $10 from djangos.com (out of business now lol) about three years ago. It's the only album by them that I have and don't completely hate.... maybe I should sell it? Naaaaah I could never do that :/

Ur mouth smells milk. Why do you hate Belphegor?

Strangely enough Necrodaemon is my least favorite of the Belphegor albums I own....
----
- George Carlin
23.01.2009 - 16:48
eleniShadow
I would say tha t one of their best albums is Lucifer Incestus. The earlier releases are closer to death metal and the following of LC are more melodic (still awesome both of them!!) Lc is right in the middle
----
Hellenic Black Metal Legions
http://www.myspace.com/elenishadow
26.01.2009 - 00:26
Tamara
Account deleted
Hmm, well, for Belphegor I have only good words, especially for the new album. Somebody said that Sexdictator Lucifer is the most boring one on the cd, well not for me, its one of my favourite on BGZ. I would choose also Pestapokalypse VI and Lucifer Incestus. I had chance to see them live last year, and it was more than I expected.
11.04.2009 - 20:51
Galar
Wicked Mung
Well, I kinda made an ass out of myself yesturday. Just purchased a Belphegor t-shirt and the horde's of chaos tour last night, and as I was putting it on Helmuth came up to me and said "Can I help you?". I didn't realize it was him at first, so I didnt say anything. But a few minutes later I was like fuck, and went up to him and talked with him for like 20 min. Good recovery on my part.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
14.07.2010 - 16:26
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
Anyone knows who is the guitar player of Belphegor on their tours this year? because http://www.metal-archives.com/ says that Morluch is out at 2009 and I saw the live alomst 2 weeks ago they had a guitar player, who is that?
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
14.07.2010 - 16:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
I liked Walpurgis Rites. Solid album, but not their best.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.07.2010 - 06:51
Ur-Drago
These guys got me into nun pr0n.

When I saw them live, I was the only one who recognized Helmuth by sight and name. He gave me two free stickers after that as I bought 2 shirts.

Great guy. Very soft spoken IRL. Who would ever have thought?
15.07.2010 - 09:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Ur-Drago on 15.07.2010 at 06:51

These guys got me into nun pr0n.

When I saw them live, I was the only one who recognized Helmuth by sight and name. He gave me two free stickers after that as I bought 2 shirts.

Great guy. Very soft spoken IRL. Who would ever have thought?

Really? When I met him he was a bit of a dick...
----
- George Carlin
16.07.2010 - 02:25
Ur-Drago
Maybe he was having a bad day or something, or maybe I caught him on a good day? Who knows. All I can tell you is, that, based on my experience, he was cool, calm, gracious and polite.

Apparently you weren't so lucky.
16.07.2010 - 10:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Ur-Drago on 16.07.2010 at 02:25

Maybe he was having a bad day or something, or maybe I caught him on a good day? Who knows. All I can tell you is, that, based on my experience, he was cool, calm, gracious and polite.

Apparently you weren't so lucky.

Yeah, I suppose he's just a normal guy, he has those days I suppose...
----
- George Carlin