Metal Storm logo
Belphegor

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 18.05.2006 - 07:19
Belphegor is my favorite band that could fit under 'extreme' I just wanted to know other peoples thoughts about this band
02.04.2007 - 03:44
Robstar
Belphegor is one of my favorite blackmetal bands
Indeed Necrodaemon terrosathan album is awesome, the first album I heard from these dudes , My ex girlfriend pass it to me ... nice one Raquel !
Anyway great band... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
----
Nothing is unreacheable
20.04.2007 - 02:18
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Lucifer Incestus I have to say is their best.
20.04.2007 - 03:11
APOHAKC
The Bard
This thread is alive again, great!
Yeah, Lucifer Incestus is probably their best release to me... It is just awesome
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
20.04.2007 - 03:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I dont know about that, I used to say Lucifer Incestus was the best, but that album got old for me pretty fast, now id say it would have to be Goatreich.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.04.2007 - 03:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
That is awesome album too, songs like Swarm Of Rats or Anus Dei... WOW!!!
----
20.04.2007 - 04:30
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Like Death, all of Belphegor's albums contribute something else.
14.06.2007 - 02:35
Ryliuk
Account deleted
All their albums are great, Pestapokalypse to me is awesome!! those hell-beating drums that seem to never stop throughout all the disc are fantastic. Hell's Ambassador and Chants For The Devil 1533 are great songs, man this guys are incredible!!
25.06.2007 - 00:38
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Fan-filmed video footage of Belphegor's performances at the W2 venue in Den Bosch (Holland) has been posted at YouTube here (with the first two songs from their latest cd Pestapokalypse VI 'Belphegor - Hell's Ambassador' and 'Seyn Todt In Schwartz').
25.06.2007 - 08:07
Sunioj
Written by Doc G. on 20.04.2007 at 03:11

I dont know about that, I used to say Lucifer Incestus was the best, but that album got old for me pretty fast, now id say it would have to be Goatreich.

Im always torn between those two albums..sometimes I would listen to both albums in a row just because I cant decide which want I like more. I would say Lucifer Incestus has some atmosphere that I like especially though.
25.06.2007 - 11:58
APOHAKC
The Bard
I prefer Goatreich Fleshcult altough as Hellraizer said I like to listen to them in a row, they have similar production and sound so sometimes I wouldn't notice that one album is finished and another started. Goatreich is little better, but slight difference, maybe only because of the one and only Swarm Of Rats lol
----
27.06.2007 - 19:39
Infurnace
I'm going to see them live, this Saturday, and I'm really excited. Goatreich Fleshcult, IMO, is the best Belphegor album. I've listened to that album the most, and I must say it's Supreme Black/Death Metal art!
27.06.2007 - 20:00
matos
Written by Infurnace on 27.06.2007 at 19:39

I'm going to see them live, this Saturday, and I'm really excited. Goatreich Fleshcult, IMO, is the best Belphegor album. I've listened to that album the most, and I must say it's Supreme Black/Death Metal art!

i'm also going to see them live! on kaltenbach OA07. Can't believe it's going to be for the first time, since they've played in slovenia for couple of times.
----
28.06.2007 - 17:46
matos
damn! how could i not know they were playing the tour with slovenian drummer!! i've just seen the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHI5Kgt6Bmw from holland and there's Robi from Scaffold, Supreme Pain behind the drums
Looks like slovenia has some great drummers to offer lately
----
01.07.2007 - 14:52
Infurnace
Belphegor's show last night was fantastic! Absolutely fantastic. I was standing in front all the time . It was a great show, allthough it was over before I even noticed haha . Oh and I got Sigurd's guitar pick!
11.07.2007 - 19:36
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
According to the runner of their myspace, they plan on having a new album next spring.
15.07.2007 - 21:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 11.07.2007 at 19:36

According to the runner of their myspace, they plan on having a new album next spring.

wow. I didnt see the runner but it doesnt surprise me. Is it just me or do they seem to be pumping out albums at a pretty fast rate lately? If this news is correct that means theyve been putting out an album every 1-1.5ish years since Goatreich...most bands give it 2 or 3 years. Maybe time just seems to be flying by for me.
----
- George Carlin
19.07.2007 - 02:45
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
technicly itll have been about 2 years seeing that pest. came out in 2006
19.07.2007 - 02:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
wow, nice news

I am not sure, but I also have feeling that they are releasing albums oftenly, although, I don't have nothing against that, as long as they are good, of cause
----
19.07.2007 - 04:25
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
I think recent signing to nuclear blast has something to do with it.
19.07.2007 - 14:49
APOHAKC
The Bard
That is very possible, but also, that can be dangerous step for them, they are already on the top (more or less).
----
19.07.2007 - 19:25
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
If they surpass Behemoth i'll be scared.
21.01.2008 - 22:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Putrid Cadaver
we'll see with the upcoming album: Bondage Goat Zombie! am I the only one who finds that name pretty humorous? I assume they know it sounds pretty comical, but this comical side of Belphegor hasn't really been shown all that much since Lucifer Incestus, I'm excited now.
----
- George Carlin
22.01.2008 - 08:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 19.07.2007 at 02:45

technicly itll have been about 2 years seeing that pest. came out in 2006

actually, somewhere around 1 year and 5 months, Then again if you consider the fact that Pestapokalypse was delayed in its release date for quite some time in my recollection.
----
- George Carlin
06.02.2008 - 20:47
Obi
Account deleted
belphegor is great shit. the best mix of black and death metal. funny song- and albumtitles :-)
22.02.2008 - 16:10
NOИ
they sound like a death metal version of Marduk to me. generic stuff, the new album changed title from The Fleshweirk or something like that to Bondage Goat Zombie, as Dr. Rock said. check their cover

23.02.2008 - 07:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Deadraiser
Fleischwerk was never the title of it. it was just a more metal way of saying "this work" or "this album" (yet untitled). I think people just took it out of context.
----
- George Carlin
24.02.2008 - 01:18
ß
Problem?
Belphegor is definatley one of my favourite bands and one of the few bands that I don't get tired of listening to. Out of all their releases i can't really name one of their cd's i dislike and im looking forward to the new cd Bondage Goat Zombie name sounds pretty weird if you ask me.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
25.02.2008 - 20:07
NOИ
Written by Doc G. on 23.02.2008 at 07:44

@Deadraiser
Fleischwerk was never the title of it. it was just a more metal way of saying "this work" or "this album" (yet untitled). I think people just took it out of context.

yeah maybe, but doesnt matter now. the title is a little bit funny, waiting to hear their stuff...
26.02.2008 - 05:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Deadraiser
Yeah, samples should be up at any day now.....
----
- George Carlin
05.03.2008 - 21:44
i was looking on the net the other day to see some samples of theyr new album and i found a site on which you can listen to the single bodage goat zombie

here is the link

http://boomp3.com/m/c1eb10cd54cb

the music is sick as hell
----
No-one is closer to the Devil than me