Metal Storm logo
Grand Belial's Key

13.10.2011 - 16:22
The Turbanator

Anyone a fan of this band? I was just hearing Kosherat and am impressed by it.

Also, I don't think they are pure Black Metal. Feels like there are some, if not a lot, of Thrash elements in their music. Mind you I never hear any other album of theirs yet, just Kosherat so far.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Grand_Belial%27s_Key/Kosherat/102696
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
13.10.2011 - 19:54
Vombatus
Potorro
A while ago a gave them a few listens and I think they are ok. After checking them again now, yeah, they are pretty good maybe just too generic... I wouldn't really praise them.
13.10.2011 - 21:43
Galar
Wicked Mung
I praise them. not as much as Arghoslent though
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
13.10.2011 - 22:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Galar on 13.10.2011 at 21:43
I praise them. not as much as Arghoslent though

For their music or their ideology?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.10.2011 - 03:52
ß
Problem?
For some reason they never clicked with me.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
14.10.2011 - 07:56
Galar
Wicked Mung
There music, I dont care that they are racist, although I am not racist. Incorrigible biggotry and galloping are great albums
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
16.08.2016 - 03:17
Totenlieder

Definitely one of my favorite black metal bands. Mocking the Philanthropist is such a radical record.
Judobeast Assassination is good as well. Kosherat still good, but not as good as their other music.
----
Blut & Krieg
16.08.2016 - 03:28
The Batlord

I dig me some GBK. Once you've heard your first fifty death metal albums, the lyrics start to go in one ear and out the other. But Swastika waving Nazi cheerleaders never get old. Too bad most NSBM sucks, but some of Absurd's shit is also pretty great. The extended version of Asgardsrei is sick. And "Crux Gammata" is hilarious.

----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
17.08.2016 - 01:00
Totenlieder

Written by The Batlord on 16.08.2016 at 03:28

I dig me some GBK. Too bad most NSBM sucks,

I wouldn't necessarily call GBK an NSBM band. Sure their members are definitely pro white power and all that shit,
but the lyrical content of the band stays strictly to anti Christian/Jewish religion themes directly related to the bible.
----
Blut & Krieg
17.08.2016 - 04:32
The Batlord

They may not explicitly rep Hitler in their lyrics, but anti-Semitism from neo-Nazi cunts still hits that wrongness sweet spot.
----
Bands that suck: Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, the folk rock half of Led Zeppelin, 99% of thrash metal bands from the turn of the century, Mumford & Sons, any death metal band influenced by Necrophagist.

That is all for now.
03.09.2016 - 21:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Band img in MA profile, hat that flag and symbol means?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.09.2016 - 05:08
Totenlieder

Written by Bad English on 03.09.2016 at 21:56

Band img in MA profile, hat that flag and symbol means?

Its the Afrikaner Resistance flag. A South African white power group.
----
Blut & Krieg
08.09.2016 - 12:54
DualHelix

Written by The Batlord on 17.08.2016 at 04:32

They may not explicitly rep Hitler in their lyrics, but anti-Semitism from neo-Nazi cunts still hits that wrongness sweet spot.

Lmao, that wrongness sweet spot. Can't say that I've ever outright searched for NSBM.
13.09.2016 - 20:25
The Batlord

Written by DualHelix on 08.09.2016 at 12:54

Lmao, that wrongness sweet spot. Can't say that I've ever outright searched for NSBM.

Don't feel the need to bother. It's mostly shit. Burzum, GBK, and Absurd are the only NSBM or neo-Nazi affiliated bands worth checking out that I've found.
----

That is all for now.
15.09.2016 - 00:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by The Batlord on 13.09.2016 at 20:25

Don't feel the need to bother. It's mostly shit. Burzum, GBK, and Absurd are the only NSBM or neo-Nazi affiliated bands worth checking out that I've found.

I prefer Bilskirnir over Absurd, tbh and Arghoslent play some pretty great melodic death metal.

But usually NSBM and such is crap due to their focus on the message they want to get across.

I wouldn't call Burzum NSBM because nowhere do the lyrics touch on that sort of subject matter. The guy is a raging eno-Nazi, whatever, but then agao so is David Vincent of Morbid Angel and quite some other guys and gals in other bands but those bands don't have lyrics on it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.09.2016 - 01:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I don't wanna go of topi but if you tralk about crap and msg in nsbm music, only band what put effort into music what actually are good quality is Nocturnal Mortum
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.09.2016 - 01:50
The Batlord

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.09.2016 at 00:35

I prefer Bilskirnir over Absurd, tbh and Arghoslent play some pretty great melodic death metal.

