Metal Storm logo
Sargeist - Finnish BM

18.05.2006 - 07:58
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
"SARGEIST was born during the summer of diabolical holocaust 1999 as a clandestine solo project of Shatraug. First offering was captured at the Ruins of Cachtice entirely performed by Shatraug himself. In the year 2000 Lord Volos, the ex-drummer of BLUTRACHE, joined Shatraug and the first ritual was re-assembled. Both manifestations were released on Shatraug´s label Warmoon Records in a limited edition of 111 copies. In 2001 SARGEIST was enforced with Gorsedd Marter and Makha Karn, both of them later turning out traitors? With this line-up the "Tyranny Returns" tape LP saw it´s ignition and creation, at the Ruins of Cachtice again, and led everything towards the union assembled of the brotherhood that had formed with Shatraug and Torog. In late 2001 Moribund Cult signed SARGEIST to curse this world with their depression. It was soon to be learned that SARGEIST stand timeless, entering the Heinous Path with full-hearted and soul-woven art.
In 2002 SARGEIST recorded and released the songs "Reaping With Curses & Plague", "The Rebirth of a Cursed Existence" and a re-recording of "Sinister Glow of the Funeral Torches" on a split 7"EP with French terrorists, and label mates, MERRIMACK and two compilations out on Woodcut Records ("Jatkosota" compilation CD) and Black Arts Productions ("?And Jesus Wept" compilation tape).

Although the material was ready since 2001 it took until February 2003 that SARGEIST had finished the recordings for their debut CD release "Satanic Black Devotion". With this album we have set up a course returning to misery & comfort?"

Lineup:
Shatraug - Guitars (ex-Battle, Horna, ex-Mirkhall, Morbid Savouring, ex-Ravening, Blutschrei)
Hoath Torog - Vocals (Behexen)
Horns - Drums (Behexen)

What do you guys think of this black metal band? I discovered them last year when i found that Shatraug (Horna) was a member. Their album Disciple of the Heinous Path really impressed me.
20.05.2006 - 01:21
Hylia

I bought their album tyranny Returns a while ago.Pretty decent band,although I wouldn't say best.The song I liked best from that album was number 8-Sinister Glow of The funeral torches.It had a nice atmosphere to it.
20.05.2006 - 04:24
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Yeah, Sargeist really is nothing overly special IMO. I enjoy their music and all, but they are just an average black metal band.
20.05.2006 - 04:48
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
I like the atmosphere on all the Sargeist albums ive heard, but dont think they can stand up to Horna, Azaghal and Satanic Warmaster.
06.08.2006 - 01:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thay are scary, I think scariest BM band in Finaldn, even Azagal hasnt so scaryt locks and covers, i realy want screem and run when I listen songs
lats album what wa sit name, it cover was scary I delite it and I dont like this band so much, there are better BM band slike those
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.08.2006 - 15:00
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Disciple of the Heinous Path? Good album but i think his work in Horna is much better.
17.08.2006 - 00:07
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I had their "Disciple of the Heinous Path" album in my hands and I ungrimly let it pass without buying! :@ Man, we can be such idiots at times.
----
Christless
18.08.2006 - 00:32
Hermanubis
Account deleted
*stabs*
18.08.2006 - 08:39
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
*ducks*
----
Christless
18.08.2006 - 14:05
aganoth
Account deleted
The Tyranny Returns cd is really good! It has this special mood! I quite like it!
18.10.2006 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.08.2006 at 14:05

The Tyranny Returns cd is really good! It has this special mood! I quite like it!

Thay had splitt out Sargeist / Bahimiron I hawnt hear bahimiror
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.02.2007 - 15:38
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Only heard the 'Satanic Black Devotion' album and I quite liked it. Dont find it to special in anyway, but it is desent black metal thats for sure. The vocals are pretty impressive on how they sound, harsh stuff with a slight eco to them. Musically it all flows very well throughout the album.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.02.2007 - 13:16
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
IMO they're just interesting, that's it!
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
22.02.2008 - 22:48
NOИ

I have Tyranny Returns and Satanic Black Devotion from this band. above the average black metal band, their sound reminds me a little bit Vlad Tepes and any other raw band, especially in the demo. I prefer Behexen more.
23.02.2008 - 05:31
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Totally generic, and the vocalist sounds like a fucking frog!