Metal Storm logo
Threshold - In The Studio, New Album Next Year

British progressive metallers Threshold are currently at Thin Ice Studios ( DragonForce, Pendragon) in Surrey, England, to record their ninth studio album, the follow-up to Dead Reckoning, released in 2007.

The band has finished pre-production and is now tracking drums. "We've got about 75 minutes of music at the moment so there's plenty to do", said keyboard player Richard West, who is producing the album alongside guitarist Karl Groom. "I'm very pleased with the way this album is coming together", commented Groom. "It is particularly good to see contributions in writing from more band members."

The new album sees the return of original Threshold vocalist Damian Wilson (Headspace, Star One), who rejoined the band in 2007 following the departure of Andrew "Mac" McDermott who sadly passed away on August 3rd. The band will release their new album through Nuclear Blast Records in 2012.

Source: thresh.net
Band profile: Threshold
Posted: 13.10.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 52 users
13.10.2011 - 20:19
jsoft

Great stuff! Damian Wilson has a great voice!
14.10.2011 - 09:46
Antidote

Yes he has...but I liked Mac's voice more...RIP
14.10.2011 - 09:48
Ivor
Staff
I'm not sure Damian has made up his mind about whether he wants to be in the band or not, with his coming and going. But his voice is definitely great.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars
15.10.2011 - 03:04
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Antidote on 14.10.2011 at 09:46

Yes he has...but I liked Mac's voice more...RIP

I agree with you. In fact I think Mac had a unique voice and in my opinion, he was Threshold (actually I said this on the thread about his death). Damian has a good voice, yes that's true, but I don't think I could ever be as enthusiastic as Mac's voice made me feel. Always in my heart. RIP.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.

Hits total: 2080 | This month: 7