Metal Storm logo
Sole Remedy - Guitarist Dies In Accident

Mikko Laine, the 30-year-old guitarist of the Finnish progressive metal band Sole Remedy was killed in a traffic accident on October 2nd in the Dutch municipality of Baarlo ? just hours after the band's performance at the ProgPower Europe festival. Here it is the official statement from the band: "Rest in peace Mikko 1981-2011. Mikko has died in a terrible accident while on tour at Netherlands."

According to a spokesperson for the Sjiwa youth center (where the concert took place) the accident occurred at approximately 1:30 a.m. when Laine, who was sleeping next to a fence, was run over by a truck, which was loaded with the backline, instruments and other equipment, as the driver drove backwards and turned onto the road. The 50-year-old driver, a local man, didn't see Mikko, who died at the site.

[Also thanks to Array for sending in this news!]

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Sole Remedy
Posted: 04.10.2011 by Kintu

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 99 users
04.10.2011 - 11:37
Jehan
Apathia Records
R.I.P.
04.10.2011 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RIP and I did not know such band exist
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2011 - 13:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Never heard of him, or the band, but that is terrible thing to happen... R.I.P. \m/
04.10.2011 - 13:29
malaikat

RIP, Mikko.
04.10.2011 - 15:54
Toretto

Last years album was pretty good. It was a good surprise.
04.10.2011 - 18:02
Opethian

RIP, sad news
05.10.2011 - 00:19
Dark Blood
The Avenger
RIP man..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
05.10.2011 - 00:54
Elodie Artour
Slania
Jeez, what a horrible way to die!

RIP, man!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
05.10.2011 - 00:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
At least he got to perform one last time, although I'm sure his friends and family would trade that in for another day with him. Shitty way to go too...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.10.2011 - 02:57
Symmachus

That's an unfavorable way to die. Rest in peace.
05.10.2011 - 07:23
Nefarious
Doom Knight
What a horrible way to go RIP
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
06.01.2012 - 06:47
venom

This is extremely sad thing to happen to such a young and talented guitarist, RIP, i hope the band would fulfill the loss and move on with the musical journey

Hits total: 2921 | This month: 19