Metal Storm logo
Do you feel the photo upload notice is necessary?

Poll

Do you feel the photo upload notice is necessary?

Doesn't bother me
No
Yes

Total votes: 36
06.10.2006 - 13:35
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I was just wondering what people think of the notification you get when a friend changes their photos. Personally I don't feel it's necessary; I feel it's an annoyance to open up the box to see them. What're your thoughts?
----
06.10.2006 - 14:37
iaberis
Advice Troll
It's a bit annoying...
----
Bitch! Please
06.10.2006 - 16:23
Lupas
Maximus
I said no. It is useless that a note for a photo is sent to you when ever some of the friends change pic.
Imagine a friend that use to change his pic every day
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
06.10.2006 - 19:46
Raiden
Down Under Staff
It doesn't really bother me. I don't get too many of them. Unless you've got 100's of photo-active friends I don't think it should be too much of a problem
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
06.10.2006 - 20:11
wrathchild

I remember I suggested those notifications to be added... Simply in order to make the "Friend" function a bit more useful (or a bit less useless, as you want). But, as I have no one in my "Friends", I'm probably not the best judge.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
10.10.2006 - 20:29
Bas
Retired Staff
it annoys me when i´m frantically waiting for a notification telling me that a my review got added
but otherwise i think its a very nice function, i´d even suggest to build on it, and also send notifications when personal text gets changed
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
11.10.2006 - 01:55
Baz Anderson

i would have thought it would have been a good idea, but then i dont have any people in my 'friends' list on here so i dont know how annoying it may be
before though, we had to keep checking in the gallery though, i would have thought this would have been easier as you get the message directly to you
-maybe it could be annoying if someone changes their pictures a few times a day though. haha
12.10.2006 - 04:32
Bitch Boy

I'm in the same case as Wrathchild, as I have no friends added, I didn't even know that there was a notification for this, so it doesn't bother me...
14.03.2007 - 09:06
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I think this could be improved slightly if, where it says _n while you're not looking directly at your notifications, it also gives an indication what the notification is for.

For example, _n [i] for an image or _n [e:2, r] for two edits and a review..?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
14.03.2007 - 17:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
About friwnds well i think its good but since now we can see new mambers who has pics I lock there almoust ewery day so i realy dunno, but vote for yes
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.03.2007 - 17:46
Damnated
Churchburner
it is a good option, however it bothers me sometimes. the best thing would be if it was customizable.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.03.2007 - 19:19
GT
Coffee!!
I'm with Damnated on this one. The option's fine but would be nice to be able to customize it a bit
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.03.2007 - 13:26
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I feel that the photo upload notice is highly unnecessary. It is annoying to see a notification, expecting that someone quoted you, when you discover that someone just uploaded a picture. Would I ever take the time to see your new picture? Maybe, but just out of boredom. But when I want to check my notifications, I just want to see if someone quoted me.
21.03.2007 - 14:40
wrathchild

Written by Guest on 21.03.2007 at 13:26

Would I ever take the time to see your new picture?

Because I'm your friend? If someone feels like the world needs to see a new pic of them, they'd probably want their friends to be notified of this as they're even more than just other people in the world.

But customizing notifications would be great, indeed. Though don't expect to be able to disable warning notifications
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
21.03.2007 - 14:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 21.03.2007 at 14:40

But customizing notifications would be great, indeed. Though don't expect to be able to disable warning notifications

it means if member has warned/banned he/she get notification
Or just he/she wanna post and then discovere band, or open prof and see warning
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.03.2007 - 15:13
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by wrathchild on 21.03.2007 at 14:40

Because I'm your friend? If someone feels like the world needs to see a new pic of them, they'd probably want their friends to be notified of this as they're even more than just other people in the world.

Wrathchild, don't be offended, I wasn't talking about you.
21.03.2007 - 18:00
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I think that this is a good option, but it's a little annoying when someone changes the pictures around 3 times in the week
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
24.03.2007 - 04:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
It doesn't bother me because I don't have that mcush friends here.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.07.2007 - 18:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think it's a good option, nothing more with that... next question please.
----
29.07.2007 - 23:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
Voted no, actually doesn't bother me, but sometimes, someone upload picture 20 times (yes, that happened few times) I don't know what are they doing, so I get 20 notifications, that is little... annoying. Plus, I like to spy profiles so I would saw them anyway
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
02.08.2007 - 21:51
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Yah I don't think it's necessary either...if one of your friends changes their pics and really wants you to see it, I'm sure they will tell you. And if they don't say anything, sooner or later you'll end up seeing their profile again whatever the reason is.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
03.08.2007 - 02:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
None of my friends seem to change their picture, or comment when I change mine. So I am neutral on it.
----
(space for rent)
22.08.2007 - 01:20
W-Lash
Metal Master
I don't have so many friends added and that means i don't care about these notifications...by the way - i don't think that people change these pics so often to be worried about it.
29.11.2007 - 19:33
Lord TJ

It doesn't bother me much at all, if someone has a new pic up and it notifies me about it then I check it out, if im not interested in the picture oh well, either way I am still going to check it out!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
29.11.2007 - 19:59
Ivan
Retired Admin
Just to remind to those who are not aware of this - you can turn off different kinds of notifications in your Settings
29.11.2007 - 21:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
It doesn't really bother me, as I have not a lot of friends added. But still a good option for those who want to see their friends pictures update.