But usually NSBM and such is crap due to their focus on the message they want to get across.

I wouldn't call Burzum NSBM because nowhere do the lyrics touch on that sort of subject matter. The guy is a raging eno-Nazi, whatever, but then agao so is David Vincent of Morbid Angel and quite some other guys and gals in other bands but those bands don't have lyrics on it.

I'll have to check those out. And I know Burzum aren't NSBM, which is why I said "neo-Nazi affiliated bands".

The guy is a raging eno-Nazi

I didn't Brian Eno had his own Nazi fans?
----

That is all for now.
17.11.2016 - 22:12
Carl L Sanders

Ah, it seems only yesterday that Joy Div. lead singer, Ian Curtis, was being slagged as a Brownshirt. R.I.P.
Mocking the Philanthropist and Judaeobeast... are very much to my taste.
24.11.2016 - 04:28
Totenlieder

Written by DualHelix on 08.09.2016 at 12:54

I've found plenty that I enjoy.

Selbstmord I really like, Spear of Longinus, Ohtar, Der Strumer, Pantheon, Dark Fury, Goatmoon.
Just a few.
----
Blut & Krieg
24.11.2016 - 04:29
Totenlieder

When I want some tasty riffs I will definitely listen so some Arghoslent, they rule.
----
Blut & Krieg
21.12.2016 - 18:05
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Written by Totenlieder on 17.08.2016 at 01:00

I wouldn't necessarily call GBK an NSBM band. Sure their members are definitely pro white power and all that shit,
but the lyrical content of the band stays strictly to anti Christian/Jewish religion themes directly related to the bible.

This right here is correct. That's one thing that a handful of good black metal gets thrown into. The band members personal beliefs don't really play a role in what happens with the bands. At times yes, but not all of the time.

A few years ago we booked Taake. Antifa came to the show and pepper sprayed everyone. For what reason? Because the vocalist was a said "nazi". He may be or may not have views along those lines but it was never portrayed in the music.
22.12.2016 - 01:57
Totenlieder

Written by Guest on 21.12.2016 at 18:05

This right here is correct. That's one thing that a handful of good black metal gets thrown into. The band members personal beliefs don't really play a role in what happens with the bands. At times yes, but not all of the time.

A few years ago we booked Taake. Antifa came to the show and pepper sprayed everyone. For what reason? Because the vocalist was a said "nazi". He may be or may not have views along those lines but it was never portrayed in the music.

Exactly. antifa are a bunch of shitheads anyways. People/groups like them are what they fight against.
----
Blut & Krieg
25.12.2016 - 23:43
DoomGuild
Account deleted
Written by Totenlieder on 22.12.2016 at 01:57

Written by Guest on 21.12.2016 at 18:05

Exactly. antifa are a bunch of shitheads anyways. People/groups like them are what they fight against.

ANTIFA is just little ignorant punk teens.

I even flew out to Messe de Mortes Festival in Montreal a few weeks ago. Had to shut down a day of the festival because of them.
05.01.2019 - 19:17
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Hands down the best USBM band before the new millenium. The riffs on Mocking The Philantrophist, Judeobeast Assassination and Kosherat are way too good to ignore.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
09.02.2020 - 19:05
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Their latest interview.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190604202953/https://gapingthroats.blogspot.com/2019/05/grand-belials-key-arghoslent-interview.html

Can't help but laugh at some of his answers.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
17.08.2022 - 03:31
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
I know GBK are blacklisted, but I've recently discovered Mocking The Philanthropist and it's fantastic black metal! The guitarist especially is unbelievably talented at crafting some truly juicy and unique riffs
For anyone wanting some impressive riffs (while it's still available on YouTube), here's a full album stream: https://youtu.be/z6MBYdZ1pV0
18.08.2022 - 12:04
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by F3ynman2000 on 17.08.2022 at 03:31

I know GBK are blacklisted, but I've recently discovered Mocking The Philanthropist and it's fantastic black metal! The guitarist especially is unbelievably talented at crafting some truly juicy and unique riffs
For anyone wanting some impressive riffs (while it's still available on YouTube), here's a full album stream: https://youtu.be/z6MBYdZ1pV0

You finally joined the dark side hahaha, every GBK album is really good and worth checking out, even their 2022 one.
I'd also advise you to check out Arghoslent, it's a melodeath side project of GBK and it's really damn excellent. Don't expect anything like In Flames or Dark Tranquility.
05.03.2023 - 00:29
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
I want to believe these guys loved Monty Python's Life Of Brian and just aesthetically ran with it.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best