Metal Storm logo
Belphegor

18.05.2006 - 07:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Belphegor is my favorite band that could fit under 'extreme' I just wanted to know other peoples thoughts about this band
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.05.2006 - 07:47
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Definately a great black/death metal band. Lucifer Incestus is probably my favourite album by them.
18.05.2006 - 07:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
ah, mother anorexia, i remember you from the previous belphegor thread, i think we agreed on the lucifer incestus being the best album.
----
- George Carlin
18.05.2006 - 08:00
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Yep
20.05.2006 - 04:29
Hylia
Oh yeah,Belphegor are one of the greatest bands ever.I bought Goatreich-Fleshcult months ago and still listen to it regularly.I actually think that their best album is Blutsabbath.I also think that their combined album was pretty good as well.
20.05.2006 - 04:43
Southern Wind
Account deleted
their top is Goatreich Fleshcult, and the cover art of The Last Supper is one of my favourite ever... like anything a bit shocking, it was banned in Germany.
20.05.2006 - 05:07
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Germans censor everything
20.05.2006 - 05:21
Southern Wind
Account deleted
after their dark past they care about banning anything that could offend anyone... it's logical afer all but they had gone too far... even Cannibal Corpse can't play there.
20.05.2006 - 09:54
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
When I first heard them I wasn't fully into them. But soon after I gave them another chance and they really started to grow on me. Now, they are one of my absolute favorite bands.
20.05.2006 - 11:40
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 05:21

after their dark past they care about banning anything that could offend anyone... it's logical afer all but they had gone too far... even Cannibal Corpse can't play there.

Cannibal Corpse can play in Germany, they played at Wacken in 2004. They can get arrested if the play Hammer Smashed face however and most of their albums come with blank covers so ive heard.
29.05.2006 - 17:57
kackbratze
Cannibal Corpse also planned to come to Wacken 05, but they cancelled it... >.<

But on topic, Belphegor are awesome. I heard the songs "Lucifer Incestus" and "Bleeding Salvation" first and then decided to get into them more. Totally heavy Black Death Metal, they are the band that got me into "trve" Black Metal together with Behemoth.
03.06.2006 - 16:47
Snake666
Account deleted
I think Belphegor's Lucifer Incestus is their best album, but Goatreich Fleshcult kicks ass too.
05.06.2006 - 22:37
tobm
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 11:40

Cannibal Corpse can play in Germany, they played at Wacken in 2004. They can get arrested if the play Hammer Smashed face however and most of their albums come with blank covers so ive heard.

i am from germany but i live in mexico right now, yeah its true cannibal corpse can play in germany but certain songs/albums ( but i dont belive whole albums are banned) are banned for example i believe a skull full of maggots, but ist dumb cuz on the other side they are allowed to play songs liek fucked witha knife, so i dont really support why germany is getting so strict on that..but whatever
05.06.2006 - 22:39
tobm
haha yeah btw ahhah i like belphegor, jsut got into them and i am amazed by what i ahve seen
06.06.2006 - 09:37
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"i am from germany but i live in mexico right now, yeah its true cannibal corpse can play in germany but certain songs/albums ( but i dont belive whole albums are banned) are banned for example i believe a skull full of maggots, but ist dumb cuz on the other side they are allowed to play songs liek fucked witha knife, so i dont really support why germany is getting so strict on that..but whatever "

The song Hammer Smashed Face i meant.
07.06.2006 - 03:34
__Az__
Belphegor are a pretty good band... To get a good range of samples take a look at their home page...
07.06.2006 - 23:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Hylia on 20.05.2006 at 04:29

Oh yeah,Belphegor are one of the greatest bands ever.I bought Goatreich-Fleshcult months ago and still listen to it regularly.I actually think that their best album is Blutsabbath.I also think that their combined album was pretty good as well.

your the first person ive heard talk about blutsabbath positively, even belphegor say that was there worst album because apparently they recorded it at more than 1 studio so the sound quality was inconsistent, especially with the drumming.
----
- George Carlin
08.06.2006 - 00:28
Hylia
Yeah I dont find anything wrong with it,I guess maybe because it's the first album I've heard by them also their newest album wasn't all that great,I play it a lot but I do prefer their earlier albums.
21.06.2006 - 10:09
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Its definately not their strongest album, nor is it a strong "extreme" album but it is still a solid Belphegor album if that made sense at all.....
17.07.2006 - 09:19
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Pretty evil band. I am not one for Satanic cheesy-ness, but the music is still pretty wicked. I haven't really heard a lot from this band, just what few songs are available from the internet. I can easily look past the goofy lyrics and enjoy the music. It's totally killer.
----
The force will be with you, always.
17.07.2006 - 12:45
Throne of Rats
Love the band I have their latest release and there is not one dissapointing song on it at all.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
17.07.2006 - 14:53
Hybrid_Killer
Account deleted
I liked Goatsreich Fleshcult but could never love it because the "kill god" thing repeated in every song got old quick.

Anyone know if Helmuth is good live?
17.07.2006 - 15:10
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"I can easily look past the goofy lyrics and enjoy the music."

It IS the music that counts
17.07.2006 - 16:31
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I think the band is alright, their earlier stuff better than their "Death" metal. Hopefully their new cd will be a groundbreaking one. But for now, they are owned by Behemoth.
----
Brujerizmo!
17.07.2006 - 18:40
Richard
Elite
Written by Konrad on 17.07.2006 at 16:31

I think the band is alright, their earlier stuff better than their "Death" metal. Hopefully their new cd will be a groundbreaking one. But for now, they are owned by Behemoth.

What Belphegor are doing is kind of similar to Behemoth in some respects, I can see why people compare the two bands. But, I think Belphegor is more straight forward and catchy - even though they're chaotic at times, they have stand-out choruses and such, which Behemoth doesn't have to quite the same extent.
----
17.07.2006 - 18:46
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I can agree with that. I never would have really thought to compare the two, but I believe they are commonly linked together because they made the transition from black to death, and are now both on Nuclear Blast.
----
Brujerizmo!
18.07.2006 - 15:08
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
I see recent Belphegor as a more of a black metal band with death influences and vice versa for Behemoth. Id still classify both as Blackened Death metal though.
31.07.2006 - 03:21
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Thought I'd just post. Listening to "Engulfed In Eternal Frost" from their 'The Last Supper' album. They were definitely Black Metal to begin with. It seems they have stayed wicked throughout their whole career. Some real Christraping Black Metal, ha. Evil shit.
----
The force will be with you, always.
09.08.2006 - 23:52
Sakaftor
Account deleted
Hehe, I think everybody has said this already...but Belphegor is one of my favourite bands! Goatreich-Fleshcult's a great one...my favourite but ALL of them kick major ass! Black/death is amazing...and they are gods of their genre
10.08.2006 - 00:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 11:40

Yes, this is quite logical.. though I think, that when time passes and the booth the World Wars are healed enough, this will change too. I don't think Cannibal Corpse will be alive to see though.

Back on topic. I'll check them out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama