Metal Storm logo
Belphegor

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 18.05.2006 - 07:19
Belphegor is my favorite band that could fit under 'extreme' I just wanted to know other peoples thoughts about this band
24.02.2007 - 02:38
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Belphegor's lyrics have a very very complex background that many wouldn't understand. Hell I've listened to Hells Ambassador many times, but since I never knew the story behind Belphegor the demon, I didnt even get the Chorus.
24.02.2007 - 02:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, that is what I was talking about, they have a lot methaporic lyrics and many lyrics that have many different meanings which gives their lyrics higher level. It is easy to take some spritual or occultic book and rewrite whole book like many bands. I will save this for another thread but I will mention only one book - Necronomicon...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
24.02.2007 - 19:15
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
I Have to say we start Discussing how awesome Petsapokalypse VI is. My Favorite song off that album is Pest Teufel Apokalypse, it starts and stays brutal throughout the song.

You know its a great song when the first thing you here is "MIASMA!"
24.02.2007 - 19:22
MetalSpider
I like Angel of Retribution, Hell's Ambassador, and Bluhsturm Erotika the most...though I really like every song off that album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
24.02.2007 - 21:29
APOHAKC
The Bard
Bluhsturm Erotika for me, awesome sone, I like the horror atmosphere on that song... but all songs are awesome and unique
----
25.02.2007 - 02:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 24.02.2007 at 19:15

I Have to say we start Discussing how awesome Petsapokalypse VI is. My Favorite song off that album is Pest Teufel Apokalypse, it starts and stays brutal throughout the song.

You know its a great song when the first thing you here is "MIASMA!"

Im with you on this one, Pest Teufel Apokalypse...everything about it is awesome, sweet intro, and for some reason, when Helmuth says "Apocalypsis Mortis!" I really enjoy that part, Nefastus does a cool rythm part on the ride during that part of the song.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.02.2007 - 04:47
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Hah yeah, I know that kick you get when you hear Apocalypsis Mortis. But I still dont know what he sais in the beggining before the music starts.
25.02.2007 - 11:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
yeah it doesnt list it in the liner notes, ive emailed the website trying to figure out alot of info on Belphegor, but have yet to recieve a reply....questions like:

complete member list and years they were in the band (so i can improve on the current Belphegor page)
what he says at the start of Pest Teufel Apokalypse
and what theyre saying on the intro to 'Cruzifixus Anu Dei'

but yeah I havnt recieved any reply and its bugging at me
----
- George Carlin
25.02.2007 - 13:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
As soon as you get reply post it here please
----
25.02.2007 - 15:33
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 25.02.2007 at 11:48

yeah it doesnt list it in the liner notes, ive emailed the website trying to figure out alot of info on Belphegor, but have yet to recieve a reply....questions like:

complete member list and years they were in the band (so i can improve on the current Belphegor page)

Yes, post it publicly in the thread so we can all be enlitghened.

(Belphegor Thread's 100th post!)
25.02.2007 - 21:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 15:33

Written by Doc G. on 25.02.2007 at 11:48

Yes, post it publicly in the thread so we can all be enlitghened.

(Belphegor Thread's 100th post!)

I definitly will, but like I said, its been about 3 months but no reply yet. (hooray for Belphegors 100)
----
- George Carlin
28.02.2007 - 02:04
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
The one song im not too fond of is Angel of Retribution. Its too Boring, but its still pretty badass.
28.02.2007 - 02:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Really? I thats one of my other favorites, the lyrics are pretty cool "Defend...Your life! your freedom!"

The only songs that didnt impress me on that album was 'Das Pesthaus/Miasma Epilog' and 'The Ancient Enemy' but Ancient Enemy is starting to grow on me.
----
- George Carlin
28.02.2007 - 03:39
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Yeah, but like always pest teufle takes the win.
28.02.2007 - 07:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Definitly.
----
- George Carlin
19.03.2007 - 09:56
Helimoth
Account deleted
Yeah the new Pestpokalypse album is phenomenal...and I recently saw Belphegor live, they were amazing! I met Helmuth as well which was one of the best moments of my life so far
19.03.2007 - 13:34
Ernis
狼獾
I tried to download some of their albums but my hard drives are too full....damn it....well...I watched a few videos and I like them....well....some lyrics...I don't understand them much but the lyrics sound nasty.....I'm a christian but...hell yeh....Bluhtsturm Erotika was awesome....this was indeed well done and the video fitted the song extremely well....this reminded me of a gory version inspired by the Ring......
21.03.2007 - 03:28
ASiema113
Well I must say Belphegor certainly makes leaves an impression on people.
Today in my broadcasting class I did a music video on the glorious song "Vomit Upon The Cross" the name was enough to arouse interest. I once played 45 secs of it for my class and they were suprised anything of this nature existed . So I decided to do a music video of course which led to people telling me ("this music scares me", "that has the sound of evil") not to mention that the person who went before me did a music video of a spice girls song, so there was quite some commotion on my video going around school. We shall see how the next couple of days go.

Hails Necrodaemon Terrorsathan
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
21.03.2007 - 05:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by ASiema113 on 21.03.2007 at 03:28

Well I must say Belphegor certainly makes leaves an impression on people.
Today in my broadcasting class I did a music video on the glorious song "Vomit Upon The Cross" the name was enough to arouse interest. I once played 45 secs of it for my class and they were suprised anything of this nature existed . So I decided to do a music video of course which led to people telling me ("this music scares me", "that has the sound of evil") not to mention that the person who went before me did a music video of a spice girls song, so there was quite some commotion on my video going around school. We shall see how the next couple of days go.

Hails Necrodaemon Terrorsathan

yeah, my buddy did a drama skit for school where you take the lyrics of a song and you make them into a skit, he chose 'Swarm Of Rats'....he can just count down the days till he gets suspended. lol.
----
- George Carlin
21.03.2007 - 20:48
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
These are some pics from the belphegor show:

I did talk to Hellmuth right before they played, also yelled the lyrics to the songs in his face when they played. The show was fucking great, cant wait for their next tour into America.
21.03.2007 - 22:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Putrid_Cadaver: thats awesome! you got so close! im really friggin jealous. and when you talked to him, did you get any info on what there saying at the start of 'Pest Teufel apokalypse' by any chance? lol.
----
- George Carlin
21.03.2007 - 22:49
Damnated
Churchburner
i remember that they were planning to play in romania, tickets were sold, location set up, everything was prepared .... but the concert was banned, and eventually Belphegor was banned from coming to romania ever again. their loss, i'm shure. in this country nunns are cruxified by monks, imagine what would have happened with Belphegor ...
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.03.2007 - 22:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Damnated on 21.03.2007 at 22:49

i remember that they were planning to play in romania, tickets were sold, location set up, everything was prepared .... but the concert was banned, and eventually Belphegor was banned from coming to romania ever again. their loss, i'm shure. in this country nunns are cruxified by monks, imagine what would have happened with Belphegor ...

There loss? by the way you describe it it sounds like if they did play there they wouldnt have left with all 10 fingers.
----
- George Carlin
21.03.2007 - 23:11
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 21.03.2007 at 22:53

There loss? by the way you describe it it sounds like if they did play there they wouldnt have left with all 10 fingers.

i was sarcastic dude. ofcourse it's not their loss, but mine and other's who would've wanted to see them.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.03.2007 - 23:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Damnated on 21.03.2007 at 23:11

i was sarcastic dude. ofcourse it's not their loss, but mine and other's who would've wanted to see them.

Yeah yeah I know you were sarcastic, I guess I forgot to put the usual LOL after my message.
----
- George Carlin
22.03.2007 - 00:11
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Damnated on 21.03.2007 at 23:11

Why on earth were they banned? Forever?

I don't think that's right....well....if because of their videos(which are actually more funny than worth being taken seriously) or their silly lyrics...then I don't know what to say....

Does the church really have political power or are the politicians still as strict and nasty as Ceausescu? You aren't living in North Korea for feck's sake...
22.03.2007 - 01:37
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 21.03.2007 at 22:24

@Putrid_Cadaver: thats awesome! you got so close! im really friggin jealous. and when you talked to him, did you get any info on what there saying at the start of 'Pest Teufel apokalypse' by any chance? lol.

Fuck yeah, i was super close. Sadly I was too excited to ask him what they said at the beggining of it. And what made me a little mad was them not playing it at all, but they did start with Hells ambassador and right after that they did the Goatchrist.
22.03.2007 - 01:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 22.03.2007 at 01:37

Written by Doc G. on 21.03.2007 at 22:24

Fuck yeah, i was super close. Sadly I was too excited to ask him what they said at the beggining of it. And what made me a little mad was them not playing it at all, but they did start with Hells ambassador and right after that they did the Goatchrist.

yeah I know what you mean, I probably wouldve gotten too nervous and asked them something stupid like what there favorite cereal was or something... but atleast they played the Goatchrist which is awesome...cool bouncy intro.
----
- George Carlin
22.03.2007 - 09:43
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Ernis on 22.03.2007 at 00:11

Why on earth were they banned? Forever?

I don't think that's right....well....if because of their videos(which are actually more funny than worth being taken seriously) or their silly lyrics...then I don't know what to say....

Does the church really have political power or are the politicians still as strict and nasty as Ceausescu? You aren't living in North Korea for feck's sake...

the thing is, that more than half of romania's population is a deeply religios person. and by deeply religious i mean almost fanatic and extremly supersticios. so to them, Belphegor is evil incarnated. there were alot of portesters etc. so the concert was banned. but this wasn't enough for our religious folk. no. they adopted a law, wich sais that bands that use satanic, anti-chrisitan or anti-religious images, symbols and/or lyrics can not play in romania. therefor Belphegor, Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Iron Maiden etcetera were banned ..... for our protection ofcourse.
----

02.04.2007 - 00:11
ASiema113
I find Belphegor's Necrodaemon Terrorsathan album to be their best piece of work and would like to find bands/albums that also have that same feel to it.

Basically I'm looking for a bands/albums that capture both Black & Death Metal in their music but with a greater sense/presence of Black Metal but while still holding elements of death metal firmly in their music.

So if you know anything like this then please reply to this description or if you have any idea what Im talking about.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.